• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Sounds like a good kid for the coaches to work with.

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Opera singer and web developer.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
      I'd rather it be pass blocking
      Doesn't need to be. We don't ask an awful lot of our OL on passes, since we try to get the ball out so quickly. In our O, run blocking is more important.
      Adipose

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
        Doesn't need to be. We don't ask an awful lot of our OL on passes, since we try to get the ball out so quickly. In our O, run blocking is more important.
        Rivers got sacked a couple times last week. Obviously, bad run blocking is no good. But, bad pass blocking is a lot more dangerous for us. Rivers is our MVP. We're screwed if something bad happens to him.

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
          Rivers got sacked a couple times last week. Obviously, bad run blocking is no good. But, bad pass blocking is a lot more dangerous for us. Rivers is our MVP. We're screwed if something bad happens to him.
          Agreed. But the powers that be (McCoy? Telesco?) recognized that we don't have the best pass blockers and developed a system where poor pass blocking is mitigated by taking shorter drops, running routes designed to get open quickly, and getting the ball out quickly. I'm not saying that pass blocking is not important, but rather that in our system run blocking is more important than pass blocking.
          Adipose

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Agreed. But the powers that be (McCoy? Telesco?) recognized that we don't have the best pass blockers and developed a system where poor pass blocking is mitigated by taking shorter drops, running routes designed to get open quickly, and getting the ball out quickly. I'm not saying that pass blocking is not important, but rather that in our system run blocking is more important than pass blocking.
            And I'm saying I disagree. Despite all the coaches do, Rivers got hit a few times last week. Fortunately, he hasn't been completely mangled (although his hand looked fucked up for a bit). We can have a shitty running game and lose all our running backs and still win. If we lose Rivers, we go from Super Bowl contenders to one of the worst teams my atheistic Jewish God ever allowed to exist. Pass blocking is a zillion times more important.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

Robinson looks like a solid pick-up at this point. Give him to coach D, and see what he can do.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                And I'm saying I disagree. Despite all the coaches do, Rivers got hit a few times last week. Fortunately, he hasn't been completely mangled (although his hand looked fucked up for a bit). We can have a shitty running game and lose all our running backs and still win. If we lose Rivers, we go from Super Bowl contenders to one of the worst teams my atheistic Jewish God ever allowed to exist. Pass blocking is a zillion times more important.
                Exactly, and in this system the best way to protect Rivers is to pound the ball and control the game's flow on offense. If we can't run block effectively and commit to the run, then the other team knows we'll be throwing more and can tee off on Rivers, increasing the number of hits he takes. I mean, if he takes the kind of pounding he took Sunday when we ran effectively, imagine the pounding he'd take if the other team could pin their ears back and rush.

Look, we can argue about whether this system is the best one. Fine. But, in this system, linemen aren't asked to hold their blocks for ages or do anything terribly complex in the passing game. More is required of them in the running game. Therefore, in this system, run blocking is more important. This has nothing to do with protecting our most important asset. We agree that without Rivers, this team wouldn't be worth the paper Post 56 is written on, and so we have to protect him. What I'm saying is that because of the way this system is designed, you can protect him well enough with players whose strength is not pass blocking, but the system doesn't work without effective run blocking.
                Adipose

Comment

• Geezbolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Sun Valley, ID
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                  Robinson looks like a solid pick-up at this point. Give him to coach D, and see what he can do.
                  You got it coach. In Coach D I trust.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post

hahahahahaha. Keeps out the ebola!
                    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Wat
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Exactly, and in this system the best way to protect Rivers is to pound the ball and control the game's flow on offense. If we can't run block effectively and commit to the run, then the other team knows we'll be throwing more and can tee off on Rivers, increasing the number of hits he takes. I mean, if he takes the kind of pounding he took Sunday when we ran effectively, imagine the pounding he'd take if the other team could pin their ears back and rush.

Look, we can argue about whether this system is the best one. Fine. But, in this system, linemen aren't asked to hold their blocks for ages or do anything terribly complex in the passing game. More is required of them in the running game. Therefore, in this system, run blocking is more important. This has nothing to do with protecting our most important asset. We agree that without Rivers, this team wouldn't be worth the paper Post 56 is written on, and so we have to protect him. What I'm saying is that because of the way this system is designed, you can protect him well enough with players whose strength is not pass blocking, but the system doesn't work without effective run blocking.
                        Okay.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡