• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Two coaches, two second halves

Team one. Up big at home at half time. Sustained a key injury to an oft injured starter. Backup came in and played well to close out the first half. In the second half, they turtle up, they commit stupid penalties, they sleep walk their way to letting an inferior team beat them. All three phases of the team basically take the second half off.

Team two. Up big at home at half time. Sustained multiple key injuries on top of already devastating injuries. Backups come in and play well to close out the first half. In the second half, they DOMINATE and don't take their foot off the pedal in any of the three phases.

To me this is all coaching. Wisenhunt leads team one and it was a pathetic performance and some of the penalties were on him -- too many men, not enough men, etc. And Whitehurst is an absolute clown back there. He couldn't even run a QB sneak, which would have put the game away. (Although he did have one sweet 75 yd td pass).

McCoy has figured out not to let up. That is why the starters played a little longer yesterday. I was concerned that Vick might come in and spark the Jets and the Chargers would lay back and play soft to protect the lead. But two things happened -- Chargers did not play soft and Vick looked like he hasn't studied the playbook and doesn't want to be on the field. He was the biggest embarrassment to the Jets yesterday if you ask me.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    Team one. Up big at home at half time. Sustained a key injury to an oft injured starter. Backup came in and played well to close out the first half. In the second half, they turtle up, they commit stupid penalties, they sleep walk their way to letting an inferior team beat them. All three phases of the team basically take the second half off.

Team two. Up big at home at half time. Sustained multiple key injuries on top of already devastating injuries. Backups come in and play well to close out the first half. In the second half, they DOMINATE and don't take their foot off the pedal in any of the three phases.

To me this is all coaching. Wisenhunt leads team one and it was a pathetic performance and some of the penalties were on him -- too many men, not enough men, etc. And Whitehurst is an absolute clown back there. He couldn't even run a QB sneak, which would have put the game away. (Although he did have one sweet 75 yd td pass).

McCoy has figured out not to let up. That is why the starters played a little longer yesterday. I was concerned that Vick might come in and spark the Jets and the Chargers would lay back and play soft to protect the lead. But two things happened -- Chargers did not play soft and Vick looked like he hasn't studied the playbook and doesn't want to be on the field. He was the biggest embarrassment to the Jets yesterday if you ask me.

TG
    It's probably easier to make good play calls when your quarterback is Philip Rivers.

But, you're right. I don't miss Ken Whisenpunt.

Comment

• SFW
      PB Official Game Thread Starter
      • Jul 2013
      • NY
      • USMC
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
      Team 1 is a crappy team with Whitehurst as the QB. Team 2 is a good team with Rivers as the QB. Not really the fairest of comparison's to put on the coach. But I am really happy with McCoy and Frank Reich.
      1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
      2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
      3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
      4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
      5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
      6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
      7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      😂