• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Just Wanted To Say Welcome Chargers.Com(CMB) Members - Roll Call

It sucks you may be losing your home after all these years. I hope Tommy can get that worked out for you guys. I know how important it is.

I just wanted to welcome you all here while you wait and see what happens with .com

We are a community of fans that have been together for almost 17 years. But its been rough lately. The move almost killed us as a forum. Whats left are a small but very solid group of diehard fans. Very loving and generous group of guys and gals.

Whatever you need just ask. This format is the updated format your forum should be. You are V3 we are V5. It may take some getting used to

I know we are much slower here. You guys simply have the numbers. We used to. My hope....if you guys are truly forced out...is that we can rise from the ashes with your dedication. And our dedication to you.

In a way this place is ready for its re-creation. I have even offered Tom admin status. I think he gets something done for you all. But dealing with Joel and the Chargers has to suck. If it doesnt work out lets crank this thing up. We have the server power. And if not ill get more.

Cheers to you all. And to the powderblues community lets welcome our new brothers and sisters.
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Welcome aboard any and all newcomers!

Jump on in the water's fine!

(Is it a double meaning to say welcome aboard and to jump in, in the same post)
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        It sucks you may be losing your home after all these years. I hope Tommy can get that worked out for you guys. I know how important it is.

I just wanted to welcome you all here while you wait and see what happens with .com

We are a community of fans that have been together for almost 17 years. But its been rough lately. The move almost killed us as a forum. Whats left are a small but very solid group of diehard fans. Very loving and generous group of guys and gals.

Whatever you need just ask. This format is the updated format your forum should be. You are V3 we are V5. It may take some getting used to

I know we are much slower here. You guys simply have the numbers. We used to. My hope....if you guys are truly forced out...is that we can rise from the ashes with your dedication. And our dedication to you.

In a way this place is ready for its recreation. I have even offered Tom admin status. I think he gets something done for you all. But dealing with Joel and the Chargers has to suck. If it doesnt work out lets crank this thing up. We have the server power. And if not ill get more.

Cheers to you all. And to the powderblues community lets welcome our new brothers and sisters.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Great news. The Chargers have decided to let the forum at .com stay until the end of the year. Happy for you who joined up here. We are here to support and help if and when that forum goes down.

Comment

• Screeme
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Welcome! This is, even with just the few that remain, probably the best Charger board on the net!

Enjoy!

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Good on you man. Its quiet these days. Definitely busier on .com. I guess thats why i felt combing the 2 forums made some sense.

Comment

• Jwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Hello all,

I just jumped over from CMB. I was born and raised in San Diego and have been a diehard fan since I was a child, over 40 years. The move to LA crushed me as a fan, and I just haven't been interested in following them since. I did try to talk myself into it by to go to a game last year. It only made matters worse. It was one of the most disheartening experiences of my life. That being said, the Chargers have been such a big part of my life for so long, it remains a painful void.

I did continue to lurk on the CMB, just to stay in tune with other fans. When I saw report of CMB shutting down, it was just another dagger in the heart as only the Spanos' could deliver. Then I read Fleet's post, which reminded me of the passion I once had. So, here I am dazed and confused. Im not sure where I go from here, but maybe things will change after some time here.

Anyhow, thanks for inviting us CMB members over.

Regards,

Jeff
                  Last edited by Jwalk; 09-11-2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jwalk View Post
                    Hello all,

I just jumped over from CMB. I was born and raised in San Diego and have been a diehard fan since I was a child, over 40 years. The move to LA crushed me as a fan, and I just haven't been interested in following them since. I did try to talk myself into it by to go to a game last year. It only made matters worse. It was one of the most disheartening experiences of my life. That being said, the Chargers have been such a big part of my life for so long, it remains a painful void.

I did continue to lurk on the CMB, just to stay in tune with other fans. When I saw report of CMB shutting down, it was just another dagger in the heart as only the Spanos' could deliver. Then I read Fleet's post, which reminded me of the passion I once had. So, here I am dazed and confused. Im not sure where I go from here, but maybe things will change after some time here.

Regards,

Jeff
                    Glad to have you here, Jeff. I felt the same way at first. This team is part of my blood, so I wasn't able to give them up. The way I look at it is this. Los Angeles has lost 3 teams in the past. When the NFL and team ownership realizes that it's probably going to happen again, I believe the first place they'll look to fix it will be moving the team back to San Diego again. It happened with the Rams already. With the cost of living in Los Angeles, who is going to buy tickets for both teams? Who is going to buy tickets to see the Chargers, when the Rams already have an established fan base? It's only going to get magnified when they move into the same stadium together. Even if they end up not moving back to San Diego, I can't imagine rooting for another team - I moved to Oklahoma from San Diego in 2003. The favorites in this area are the Chiefs and the Cowboys. No thank you. LOL

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jwalk View Post
                      Hello all,

Regards,

Jeff
                      Jeff i feel your pain. I separated the owners from the players long ago. I just love the players. Id follow them to Mars. lol

Its looks like the CMB is good until the end of the year. I have made an offer to support them if they go down completely. But Tom hasnt responded.

At any rate we are glad to have you here. You need me for anything im here for you.

Comment

• Jwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post

Glad to have you here, Jeff. I felt the same way at first. This team is part of my blood, so I wasn't able to give them up. The way I look at it is this. Los Angeles has lost 3 teams in the past. When the NFL and team ownership realizes that it's probably going to happen again, I believe the first place they'll look to fix it will be moving the team back to San Diego again. It happened with the Rams already. With the cost of living in Los Angeles, who is going to buy tickets for both teams? Who is going to buy tickets to see the Chargers, when the Rams already have an established fan base? It's only going to get magnified when they move into the same stadium together. Even if they end up not moving back to San Diego, I can't imagine rooting for another team - I moved to Oklahoma from San Diego in 2003. The favorites in this area are the Chiefs and the Cowboys. No thank you. LOL
                        Thanks! I agree that it is a no win situation for the Bolts in LA. It would be a dream come true if the Spanos' sold and the team went back to SD.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍