• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Do not remember this place being so hopping. Really awesome to see.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      Do not remember this place being so hopping. Really awesome to see.
      The Group Mock Draft.
      It's a thing.
      The competitive juices get stirred up.
      A lot is learned about the NFL in short order.

We would enjoy having more motivated GMs over there.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• SYB
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Modding at CMB worked on the buddy system. Same guys modding at the new board so it's a no fucking thanks for me. It's a shame the way they choose to go about it.
        Yep. Joel was a complete ghost and left those asshats to do their own thing, and "Father" Tom ran with it and squeezed out mods that didn't fall in line and replaced them with yes men. And in doing so, turned that place into a fucking Disney themed graveyard. It's beyond hilarious that he would start another site with the same chucklefucks calling the shots, with their same overly restrictive rules. Glad that I stumbled across this place.

Are you still comparing every undersized OLB to Manny Lawson?

Comment

• ChargersFan78
          Ossss
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Men i cant stop saying it.

But with so many of you new members joining us it has given us life. And with it... hope towards the future. I think i speak for every OG member of this community when i say we are beyond grateful to have you all with us.

From the bottom of my heart i want to thank each and every one of you for giving us a chance to be one of your destinations to discuss our love of the Chargers.

Peace.
          you sound like a genuinely good dude. Would love to grab a beer with you sometime. Hopefully I'll get the chance that one of the upcoming TPB events.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersFan78 View Post

you sound like a genuinely good dude. Would love to grab a beer with you sometime. Hopefully I'll get the chance that one of the upcoming TPB events.
            In the new stadium. We will have a forum tailgate. Im looking forward to shaking the hands of all of you guys.

Comment

• ChargersFan78
              Ossss
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Yep. Joel was a complete ghost and left those asshats to do their own thing, and "Father" Tom ran with it and squeezed out mods that didn't fall in line and replaced them with yes men. And in doing so, turned that place into a fucking Disney themed graveyard. It's beyond hilarious that he would start another site with the same chucklefucks calling the shots, with their same overly restrictive rules. Glad that I stumbled across this place.

Are you still comparing every undersized OLB to Manny Lawson?
              ChargerTom is a legitimate scumbag of a human being. Even without meeting him in person, I can tell just from his interactions online that he has no redeeming qualities as a human being. As much as Pacstud and I hate each other and likely always will, I think he at least has a conscience and has some good qualities. CT, on the other hand, has none. He is is pure human garbage and legitimately a bad person.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

I really want to keep from attacking other forums. Other admins and moderators. I know some of you had bad experiences. But i recently was pulled into some drama at that forum and i just dont want to be the type of forum that does that. So many of those guys are great. We all have styles and rules. We all moderate differently. I cant say whether a person is good or bad etc just through my online interactions. But i dont want to be the type of admin that allows a bunch of personal attacks on former members or members from another forum. Its bad mojo for me. It affects my personal energy. And karma.

Lets focus on welcoming and celebrating our new members. This forums rebirth.

Lets build up this fucking community and make it badass together. Let those resentments die. Let focus on us.

And for the record regarding Joel. I have never recieved a more heartfelt message from anyone online. Ever. That guy cares about Charger fans. Yes he did have to give those admins their reign there. That Charger Digital Team has been putting in massive hours. They are #1 for a reason. I know he cared about that forum.

I think ultimately Joel was simply trying to tell me he appreciates the way i run this forum. And honestly....after putting in the hours for this community over the last 20 years...on my dime...him telling me that made me tear up. It meant so much to me.

Comment

• Xenos
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

By the way, as you are well aware, I think you are a great guy. There are various examples I could give as to why, but there is one incident in particular that I never had the opportunity to thank you for, and I wanted to do so now.

You may remember that there was a CMB member (who eventually became a mod) named Guerro619. A lot of guys called him "Gooey". Anyway, he was a big time Norv supporter, and I was a big time Norv detractor. He and I used to engage in fierce debates over Norv. Prior to the 2012 season (which turned out to be Norv's last season), Gooey proposed an "avi/sig bet" to me in which the winner would be able to make the loser post an avatar and signature of the winner's choice to the loser's profile for a period of 6 months. Gooey proposed that Norv would make the playoffs in 2012. If he did, Gooey would win the bet and I would have to take on his chosen avi and sig. However, if Norv missed the playoffs, I would be the winner. I agreed to take the bet.

At the conclusion of the 2012 season, Norv obviously missed the playoffs, so I approached Gooey in the General DIscussion forum to live up to his end of the bet. I also posted evidence of our bet for everyone to see. It was clear to everyone that Gooey had proposed the bet, and that I had won. You were one of the first CMB members to demand that Gooey live up to the bet after reviewing the evidence for yourself. However, Gooey was not happy over having lost the bet, and was determined to welsh on it. Thankfully for Gooey, he had moderators Pacstud and ChargerTom, both Norv Turner sycophants themselves, in his corner. Each time you, I, or anyone defending me posted anything to Gooey asking him to live up to the bet, either Pac or CT would immediately delete it, and warn us not to re-post anything about the bet. I was furious over this, and continued to demand that Gooey live up to the bet. CT and Pacstud continued to delete the evidence, and I was finally issued a warning by both of them that if I brought up the bet one more time, I would be permanently banned from the board. I vehemently protested, as this was a clear abuse of moderator privileges, and when I again demanded that Gooey live up to the bet, I was permanently banned. Gooey, conversely, was promoted to Moderator.

I knew that I may one day have to retell this story, so if any of the parties involved want to deny that it happened, they should be assured that I have screenshot evidence of all of it, including the private messages to me telling me to no longer mention the bet or I'd be banned. That said, you were among a fairly sizable group of CMB posters who protested in my defense and who were infuriated on my behalf. Some even left the CMB over this one event. For obvious reasons, I never got to thank you for going to bat for me. So, I am ecstatic to see you still around so that I can do so now. In the face of one of the most egregious example of moderator misconduct I'd ever witnessed on that board (and I'd witnessed a LOT), you chose to risk your own standing on the board to stand up for someone who you didn't even know, simply because you felt it was the right thing to do. That says a great deal about your character. You're a good guy and a great Chargers fan and I would love to buy you a beer someday.

Good to see you my friend. Hope to meet up with you at one of the tailgate parties in the future.
                  I can see why they banned you. Sometimes, you just got to let it go especially when it's not life or death. It's a football forum after all.

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

ChargerTom is a legitimate scumbag of a human being. Even without meeting him in person, I can tell just from his interactions online that he has no redeeming qualities as a human being. As much as Pacstud and I hate each other and likely always will, I think he at least has a conscience and has some good qualities. CT, on the other hand, has none. He is is pure human garbage and legitimately a bad person.
                    He is a really, really shitty mod, however, he's a good human. I know that he used to work with troubled kids, trying to get them on track. So I'll never speak badly of what kind of person he is outside of the CMB or whatever the fuck that new place is called.

Comment

• SYB
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      I really want to keep from attacking other forums. Other admins and moderators. I know some of you had bad experiences. But i recently was pulled into some drama at that forum and i just dont want to be the type of forum that does that. So many of those guys are great. We all have styles and rules. We all moderate differently. I cant say whether a person is good or bad etc just through my online interactions. But i dont want to be the type of admin that allows a bunch of personal attacks on former members or members from another forum. Its bad mojo for me. It affects my personal energy. And karma.

Lets focus on welcoming and celebrating our new members. This forums rebirth.

Lets build up this fucking community and make it badass together. Let those resentments die. Let focus on us.

And for the record regarding Joel. I have never recieved a more heartfelt message from anyone online. Ever. That guy cares about Charger fans. Yes he did have to give those admins their reign there. That Charger Digital Team has been putting in massive hours. They are #1 for a reason. I know he cared about that forum.

I think ultimately Joel was simply trying to tell me he appreciates the way i run this forum. And honestly....after putting in the hours for this community over the last 20 years...on my dime...him telling me that made me tear up. It meant so much to me.
                      I know for a fact that Joel was an absolute ghost and would disappear for a season at a time, if not longer. And I know this from having relationships with more than one of the former mods on the CMB. He may have been cool to you when you started this up, but that doesn't mean that he held up his end of the bargain on the CMB. And if he truly did appreciate the way you run things here, I wish that he would have been more active in prying control back from CT and the morality police they had ruining that board. Had he done so, that place would likely have never dropped off the way it did. CT's iron fist broke that place apart and started several other splinter boards as a result, Bolt Talk being the main landing spot/migrations. And I say this as someone who had a pretty tight relationship with CT before he decided he was gonna run a G-rated message board. And FWIW, I haven't stated a single thing that I haven't said to CT himself.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I know for a fact that Joel was an absolute ghost and would disappear for a season at a time, if not longer. And I know this from having relationships with more than one of the former mods on the CMB. He may have been cool to you when you started this up, but that doesn't mean that he held up his end of the bargain on the CMB. And if he truly did appreciate the way you run things here, I wish that he would have been more active in prying control back from CT and the morality police they had ruining that board. Had he done so, that place would likely have never dropped off the way it did. CT's iron fist broke that place apart and started several other splinter boards as a result, Bolt Talk being the main landing spot/migrations. And I say this as someone who had a pretty tight relationship with CT before he decided he was gonna run a G-rated message board. And FWIW, I haven't stated a single thing that I haven't said to CT himself.
                        You know i think running the digital media department was probably demanding in its own right. I cant really get involved with something i know very little about. But i was appreciative of what he had to say to me.

He opened up about a lot of stuff regarding that forum. But thats between he and i.

Just curious how do you feel about this forum and the way i run things.

Because ill be the first to tell you...if you dnt like something...come to me. Im here for you. Ill listen to you. How can i help?

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          I can see why they banned you. Sometimes, you just got to let it go especially when it's not life or death. It's a football forum after all.
                          Yep. I have some very strong opinions and have ever been shy with sharing them. However, in 12+ years and 21k+ posts on that board, I had 2 minor bans. 1 for typing "effing" and the other for calling one of the usual trolls a 'tard. Oh yeah, and 1 voluntary self ban my rookie year, before I realized just how annoying the BHC was.

Comment

Working...
                          X