Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ran for the first time in over a year. Only 2 miles. No foot pain today which is the biggest plus. But man am I outta shape
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

3 miles yesterday. Didn't hurt as bad.
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

If you're getting back into running, I would strongly suggest not running back to back or even with only one days rest. I would give it at least two. No rush getting back into running, it'll come unless you push it.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
          If you're getting back into running, I would strongly suggest not running back to back or even with only one days rest. I would give it at least two. No rush getting back into running, it'll come unless you push it.
          Yeah, I ran tues and then last night. My plan is 3 days a week right now. The other days are more squats/lunges type of workouts
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Three days a week, I think, is perfect to start, but my advise is to be careful and two days in between, not that I follow my own advise! There are great running apps you can download if you want a regimented starting program (couch to 5k, couch to 10K types). I tried to follow Den's advice (a much faster and accomplished runner than I can be) and its worked well so far coming back from injuries (mostly foot/ankle, indoor soccer related.) Itching to really up the mileage back to pre injury days, but I. will. stay. patient.

Comment

My injuries were my feet. When I say ran 3 miles it was more of a slow jog. I want to make sure my feet can handle it first. Plus they have to carry a lot more weight than they did pre-injury
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Still going? Tried to up the frequency too soon, injuries suck.

Comment

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                  My injuries were my feet. When I say ran 3 miles it was more of a slow jog. I want to make sure my feet can handle it first. Plus they have to carry a lot more weight than they did pre-injury
                  Been working since may with a stress fracture in my heel. Gonna be wearing "the dreaded boot" once work slows down in about a month or so. Tightness in calf area and achilles, with aggravation to existing plantar condition as well.

Any suggestions for rehab/atrophy control once I'm no longer walking and biking on it?
                  I'll take your answers of the air...
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                    Still going? Tried to up the frequency too soon, injuries suck.
                    My Mom's memorial services and my dog dying kinda slowed me down. But I'm still getting in a few a week. Although I've been eating real bad so it's not much help. But running more and more each time
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                      Been working since may with a stress fracture in my heel. Gonna be wearing "the dreaded boot" once work slows down in about a month or so. Tightness in calf area and achilles, with aggravation to existing plantar condition as well.

Any suggestions for rehab/atrophy control once I'm no longer walking and biking on it?
                      I'll take your answers of the air...
                      Never did the sock thing, but calf raises (progressing to on a step), towel rolls and toe curls (I'm not sure of the right term) have helped keep my plantar in check. Been running in Mizuno Wave Nirvanas, but they are replacing that with the Wave Paradox this winter. Support shoes are key. Never walk around barefoot with Plantar, I don't buy that minimalist thing for a second, although Born to Run was a great book.

Comment

My Mom's memorial services and my dog dying kinda slowed me down. But I'm still getting in a few a week. Although I've been eating real bad so it's not much help. But running more and more each time
                        Sorry to hear about your Mom, hope your family is doing ok. Good work progressing. Personally, I'm not going to push anything more than 5 miles or a 10K until at least this summer. Was doing ok going 4.5-5 miles (9/9:30 pace, so not fast at all) and two to three days in between. Felt good enough to go with one day of rest a couple times and the ankle/foot didn't appreciate my efforts. Sucks.

Comment

My running has been ok, however my pushups/planks/ and all other type of activity have disappeared.

And my diet has been crap.

Fricking basketball season man. Every year I tell myself, "this year I'm not gonna let myself go, I'm gonna keep working out..." and I always end up with a couple of half assed months in which not much gets accomplished.
                          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

Crossfit Gypsy here! Former distance runner who found another way to stay in shape. Running was fun, but I quit that shit Cold Turkey for CF.

Comment

Quit that shit cold turkey! Love hate relationship with running. Hate it. Hate not doing it more. Love finishing. Love data.

Comment

Gotta get my fat self back in shape. After having plantar for far too long it looks like Im finally ready to workout.

Any suggestions?
                                Learn chi running. Had runners knee issues that were completely fixed by it, so I know it works.

http://www.chirunning.com/

Find an instructor there and get to it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                                  My running has been ok, however my pushups/planks/ and all other type of activity have disappeared.

And my diet has been crap.

Fricking basketball season man. Every year I tell myself, "this year I'm not gonna let myself go, I'm gonna keep working out..." and I always end up with a couple of half assed months in which not much gets accomplished.
                                  Don't be too upset with yourself.....every once in awhile, you body does need a break, or you'll break down in ways you never knew.

Made that same mistake, didn't give myself a proper break, and ended up in overtraining hell...what a mess that was to get out of. Took me over 6 months to get everything back right. Resting heart rate shot to the moon, running form went to shit....thank god that is all that happened.

This year, I'm going to take two weeks of enforced rest so my body can actually heal. I hate doing it, but remembering last year, I don't think I have a choice but to go into bon-bon mode for awhile.
                                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                  X