• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandiego17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Three days a week, I think, is perfect to start, but my advise is to be careful and two days in between, not that I follow my own advise! There are great running apps you can download if you want a regimented starting program (couch to 5k, couch to 10K types). I tried to follow Den's advice (a much faster and accomplished runner than I can be) and its worked well so far coming back from injuries (mostly foot/ankle, indoor soccer related.) Itching to really up the mileage back to pre injury days, but I. will. stay. patient.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

My injuries were my feet. When I say ran 3 miles it was more of a slow jog. I want to make sure my feet can handle it first. Plus they have to carry a lot more weight than they did pre-injury
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Still going? Tried to up the frequency too soon, injuries suck.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          My injuries were my feet. When I say ran 3 miles it was more of a slow jog. I want to make sure my feet can handle it first. Plus they have to carry a lot more weight than they did pre-injury
          Been working since may with a stress fracture in my heel. Gonna be wearing "the dreaded boot" once work slows down in about a month or so. Tightness in calf area and achilles, with aggravation to existing plantar condition as well.

Any suggestions for rehab/atrophy control once I'm no longer walking and biking on it?
          I'll take your answers of the air...
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
            Still going? Tried to up the frequency too soon, injuries suck.
            My Mom's memorial services and my dog dying kinda slowed me down. But I'm still getting in a few a week. Although I've been eating real bad so it's not much help. But running more and more each time
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
              Been working since may with a stress fracture in my heel. Gonna be wearing "the dreaded boot" once work slows down in about a month or so. Tightness in calf area and achilles, with aggravation to existing plantar condition as well.

Any suggestions for rehab/atrophy control once I'm no longer walking and biking on it?
              I'll take your answers of the air...
              Never did the sock thing, but calf raises (progressing to on a step), towel rolls and toe curls (I'm not sure of the right term) have helped keep my plantar in check. Been running in Mizuno Wave Nirvanas, but they are replacing that with the Wave Paradox this winter. Support shoes are key. Never walk around barefoot with Plantar, I don't buy that minimalist thing for a second, although Born to Run was a great book.

Comment

• sandiego17
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

My Mom's memorial services and my dog dying kinda slowed me down. But I'm still getting in a few a week. Although I've been eating real bad so it's not much help. But running more and more each time
                Sorry to hear about your Mom, hope your family is doing ok. Good work progressing. Personally, I'm not going to push anything more than 5 miles or a 10K until at least this summer. Was doing ok going 4.5-5 miles (9/9:30 pace, so not fast at all) and two to three days in between. Felt good enough to go with one day of rest a couple times and the ankle/foot didn't appreciate my efforts. Sucks.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

My running has been ok, however my pushups/planks/ and all other type of activity have disappeared.

And my diet has been crap.

Fricking basketball season man. Every year I tell myself, "this year I'm not gonna let myself go, I'm gonna keep working out..." and I always end up with a couple of half assed months in which not much gets accomplished.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• TABF
                    Por debajo del promedio
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoCal
                    • Send PM

Crossfit Gypsy here! Former distance runner who found another way to stay in shape. Running was fun, but I quit that shit Cold Turkey for CF.

Comment

• sandiego17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Quit that shit cold turkey! Love hate relationship with running. Hate it. Hate not doing it more. Love finishing. Love data.

Comment

• floydefisher
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • siberiacuse, ny
                        • Send PM

Gotta get my fat self back in shape. After having plantar for far too long it looks like Im finally ready to workout.

Any suggestions?
                        Learn chi running. Had runners knee issues that were completely fixed by it, so I know it works.

ChiRunning is the world leader in teaching a safe, efficient, and natural running technique aimed to reduce injury and improve performance.

Find an instructor there and get to it.
                        sigpic

Comment

• floydefisher
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • siberiacuse, ny
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                          My running has been ok, however my pushups/planks/ and all other type of activity have disappeared.

And my diet has been crap.

Fricking basketball season man. Every year I tell myself, "this year I'm not gonna let myself go, I'm gonna keep working out..." and I always end up with a couple of half assed months in which not much gets accomplished.
                          Don't be too upset with yourself.....every once in awhile, you body does need a break, or you'll break down in ways you never knew.

Made that same mistake, didn't give myself a proper break, and ended up in overtraining hell...what a mess that was to get out of. Took me over 6 months to get everything back right. Resting heart rate shot to the moon, running form went to shit....thank god that is all that happened.

This year, I'm going to take two weeks of enforced rest so my body can actually heal. I hate doing it, but remembering last year, I don't think I have a choice but to go into bon-bon mode for awhile.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡