• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Medications

This could be for anything. Physical, mental/emotional....whatever. Myself, I've tried many psych meds starting from 1989. Cylert was the most promising. It's typically used for people with attention deficit disorder (in the same class of meds as ritalin). But after a while I wasn't eating and not sleeping at all. So even though it gave me remarkable focus it also almost killed me.

After many years of swearing off of pharmacological meds I'm back at it with Prozac. I like it's effect on me. Gives me a slight buzz and greatly curbs my anxious mind - even though it's marketed more as an anti-depressant. Also has helped me with that (depression). I'm taking 40 mgs now. I'm pretty sensitive to meds so I start really low.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

I'm trying to get off of Metformin, Lisinopril, Hydrachlorothiazide, and Lipitor.
    Lost 30+ lbs since early April, so we'll see if there's been any improvement from my next blood test.
    I do feel a ton better now that I have been cleared to workout for the past 2 and a half months. I like that my heart rate comes right back to where it should be during interval training. My blood pressure has dropped quite a bit, so I hope they lower the BP meds soon.
    Good luck with the Prozac. I know several people it has helped.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Good stuff, Mr. Hoarse. Good to hear. Exercising really helps, don't it.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

My blood pressure on Friday - and pretty typical for me actually - 145 over 95. I need to get exercising. My plantar fasciitis put me down for a while. Too much long walking. I need to do something though if I want to avoid bp medicine.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

If you can't be on your feet, you might try a sitting arm cycle,

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Millionaire Wussy commented
            Editing a comment
            I hurt my wrist doing that thing. Of course I was doing it wrong. But I was doing rehab for my shoulders and they had me working on that machine. Well, later that night I woke up in EXTREME pain. My wrist was killing me. But I think I was using my wrists too much on that machine.
        • Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
          My blood pressure on Friday - and pretty typical for me actually - 145 over 95. I need to get exercising. My plantar fasciitis put me down for a while. Too much long walking. I need to do something though if I want to avoid bp medicine.
          Swim. it's great exercise and fun. Also get some custom orthotics made for your feet. I have 4 pairs that I rotate in sneakers and boots. World of difference. Orthaheel (sp?) makes orthotic sandals that are great for around the house or the pool.
          sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Editing a comment
            I'm getting some custom orthotics next. I was able to work out tonight and I felt great. Very encouraging after starting the day so scary. I could barely breathe walking around my block this morning. It's the Prozac side effect. But tonight I feel much better thank God. I would swim if I knew how. If I could float. That sounds real nice.
        • Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Dropped 48 lbs since the end of March. Off my BP meds, diuretics and Lipitor. Metformin was lowered, and a1c was down to 5.9 last test in July.
          Diet & Regular exercise is all it took. MOJO!
          sigpic

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Bolt-O commented
            Editing a comment
            Off the sugar cubes, eh? Good job!

• Millionaire Wussy
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations!! That's an accomplishment.
        • Charged4Life
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

I found something that finally addresses my anxiety. It's called "Vistaril". I'm still taking the Prozac in the generic form (Fluoxitine). That stuff works on my obsessive thinking that keeps me locked into my past abuse. No more of that. So that's freeing. Now this Hydroxyzine Pamoate - generic form of Vistaril - is kicking serious behind on my anxiety. Believe me, it's so damn nice not to have anxiety. I've had sky is the limit anxiety my whole freakin life until this Vistaril stuff. It's amazing. Xanax never worked for me. Just gave me bad side effects. Painful ones at that.

At age 54 I'm finally feeling somewhat normal. Wow.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Vistaril is essentially Benadryl. Its just a simple H1 blocker. Antihistamine. I have hundreds of them. lol

Comment

• Charged4Life
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Vistaril is essentially Benadryl. Its just a simple H1 blocker. Antihistamine. I have hundreds of them. lol
              Yep. And i just found out it worked for me while alone but not so much around people. I noticed a cessation of anxiety after taking it at home but outside around people it just didn't hold up for me. But at least it did help me at home.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charged4Life View Post

Yep. And i just found out it worked for me while alone but not so much around people. I noticed a cessation of anxiety after taking it at home but outside around people it just didn't hold up for me. But at least it did help me at home.
                Its best for sleep. Your better off trying a sublingual GABA and taking it as needed. I like GABA Calm or Superior Source. Its close to as relaxing.

Comment

• Charged4Life
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Its best for sleep. Your better off trying a sublingual GABA and taking it as needed. I like GABA Calm or Superior Source. Its close to as relaxing.
                  Funny you mention GABA. I once submitted a saliva sample for neurotransmitter testing and it found my GABA levels very low. I believe that happens when you have high levels of cortisol - which I do. Anyhow, thank you for mentioning GABA in the sublingual form. I suppose that method of delivery has the highest absorption rate - and the least pissed out rate. lol Right?

I just found some old GABA capsules (500 mg's.). I'm not sure why I stopped taking it. I'm going to look up the sublingual variety.. Very cool. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍