• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Meditation

I was wondering what your experience(s) were in this area. Some pretty amazing things can happen through meditation.

I've written here about my biggest meditation experience before. It's something I treasure.

I don't meditate every day but I found this article to be quite motivating to that end...https://www.mindful.org/meditators-younger-brains/
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"
  • floydefisher
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • siberiacuse, ny
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
    I was wondering what your experience(s) were in this area. Some pretty amazing things can happen through meditation.

I've written here about my biggest meditation experience before. It's something I treasure.

I don't meditate every day but I found this article to be quite motivating to that end...https://www.mindful.org/meditators-younger-brains/
    Get a fitbit Charge 2....it's got a meditation function on it that really works.

Was checking my blood pressure, and it was about 120/80.....I did the 'relax' mode for two minutes, and the blood pressure I swear to god dropped to 108/70.

Sometimes when I use it, I almost fall asleep. Need to try it at night sometime, and see if I can fall asleep faster.
    sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

A great practice, that I don't do consistently enough. But one I am trying to improve upon.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• RobH
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Tokyo, Japan
        • University English Lecturer
        • Send PM

Here's an interesting article.
        Mind-body interventions (MBIs) such as meditation, yoga and Tai Chi don't simply relax us; they can 'reverse' the molecular reactions in our DNA which cause ill-health and depression, according to a study.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

I mentioned something earlier about my spiritual experience - my main one through meditation- in another thread somewhere in one of these "end zone" topics. I briefly described it and offered to reveal more detail upon your personal message (PM) - if interested. No one responded...and that's fine.

But I've thought about it some more and have decided to give my synopsis - best as I can recollect - leading to my feeling of blissful peace or love that was so wonderfully experienced in 1999. At least a for a couple weeks of my life.

I don't think there will be anything shocking in my retelling of how things developed necessarily. That's not my aim anyhow. Rather, I simply want to report as best I can a sort of play by play of events leading up to my rapturous "love" experience. Basically the steps I took. Which you are free to do with whatever you want. Of course.

1. Eat salads and other "light" food that is more nutritious and less about what tastes good. No ice cream or desserts for a period of at least a couple weeks.

2. No TV or movies for a couple weeks.

3. No sex - with others or self - for a couple weeks.

4. Read book(s) that are currently above your typical consciousness (something new and a bit challenging for you) level. I only read one book during this time. That was "Seat of the Soul" by Gary Zukav.

5. Stay away from conflicts with people during these couple weeks. You don't want any emotional upset.

6. Take FULL responsibility for your life at THIS moment. Keep that mindset throughout the day. This was challenging for me as I had the tendency to see myself as victim. And I was in fact but for the purposes of letting go and experiencing great inner love and peace....please do what I say.

7. Be alone as much as possible. Make it quality YOU time. Can't get involved in others' drama. This is about YOU. Enriching YOU. This is included in your couple weeks preparation.

Now we're ready for the actual meditation experience. Here's what you do NOW...

1. Find a comfortable chair. I sat in my recliner. You don't need to be in any kind of position to meditate. Just be comfortable.

2. This is where it gets interesting. I told myself I wasn't getting out of my chair until I experienced something unique and wonderfully different. I literally committed to remaining in my chair as long as it took for something wonderful to happen. This does take extreme commitment....and a lot of FAITH. No doubt about it. But I was desperate at the time for something better than super high anxiety levels and depression. I was sick of feeling stressed all the time. And that actually fueled my commitment to meditation to go as deep as I did. Even though I didn't know if I would ever actually feel any different doing so. I was desperate and willing to give it a try....I had nothing to lose. This IS a huge step. Commitment level is everything in any endeavor. Especially with meditation.

3. Of course your eyes are closed as you meditate. I also focused on letting go. Whatever thought(s) came I simply let them go. Didn't get attached to any thought because I already had "committed" to attaining a different and wonderful new level of consciousness. Even though I never knew such a thing actually existed.

4. Every time you encounter what I'll call a "block" just tell yourself that even nothing as your mind will tell you you have encountered is actually something. Therefore, you can go beyond that barrier. I actually saw myself in a deep dark mine-like structure with walls. And I simply told myself to keep going beyond the wall. And yes, this was quite a journey into the process. I'm not saying you'll get to where I got. Just telling you what happened for me. Maybe you will get that far. maybe you won't. Depends on your commitment level totally IMO.

After about two hours of this process of continually letting go in my mind I got up and couldn't believe how peaceful and how much "love" I experienced. It was palpable. Really palpable. It's my belief that I went beyond the ego and into the core of ourselves (myself). I think everyone has this core of thick "love". And it is THICK.

I have to admit I am a little fearful about folks reading this and in an effort to experience something wonderful they actually sit in their chair for days and die. I don't want that. But otoh it does take a rather extreme level of commitment towards letting go to get "there". And no, I was not under any sort of drug...be they illicit or prescription.

I'm not the only person to experience this love or peace through meditation. There are quite a number of folks who have achieved this state - which can last a couple weeks or so it seems - and they have a description for it - Out of Body Experience....or OBE.

Anyhow, If you wish, you can ask me whatever.

For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞