Sort of Politics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The left is unhinged:

Colbert called his defense of Dickerson “The Tiffany Way’, a reference to CBS branding itself ‘the Tiffany network’ in TV’s Golden Age. Colbert wound up a rant against Trump by saying,”You talk like a sign-language gorilla that got hit in the head. In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s cock holster.”

Can you imagine if Tucker Carlson called Obama's mouth a cock holster? My goodness, nobody would find that remotely funny. He would be under attack from every Evil Soros funded piece of astroturf and the LGBT community immediately with calls for his immediate dismissal for a blatant homosexual slur. Colbert? Lets see if the LGBT organizations are more than just political organizations, will they stand up to slurs regardless of party affiliation? CBS needs to answer if they will allow homophobes airtime.

Comment

• So if the immigration court cases get ruled in favor of Trump, and if Obama Care is replaced, what, other than debt and damaged race relations, is left of the Obama agenda?

217-213 is real close on the house vote, and the Senate isn't going to be any easier, without going 'Nuclear' on cloture for legislative debates.

Comment

• I'm enjoying our retarded President.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
          I'm enjoying our retarded President.
          I must be retarded. I get the bottom word is football, but what is "ermahgerd"? The closest I can make out is "I'm a good." That would come together as, "I'm a good football."

Oh. I don't know how the new-passed-by-the-House healthcare plan would work out if approved, but it sure sounds worse than Obamacare. From what I understand, there is some provision that allows states to allow health insurance companies to again deny people with pre-existing conditions. I hope I'm wrong about it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            So if the immigration court cases get ruled in favor of Trump, and if Obama Care is replaced, what, other than debt and damaged race relations, is left of the Obama agenda?

217-213 is real close on the house vote, and the Senate isn't going to be any easier, without going 'Nuclear' on cloture for legislative debates.
            Damaged race relations? Debt? I think "race relations" in 2017 America is barely a thing, and debt had been going up long before Obama. The deficit did go down under Obama, which you can either credit him or the Republican Congress for.

Obama strengthened the Clinton tradition of making bank off of political favors for rich campaign donors. I'm sure that will last.

Obama also broadened the Bush effort to bomb as many foreigners as possible. Mo bombs - mo money.

Obama didn't really create anything new that will last, but he did help further solidify shitty political traditions.

I'm not saying Obama is the reason we have Donald fucking Trump as president, but he's certainly one reason. Some people voted for Trump because they are tired of bought-off politicians like Obama - those voters probably saw Trump as something different - kind of like I had sort-of, kind-of hoped Obama would be somebody different when I voted for him. I still am glad I voted for Obama over McCain because, while McCain is more of a patriot, he would likely have got us into even more shit in the Middle East than Obama/Bush got us into.
            Last edited by Lightningwill_420; 05-04-2017, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• So, according to the Washington Post, Trump said this to Australia's prime minister ...

“I shouldn’t say this to the great gentleman, my friend from Australia, because they have better health care than we do. We are going to have great health care, very soon.”

So, either Trump thinks a single-payer healthcare system is better than what we have, or he is just ignorant. I'm hoping for the first option but think it is most likely the second.

Comment

• The national debt nearly doubled under Obama. It isn't all his fault, Congress had a huge part of it, as well as the situation he came in on. Government spending will probably not go down under Trump, but hopefully overall revenue will improved with growth in the economy.

I do believe that Obama won his presidency because he is a pretty good speaker, but his party as a whole saw him as as checking off the box for identity politics, more so than HRC, and then beat McCain because be brought out voters who were excited to vote for a black man. I remember standing in line to vote, and Akbar Gbaja-Biamila was in line saying that this was his first time to vote ever. My guess is that many of those who voted him in had no care of his policies, but he did talk a big game. I know he continues to be an icon in his party, but those who were swing votes who wanted to assuage their racial guilt will remember to think twice when a slick talker comes along again.

The biggest reason why Trump won was that he isn't Hillary Clinton, and reached out to the workers who the Dems assumed would follow them just because they were blue collar. Trump didn't bother with lost causes like California. Hillary was a poor candidate, who couldn't run a campaign, and made a poor assumption that the Obama voter would follow... unfortunate for her she wasn't black.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  The national debt nearly doubled under Obama. It isn't all his fault, Congress had a huge part of it, as well as the situation he came in on. Government spending will probably not go down under Trump, but hopefully overall revenue will improved with growth in the economy.

I do believe that Obama won his presidency because he is a pretty good speaker, but his party as a whole saw him as as checking off the box for identity politics, more so than HRC, and then beat McCain because be brought out voters who were excited to vote for a black man. I remember standing in line to vote, and Akbar Gbaja-Biamila was in line saying that this was his first time to vote ever. My guess is that many of those who voted him in had no care of his policies, but he did talk a big game. I know he continues to be an icon in his party, but those who were swing votes who wanted to assuage their racial guilt will remember to think twice when a slick talker comes along again.

The biggest reason why Trump won was that he isn't Hillary Clinton, and reached out to the workers who the Dems assumed would follow them just because they were blue collar. Trump didn't bother with lost causes like California. Hillary was a poor candidate, who couldn't run a campaign, and made a poor assumption that the Obama voter would follow... unfortunate for her she wasn't black.
                  Debt will always go up as long as there is a deficit. The last time we allegedly didn't have a deficit was during the Clinton presidency, which also included Newt's Republican Congress. The deficit was better under Obama than under Bush - it just wasn't zero.

I am not black and didn't vote for Obama because he is black. I voted for him because he opposed the Iraq War and because he was a relatively new politician who might be different. He wasn't different, so that didn't work out. And he ended up getting us into wars in more places than we were already in. So that didn't work out either. The only reason I think I made the right call anyway is because, listening the John McCain talk, we would have been in far more wars under him. Well, that - and Democrats are more likely than Republicans to be good about weed, the environment, religion, education, and social issues like gay marriage. They aren't good about any of those things (other than gay marriage), but they are better than the GOP.
                  Last edited by Lightningwill_420; 05-04-2017, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                    The left is unhinged:

Colbert called his defense of Dickerson “The Tiffany Way’, a reference to CBS branding itself ‘the Tiffany network’ in TV’s Golden Age. Colbert wound up a rant against Trump by saying,”You talk like a sign-language gorilla that got hit in the head. In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s cock holster.”

Can you imagine if Tucker Carlson called Obama's mouth a cock holster? My goodness, nobody would find that remotely funny. He would be under attack from every Evil Soros funded piece of astroturf and the LGBT community immediately with calls for his immediate dismissal for a blatant homosexual slur. Colbert? Lets see if the LGBT organizations are more than just political organizations, will they stand up to slurs regardless of party affiliation? CBS needs to answer if they will allow homophobes airtime.

Comment

• Kold-bert will probably slither out of his problem with the FCC because apparently community standards don't apply to late night TV. He probably doesn't care to convert anyone anyway, he's just preaching to his choir. He might be getting better ratings, but who actually watches him? What products or services would benefit by advertising on his program?

Comment

• Originally posted by obvious_idiot_bolt View Post
                        Ya. He is unhinged. Completely. And homophobic. But libs aren't really interested in homophobes, just use it for politics. Like the poor. They come for your votes every four years and then ignore you is the playbook.

Comment

• Geez, what a year...

R.I.P. Roger Ailes, 77. He definitely changed the media landscape.

Comment

• Another Fox News Firing... Bob Beckel

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/fox-...ve-1202436839/

Comment

Working...
                            X