Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To get this topic back on track, my initial concern is that Comey was playing god with his position as FBI director, and for the most part both sides had agreed with that at one time or another. He's still a pompous ass, but I'm still waiting to see if the new AG will have a spine to fix the weaponization of the DOJ, as Beauregard Sessions wasn't. I have a concern whenever power is misused, by either political party, and especially non-elected officials, like Comey. The Dems are hopping mad at Barr, but I can't see where he's done anything "wrong" except controlling the message from a political hot potato in that report... by making it as transparent as possible. Barr had no legal obligation to release the report, he redacted the legally required portions. Congress changed that rule because Independent Council Starr did have to release his report, but it wasn't flattering to Slick.

The Mueller report is done, the role of the Special Prosecutor was binary, and per Barr, the rule of the office of legal council was not in play (and Barr used to be the head of that division as well). Congress is free to try to impeach on the evidence presented in the report on the "obstruction" but that does not seem reasonable to me.

Comment

• I fucking hate politics. I hate what they are doing to my other forum. Guys are at each others throats and its killing the sports discussion. I will cut this section of our forum if i feel like members are starting to develop a personal dislike for each other based on political views and discussions regarding them are just personal insults.

Its all over social media. People cant stand each other because they believe this or that. Its all bias. Its all towing the company line to me. But it can become such an angry and toxic scene that it will start to carry over into our football discussions. Because if you are a liberal you are this or that. And if you are a conservative you are this or that. All sorts of negatives each side label's the other with.

And i get it...we are living in a very politically polarizing environment at the moment. But its creating so much division that i dont want it to infect TPB.

So if i start to see Politics dividing members here...its not worth having imo. This is a football forum. A Charger forum. And i would typically say we are all the same team. But politics doesnt care about that. Ive seen families broken over politics. Friendships ended. It pisses me off. Political discussion has the power to infect a forum. I wont let that happen.

I am all about unity. Brotherhood. Team. I wont tolerate it if i see that political discussions here are driving us apart. I care too much about this community.

Comment

• The Eagle needs both a left wing and a right wing in order to fly.
        We play modern defensive football.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          The Eagle needs both a left wing and a right wing in order to fly.
          But without its head and body it couldn't fly. Where as it could at the very least walk? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            I fucking hate politics. I hate what they are doing to my other forum. Guys are at each others throats and its killing the sports discussion. I will cut this section of our forum if i feel like members are starting to develop a personal dislike for each other based on political views and discussions regarding them are just personal insults.

Its all over social media. People cant stand each other because they believe this or that. Its all bias. Its all towing the company line to me. But it can become such an angry and toxic scene that it will start to carry over into our football discussions. Because if you are a liberal you are this or that. And if you are a conservative you are this or that. All sorts of negatives each side label's the other with.

And i get it...we are living in a very politically polarizing environment at the moment. But its creating so much division that i dont want it to infect TPB.

So if i start to see Politics dividing members here...its not worth having imo. This is a football forum. A Charger forum. And i would typically say we are all the same team. But politics doesnt care about that. Ive seen families broken over politics. Friendships ended. It pisses me off. Political discussion has the power to infect a forum. I wont let that happen.

I am all about unity. Brotherhood. Team. I wont tolerate it if i see that political discussions here are driving us apart. I care too much about this community.
            Facebook flame wars are the worst...for that reason I avoid politics most of the time with friends and family...we've already got too much division in our country now without adding fuel to the fire...

Comment

• Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Facebook flame wars are the worst...for that reason I avoid politics most of the time with friends and family...we've already got too much division in our country now without adding fuel to the fire...
              I have left FB a few times just because of that. lol

I get it that politics are something many people are into. Im not trying to eliminate that. Im totally open to that discussion here. I want to see it in fact. But we are going through a serious downtrend in communication skills in this country. Twitter is the absolute worst. Because nobody really knows the person they are talking to. So they just launch full blown personal attacks.

These are sensitive subjects. I understand that. But you see it more in political discussions these days.... where attacking someone or labeling them something terrible for what they believe is all too common.

I wont get into something like that here. I think we can all disagree on subject matters here without the name calling.

Comment

Working...
              X