• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

I bought one of Hawking's books when I was in my 20s. Later, thanks to advanced technology, I bought the audio c.d.s for that book.
    I don't know what happened to the unheard compact discs, but the bookmark still sits somewhere around page 4.

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
      I bought one of Hawking's books when I was in my 20s. Later, thanks to advanced technology, I bought the audio c.d.s for that book.
      I don't know what happened to the unheard compact discs, but the bookmark still sits somewhere around page 4.
      U got twice as far as I did
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

R.I.P. Some of the best TV drama of all time, pre-Sopranos and The Wire. I will forgive him for Cop Rock.
        Last edited by Bolt-O; 04-01-2018, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• SDFan
          SDFan commented
          Editing a comment
          Steven Bochco
      • SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Winnie Mandela
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Bolt-O commented
          Editing a comment
          There are some things that were alleged but never adjudicated that don't sit well with me about her. but her support of her husband helped in ending apartheid. Apartheid was wrong, and hopefully the RSA won't all into the fate of most African countries. May God judge her properly.
      • Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

A couple of notables:

R.I.P. Art Bell, 72, radio host. If you couldn't sleep, you probably turned on the radio and heard him talking about UFOs and other conspiracy theories on his show Coast-to-Coast AM, yes on Friday the 13th.

also

R.I.P. Milos Forman, 86, Oscar winning director for "One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest" and "Amadeus", as well for "Hair" and "The People vs. Larry Flint".

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

R.I.P. R. Lee Ermey, 74

Comment

• Charged4Life
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

Art Bell died? I was a late night radio listener when Bell was still with KDWN Las Vegas. This was in the late 80's or early 90's I believe. He was all politics at that point. Definitely a Republican. But gradually he shifted away from politics with his Friday night/Saturday morning shows when he'd feature at least a couple hours on paranormal-subject callers. People, like myself, would call in and share about their weird experiences. Then he brought some noted guests on his show that were from the paranormal ilk. Some psychics (Sean David Morton and Dannion Brinkley were a couple) , UFO/Space related folks (John Lear, Seth Shostak-SETI, Stan Friedman, Whitley Streiber and many more), and even priests (a Father Malachai was one I recall) were invited on his talk show to talk about the darkest recesses of the paranormal. Man, Art Bell had just about everyone on his show covering all areas of the paranormal as he dove completely in and totally strayed away from politics.

I'll never forget my first call into his show. It was on one of those Friday nights that you were allowed to share your personal "ghost" stories. I related to him and his listeners the time my brothers comb flew around by itself one fine Fall day in Missouri.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Heard the name Art Bell but never checked him out......found this to be of interest

After leaving military service he remained in Asia, where he lived on the Japanese island of Okinawa. He worked as a disc jockey for KSBK, which was the only non-military English-language station in Japan. While there, he set a Guinness World Record by staying on the air for 116 hours and 15 minutes. The money raised there allowed Bell to charter a Douglas DC-8, fly to Vietnam, and rescue 130 Vietnamese orphans stranded in Saigon at the war's end. They were eventually brought to the United States and adopted by American families.[
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Night Court was one of my favorite shows. Bummer about Harry the Hat and Judge Harry Stone.
                Last edited by Bolt-O; 04-16-2018, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

That sucks! I love Harry Anderson. He was a funny dude. Rest well, Harry.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

R.I.P. Bruno

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

R.I.P. Tim Bergling, aka Avicii, 28. If you are into EDM, you know who he is. He recently retired from live performances due to acute pancreatitis due to excessive drinking, and had his appendix and gallbladder removed.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Bolt-O commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Family confirms suicide, with a note left. There are always better options with all his resources, but he couldn't reach out.
                    Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎