Clear All
  • Charged4Life
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    R.I.P Koko, 46, famous signing gorilla

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-46/720788002/
    I got to thinking about what Koko might have tried to communicate to her fellow gorilla friends. Here's some possibilities I came up with....

"Humans put salt-peter on the bananas. You better let me handle those."

"Now's the perfect time for a mass rebellion against the humans. Relay this message to all our captive zoo gorillas- their leader is a fucking orangutan! They aren't as smart as we thought. Revolt!"

"If the humans hand you a creature they call a "pussy-cat" please DON'T grab it! Only horny old orangutans do that shit."

"When humans fall into our enclosures - and they do this because they are dumber than monkeys - you can go ahead and give them your feces as a peace-offering. They'll think we love them. And you can sit back and laugh and tell stories when they go away."

"Next time humans visit us in the wild tell them there's no better life than in our mountainous jungles. Show them how to make a nest to sleep in. And then let them sleep in your nest. Over time they will appreciate their back to nature life and forget that we have taken over their lives."

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

R.I.P. Richard Harrison, 77, "The Old Man", from "Pawn Stars", from Parkinsons.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

R.I.P Joe Jackson, 89, patriarch of the musical Jacksons.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

R.I.P. Aretha Franklin, 76, of pancreatic cancer.

"Respect"

"Think"

"I Say a Little Prayer"

"Chain of Fools"

"A Natural Woman"

"Freeway of Love"
          Last edited by Bolt-O; 08-16-2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

R.I.P. Burt Reynolds, 82. My favorite movies from him were Deliverance and The Longest Yard.

He was pretty good in "Boogie Nights" as well, and "Smokey and the Bandit"

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/b...it-1202930270/
            Last edited by Bolt-O; 09-06-2018, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Legend. So sad.

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

RIP Ed King 68. Lung Cancer. Wrote Sweet Home Alabama as member of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist Ed King, who joined the band in 1972 to give it its three-guitar sound, has died at 68.

King was born in the Los Angeles suburb of Glendale, California. He was one of the founding members of the LA-based Strawberry Alarm Clock, a mid-1960s pop psychedelic rock band.[4] The band's largest success was with the 1967 single "Incense and Peppermints", which reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.[5] While with the band he played both electric guitar and bass guitar.[6]

King met the members of what was to become the Jacksonville, Florida-based Southern rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd when an earlier lineup of some of its members opened for Strawberry Alarm Clock on a few shows in early 1968. It wasn't until 1972 that he joined Skynyrd,[7] replacing Leon Wilkeson on bass, who had left the band briefly. Wilkeson rejoined the band, and King switched to lead guitar, creating with Allen Collins and Gary Rossington the triple-guitar attack that became a signature sound for the band.[5]

His guitar playing and songwriting skills were an essential element on the band's first three albums: , Second Helping and Nuthin' Fancy. King co-wrote "Sweet Home Alabama", and his voice counted the "one, two, three", before he launched into his famous riff to start the song.[8] Other songs that King wrote or co-wrote include "Poison Whiskey", "Saturday Night Special", "Whiskey Rock-a-Roller" and "Workin' For MCA".[5]

Band biographer Mark Ribowsky said that King was the outsider in Lynyrd Skynyrd as he was the only non-Southerner, but that King made the band professional.[9] King detailed his initial exit from the band in the documentary If I Leave Here Tomorrow: A Film About Lynyrd Skynyrd, saying "Ronnie [Van Zant] and my guitar roadie who changed my strings were thrown in jail in Ann Arbor. They didn't arrive...until 10 minutes before we went on. I had to play on old strings and I broke two strings during 'Free Bird'. After, Ronnie was riding me, and a lightbulb went off and I said, "That's it." I went back to my room, packed up my stuff and left."[10]

King decided to leave the band in 1975 during the "Torture Tour". He was replaced in 1976 by Steve Gaines, who added a second slide guitar to the band's repertoire as well as a third lead. Gaines was killed in a plane crash along with his sister Cassie Gaines and lead singer Ronnie Van Zant on October 20, 1977.[11]

King was one of the guitarists in the reunited Lynyrd Skynyrd in 1987, and played a major role. He was forced to leave the band again in 1996 because of congestive heart failure.[12]

King, along with all pre-crash members of Lynyrd Skynyrd, was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2006

Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Bolt-O commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I saw that when it happened, but it was a busy day. R.I.P.
              • Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

September 11, 2001

Remember.

Comment

• chargerUce
                  CHEE-HOO!!!!
                  • Sep 2018
                  • southern cal
                  • Send PM

yesterday was 22 year anniversary of 2pac's death..

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Bolt-O commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Welcome to the forum!
                • thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Did famous people stop dying, or is this the death of the RIP thread?

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                    Did famous people stop dying, or is this the death of the RIP thread?
                    I don't know. Did anyone of note to you die recently? We all mourn the senseless mass murder this last Saturday, but there are others, like the active duty sailor who was shot and killed by some cretin, after he approached his car thinking he needed assistance.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

R.I.P., former Padre as well...

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰