• Show
Clear All
  • sandiego17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    "Shrewd dealing."

There was a reason that deal was nullified.
    Not a legitimate one. Clips "deal" required sterns intervention. There is a reason the other owners didn't cry when Paul got sent to play for sterling.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
      Not a legitimate one. Clips "deal" required sterns intervention. There is a reason the other owners didn't cry when Paul got sent to play for sterling.
      Because the owners wanted Sterling to succeed as an NBA franchise. Where they now want to strip it from him based on comments that don't surprise them at all.

This mess is going to go through many years of litigation. Another plus for Lakers fans
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Yes the circle jerk is certainly thriving.

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Yes the circle jerk is certainly thriving.
          Excellent point. Much better than "reasons" that even clipper apologists can't actually believe.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

"Clippers apologists?"

What are Clippers fans supposed to be apologizing for, exactly? Rooting for their team? Remaining loyal through some really dark times? Supporting the team when it has a modicum of success?

This whole...whatever it is you guys are doing...is emotionally driven and intellectually barren. It's really pretty sad. You're all on your own here. Enjoy talking about the Lakers.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

I've been doing some reading on possible Lakers coaches, and came across Ettore Messina.

He seems like he'd be excellent...although he's only been a HC in Europe: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ettore_Messina

He's very respected, and it would be a "fresh start" without hiring a has been or another assistant.

They probably won't go that way, but if they did, I'd be for it.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• sandiego17
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

"Clippers apologists?"

What are Clippers fans supposed to be apologizing for, exactly? Rooting for their team? Remaining loyal through some really dark times? Supporting the team when it has a modicum of success?

This whole...whatever it is you guys are doing...is emotionally driven and intellectually barren. It's really pretty sad. You're all on your own here. Enjoy talking about the Lakers.
                Exactly? Your "reasons". Just accept the fact that your franchise was gifted Paul after Stern did the unthinkable. The Lakers make their deals on their own, other teams are jealous and cry foul when there is none. The Clippers get their best player through Stern's handiwork but nobody cares because, well, they're the Clippers. Hell, even Celtic fans cringed at Stern's action. Can you imagine if a Clipper deal was nixed by Stern and the Lakers got Paul? Be honest.

Again, I re-read most of this tripe, and you are most definitely attempting to "stoke the fire" or however you put it, you posted a box score of a bad loss and expect civil discourse? You do that, and I'll normally reply in kind. I do agree that it is emotionally driven and most definitely intellectually barren, maybe LP work. Remember when Wiggins sucked and shouldn't declare this year because of the slim possibility that the Lakers might have a shot at him. That was non-emotional, rational talk, right?

Clipper fans are stoked that they're better than the Lakers, however short lived that may be, and I agree, its a hell of an accomplishment for the Clippers. Have fun with it, enjoy it. Paul deserves to play in June, he definitely would have if he were a Laker. Lets see if he gets there with the other LA team.
                Last edited by sandiego17; 05-13-2014, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Guys, please stop arguing. Basketball doesn't matter.

Comment

• sandiego17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                    Guys, please stop arguing. Basketball doesn't matter.
                    Great point, its just going through the motions without the Lakers.

Comment

• floydefisher
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • siberiacuse, ny
                      • Send PM

"Shrewd dealing."

There was a reason that deal was nullified.
                      Yeah, it was called David Stern wanted someone other than the Lakers landing him.

He simply didn't want the rich getting richer.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Big Bear
                        • Self-employed property manager.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                        Exactly? Your "reasons". Just accept the fact that your franchise was gifted Paul after Stern did the unthinkable. The Lakers make their deals on their own, other teams are jealous and cry foul when there is none.
                        Admittedly, I don't follow the NBA because it blows goats, but didn't former Laker Jerry West just hand Pau Gasol to the Lakers for nothing?

Comment

• sandiego17
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Savage Lizard View Post
                          Admittedly, I don't follow the NBA because it blows goats, but didn't former Laker Jerry West just hand Pau Gasol to the Lakers for nothing?
                          Marc gasol might not appreciate that. He's 1000 times better than anything the clippers gave up for Paul. Still, that was two teams, no commissioner bs. Butthurt fans of other teams, like bill Simmons, were just jealous.
                          Last edited by sandiego17; 05-14-2014, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X