• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randle gone, Rondo in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      Randle gone, Rondo in.
      And Lance Stephenson, and JaVale McGee.

Rondo and Stephenson don't like James, and McGee is considered a boneheaded basketball player.

Great, now they have a flammable locker room, and a not so smart big man complementing James.

What....the.....hell?
      sigpic

Comment

• Now, let's add to that...seems Dwight Howard wants to rejoin the Lakers.

Wonder what LABron thinks about that?!?! He already asked for Stephenson, and Rondo....does he also want Howard?

Weird way to build a championship team.
        sigpic

Comment

• F Howard. Maybe the worst free agent pickup ever by the Lakers.

Comment

• Howard was a trade. (that cost them dearly) That didn't pay off. Guy just has a bad personality.

I agree that these signings don't seem real inspiring... Rondo, Stephenson, McGee, and KCP. (I don't mind KCP, but not at that price)

But they are all 1 year deals. Which makes me think the Kawhi thing isn't dead yet. Plus, KCP, Rondo, and Stephenson are all decent 2 way players, that do a little bit of everything.
            Unfortunately, shooting from deep is not their strength, except KCP about every 3rd game.

I went over this in my head yesterday a bit while running:
            Depth Chart as currently constructed:
            PG: Lonzo, Rondo
            SG: KCP, Stephenson, Hart
            SF: LeBron, Ingram, Mykhailiuk
            PF: Kuzma, Wagner
            C: McGee, Zubac

Alot of "interchangeable" players that can play 1,2,3 or 2,3,4... and Wagner can play the 5 as well.... Which is nice for defense and the running game.

But a complete lack of shooting. Which is death in the current NBA. (and for intents and purposes, the future of the NBA)

The 2 rookies are probably the 2 best 3 point shooters on the team... Hopefully this team can defend, because offense could be hard to find.
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              oneinchpunch commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like they want to rough up the other team and get in their heads. But a serious lack of shooting from the perimeter. The KCP signing makes sense based on his agent but it doesnt help in trying to trade for Kawhi.

• Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            Randle gone, Rondo in.
            Randle was my favorite player last season
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Dwight Howard has finalized a buyout with the Brooklyn Nets and will sign a 1-year deal for the tax MLE with the Washington Wizards once he clears waivers, league sources tell The Athletic.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Why would LA trade for Leonard, when they can wait a year and sign him via free agency for a lot cheaper?

Right now, the Spurs want 3 players, 2 first round draft picks, and two draft swaps.

I don't care if GS somehow invented a time machine, and got Wilt Chamberlain from the 1960's to play for them...there isn't enough crack in LA to make that move.
                sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  oneinchpunch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Why would LA trade for Indiana Pacer Paul George, when they can wait a year and sign him via free agency for a lot cheaper?

• Even though I hate the Clippers, always have, sadly this will be the final season with Ralph Lawler being the Clippers voice. Hes been the Clips broadcaster for 40 years and will be missed when he retires at the end of the season.

oh me oh my, best of luck Ralph.
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                X