First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Let him take the Dodgers offer. Let's see how Puig responds getting bounced from the 2 spot to the 6 spot to cleanup on a daily basis.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

But to the point, maybe that's why Black turned down the Nats, maybe he has a track to the Dodgers job. Not sure why they'd want Black, it's not like he accomplished anything here after 8 1/2 seasons.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

It's just more likely that he'll have more chances to throw shade on the Padres in the division, than out of it. In hindsight, the non-commitment to Bochy and his leaving would be less painful if Bochy did well in the AL East. Preller now has his own choice in place for a full pre-season and going forward, so it's now on him.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

How about this for throwing shade on the Padres: Dennis Lin, the Padres beat writer on the SDUT, says not only is Bud Black a strong managerial candidate for the Dodgers, but so is Doc Roberts. He added that Preller decided not to interview Roberts for the job because Preller felt "he knew what he already had" in regards to Roberts' managerial abilities. I hope Preller is right. So far nearly all of his moves have not panned out.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Looks like Dave Roberts is gonna be hired as the Dodgers new manager. Great. Just great. We're gonna regret letting him get away.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I heard that Buddy is now in the front office for the Angels.

I'm not sure why Preller didn't even give Roberts a whole week to show himself as an interim, but it was obvious that Doc wasn't his guy when they tried out Murphy. Doc will be fine, because he has the money backing his team, but to me the Dodgers took a meh route.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Doc comes across as a passionate, knowledgeable winner. I disagree with the "meh" label, if anything he has charisma and is a natural leader. We shall see. I wanted to see him get his shot here. I hope it isn't another Bochy situation where we're watching "our guy" do well with our rivals.

Color me unimpressed after one full year of Preller. He massively shot his wad and he ended up having to rebuild anyway.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

But hey, I hear new uniforms are on the horizon!

Comment

Working...
                  X