• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    Wait, old Edwin Jackson is starting games for us?

Jeez.

Forget about .500 dude.
    He had a nono for six innings in his Padres debut last week.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I read that Dickerson hurt his hip tonight.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Pads win on a walkoff HR by Adam Rosales. Too bad the streak was broken.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

[QUOTE=Boltjolt;216346]Trading four staying pitchers and getting A league pitchers in return is awesome. Lol. The pitching was weak already. Now it stinks.[/QUOT

Spare parts for real major league teams. Were you really looking forward to Cashner, Rea and Pomeranz being cornerstones of a Padres World Series march?

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            Get ready for a100 loses season. The pitching staff is all minor leaguers now. And Norris can't hit for shit.
            Oh no!

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Awesome.

Some within baseball are questioning whether the Padres properly shared medical information during trade talks, and MLB might need more specific rules as a result.

Comment

We aren't winners, but we sure are exciting. We just stole home again.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

So we lose with flair. I guess that counts for something but 100 loses will still be 100 embarrassing loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    So we lose with flair. I guess that counts for something but 100 loses will still be 100 embarrassing loses.
                    Rooting for fewer than 100 losses gives me a reason to keep watching. Right now, we're on pace to lose 91 and we haven't really been worse since the fire sale started. We're 5-5 in the last 10 and still not in last. And, next year, we'll still be in San Diego.

Baseball, in general, is a boring sport. It's just an excuse to drink overpriced beer and luke-warm hot dogs. Unless my team is going to win the World Series (which is only going to happen for one team this year), I'd rather watch a loser that steals home multiple times and hits home runs than some 80-win second-place finisher with an outside shot of being eliminated in the wild-card round.

By the way, what the fuck is this wild-card shit? If you can't win your division after 162 games, you are clearly not the best and shouldn't be competing for a championship. Baseball is boring, but the one thing it has got over the NFL is that it sticks to tradition. After 162 games, you're either the winner or you go home. You shouldn't get a second chance just because you were a really-good second-place team.
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-11-2016, 02:59 AM.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by B.V.W.S.B.GM View Post
                      We aren't winners, but we sure are exciting. We just stole home again.

i love watching Jankowski. Dude can run down fly balls like no one else and create havoc on the bases. And he can bunt! If he can stay healthy I really don't see why he isn't our starting CFer for the next five seasons at least. I'm not sure where Dickerson, Margot, and Renfroe play however.
                      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                        i love watching Jankowski. Dude can run down fly balls like no one else and create havoc on the bases. And he can bunt! If he can stay healthy I really don't see why he isn't our starting CFer for the next five seasons at least. I'm not sure where Dickerson, Margot, and Renfroe play however.
                        Yes. I was microscopically bummed we lost my favorite Pad - B.J. Melvin. But Jankowski seems to add an even higher degree of excitement than Melvin gave us. Jankowski has 25 stolen bases playing part time. Soon, pitchers will have to worry about holding the runner on at 3rd base - he's today's version of Vince Coleman.

And what's up with Schimpf? Is that dude on roids or what? He doesn't often hit the ball, but, when he does, he destroys it. I feel like Kevin Costner should play him in a movie.
                        Last edited by Guest; 08-14-2016, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Margot is tiny so we'll see what they do with him. Somebody will get traded again lol. If schipf can hit 265-270, he will be a good player. Showing some pop but hitting 218 ain't gonna cut it.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍