Creepy.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      Annie Heilbrunn ‏@annieheilbrunn 55 seconds ago

Telesco on Joey Bosa: "He's been the number one guy for awhile, probably since September. It wasn't that hard of a decision for us."
      So last September they believed they would have a shot at the best player in the draft?
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Ryan Kerrigan 4 Years at Purdue.....48 Games(57 TFL, 33 Sacks, 1 Int, 12 FF)

Joey Bosa 3 Years at OSU.....38 Games(51 TFL, 26 Sacks, 1 Int, 5 FF)

Joey probably has better numbers on a team thats harder to dominate because of so many good players. In fact i think Joey saw so much attention that it allowed many others to shine.

I think he makes those around him better.

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          So last September they believed they would have a shot at the best player in the draft?
          I think he meant number 1 overall in the draft (I'm sure they rank everyone) so when presented with the chance, wasn't hard. Hope it works out, need a difference maker.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            Good point. Telesco was probably thinking he'd be picking Bosa for Los Angeles.

Comment

• rikardo
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Buck View Post
              Hey, Bosa was the consensus #1 player when football was actually being played and then the combine happened and we all got enamored over Tunsil, Buckner, and Ramsey.

Don't forget that. I'm hyped.
              This...

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

I just have to see Bosa in action IN THE NFL before I get too excited either way. What Grossman and Sileo said (reportedly) does seem to make sense in that NFL o-linemen are stronger and less liable to fall victim to various hand moves that a sveldt Bosa likes to use. But he is going to be part of a front seven that can probably free him up. At least the potential is there. And if we draft a big DT at pick #2 then we really help him avoid double teams no matter where he plays from. At least it seems to me.

One question for you guys...If Billings is primarily a Nose Tackle then where would Mebane play (or vice versa). Aren't they both NT's? Would we draft Billings with our next pick to rotate?
                Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 04-28-2016, 11:26 PM.
                For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• MakoShark
                  Disgruntled
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Alabama
                  • Send PM

Love the pick. TT's focus on the trenches is right in line with my own thinking. Who's the best Center in the draft? I hope that's a target for round 2.
                  sigpic

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

Kelly was best Center but he went as expected to Indy at 18. Whitehair is supposedly a good C prospect and a bangup Guard. I can see him going. Top TE is still there too and safety could be third option now.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                      Did we win?
                      • Jun 2013
                      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                      Love the pick. TT's focus on the trenches is right in line with my own thinking. Who's the best Center in the draft? I hope that's a target for round 2.
                      Nick Martin is probably the best center and is considered by many to be 1b to Kelly's 1a.
                      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                        I just have to see Bosa in action IN THE NFL before I get too excited either way. What Grossman and Sileo said (reportedly) does seem to make sense in that NFL o-linemen are stronger and less liable to fall victim to various hand moves that a sveldt Bosa likes to use. But he is going to be part of a front seven that can probably free him up. At least the potential is there. And if we draft a big DT at pick #2 then we really help him avoid double teams no matter where he plays from. At least it seems to me.

One question for you guys...If Billings is primarily a Nose Tackle then where would Mebane play (or vice versa). Aren't they both NT's? Would we draft Billings with our next pick to rotate?
                        Alex, I live in Ohio, am big OSU fan, watched Bosa play almost every game. Those two guys are full of crap. I wonder if they even watched Bosa play or if they just looked at his measurables on paper. Or maybe they just hate the Buckeyes and the Big10. Here are the facts:

1. Bosa was double teamed almost every play last season and he STILL made plays. That is why his numbers dipped. That is what happens in the NFL. You don't get one-on-one blocking too much. He is already prepared for it.
                        2. He does not take plays off and he finishes plays. He doesn't miss sacks, he doesn't hit the RB in the backfield and then not wrap up so the guy makes it back to the line.
                        3. Bosa played against some very good OL in the big 10
                        4. Bosa shows up big when it is needed most. He doesn't just feast on a crappy team and have 4 sacks to pad his stats. He can take over situations.
                        5. Bosa is not a stupid surfer-dude, although that might be his persona. He studies and works on his game. And he uses his hands more than any college DE I can remember. I think that is just as important has speed (and he is not slow, either).
                        6. Bosa plays the run extremely well. He is not one dimensional player and he LIKES to play the run.
                        7. Bosa played on a team studded with stars. He was not treated like a prima dona.

This was a great pick.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                          Did we win?
                          • Jun 2013
                          • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                          • Send PM

Bosa is a great football player. Forget all the measurables, the guy just plays football and damnit we need more of those types of guys on our team! He is the kind of guy the Steelers, Ravens and Seahawks have been going to the playoffs and multiple Super Bowls with over the last ten years or so. Line him up and turn him loose...

Great pick.
                          I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Working...
                          X