Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by ratenstein
    I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch or all of them were jerks, and you can find an owner doing way worse things than talking shit, if you read the article I linked to or any of the many other articles about some of the slum lord things Sterling has done. But, as I mentioned in my prior post, Sterling's shit-talking recording went viral and the owners couldn't keep it out of the spotlight, like the way all of his slum lord shit was. The public (including the players) is willfully uninformed. Complex, shading dealings that take up more than a paragraph on yahoo news or facebook, are going to be too much for the average american attention span. But if you have a recording of shit talking and you can throw in a c-grade level reality star, then we'll pay attention to it, and get on our high horses. It's like Trump with all of this Miss Universe idiocy.
    Are you saying Sterling is the next GOP nominee for president?

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Cromartie with the kneel and black power salute, but in London. Honestly, if the local brits will stand for our anthem, why can't he.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420 View Post
        Are you saying Sterling is the next GOP nominee for president?
        I think David Duke would have a problem with that.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Cromartie with the kneel and black power salute, but in London. Honestly, if the local brits will stand for our anthem, why can't he.
          Do many Brits get harassed, arrested, or shot by our government?

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Do many Brits get harassed, arrested, or shot by our government?
            Our government doesn't do that. You can prove that certain individuals break laws set by our government while under color of authority, possibly by bias, but here is no one in government calling for harassment of our citizens.

Honestly, I don't mind the black power salute. I also think the kneeling thing is passe, he just looks like a copycat jerk, but do it here in the USA. I do think that Cromartie had no thought of what he is doing in kneeling, when the Brits are standing, in respect for our country. I wonder if he stood when God Save the Queen was being played... the British are one of the reasons why his family are in the Americas in the first place.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Our government doesn't do that. You can prove that certain individuals break laws set by our government while under color of authority, possibly by bias, but here is no one in government calling for harassment of our citizens.

Honestly, I don't mind the black power salute. I also think the kneeling thing is passe, he just looks like a copycat jerk, but do it here in the USA. I do think that Cromartie had no thought of what he is doing in kneeling, when the Brits are standing, in respect for our country. I wonder if he stood when God Save the Queen was being played... the British are one of the reasons why his family are in the Americas in the first place.
              A. Our government does that. I'm not blaming the poorly trained individuals with balls enough to be cops. I'm blaming the entity that undertrains and underpays our police. I'm blaming the entity that allowed for slavery and then segregation up until about, what, sixty years ago? I still haven't forgiven the Nazi party for what it did to my people, and it's been longer than 60 years. Shit - I still haven't forgiven the Babylonians from thousands of years ago, and I'm not even certain that story is real. I don't blame black people who aren't a fan of our government. Sorry. The USA has been very, very good to me, but not to everybody.

B. Cromartie knows what he's doing. If he's a copycat, what do we call all of us who stand for the National Anthem? I stand for it, but it's not like I thought of that on my own.
              Last edited by Guest; 10-03-2016, 05:31 AM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

No, I do blame the criminals who do criminal activity. Our government is our people. They legislated change that made bad acts crime. Unfortunately we also have bad leaders in the government who thrive on divide and conquer who continue to believe that race is the cause for ills of society, and idiots believe them.

I'm not dismissing history ... bad things happened. Learn from that and move forward.

Oh, and Cromartie is still ignorant ... my opinion.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

No, I do blame the criminals who do criminal activity. Our government is our people. They legislated change that made bad acts crime. Unfortunately we also have bad leaders in the government who thrive on divide and conquer who continue to believe that race is the cause for ills of society, and idiots believe them.

I'm not dismissing history ... bad things happened. Learn from that and move forward.

Oh, and Cromartie is still ignorant ... my opinion.
                  You are dismissing history's impact on the present.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

You are dismissing history's impact on the present.
                    You don't know what I think. You don't know my background or my history. Let's leave it at that.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

You don't know what I think. You don't know my background or my history. Let's leave it at that.
                      I don't, but I read what you wrote. Sorry.

I take it back.
                      Last edited by Guest; 10-03-2016, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X