• Show
Clear All
  • Faded blues
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    Agree 100%.

I don't get it on Pagano. I do see players change. We don't necessarily see better players come in, but it's hard to tell because even ones with talent seem to plateau and just never reach the next level. Ingram and Liuget are a couple examples. But even with the changes in personnel, there are these same nettlesome trends that never get fixed or even improved. QBs of all running abilities seem to elude the grasp of our closing defenders, I think, more than any other team I watch. I get that you need top-flight guys to finish the deal but if we could improve there by 10-15% we'd be looking at a much different situation. I get that tackling is bad league wide. But some teams like Seattle coach the shit out of that and make it a point of difference. This defense always looks best when we're down a bunch or late in the season when it's already over for us. I feel like the last time our D really played a solid game was when we won in Cincy in the playoffs. FFS I just think it's time to go in another direction. This guy's got nine lives and I just watch the same shit every year. Maybe once the reg season starts, it will be different. But then again, I have no choice but to say that even though I hope/say it every year.
    I have seen better fundementals on my
    sons Ayf team comparing tackling skills.

I'm praying that pagano put the scrubs on the roof like in Silicon Valley so he didn't have to waste his time with them. it's
    just that history tells us that we can't stop the run.

I am deeply concerned.

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

Geez folks these were our backup backups! Of course they arent going to play well as a unit. Hell we were going up against two starters in Crapernick and Ponder and Ponder was in the 4th so of course he showed well.

Put our 1st defense in and see how they fare. I thought we looked ok in game 2 and 3 and bear in mind we arent showing any real game planning yet. Give them a chance against KC.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Pagano is a lot better than the last coordinator.
        Barksdale is a lot better than the last right tackle.

The last stats I could find on tackling were from 2 years ago - the Chargers were tied with the Squawks (the NFC Champs) in tackling that year. Pagano was the D coach. With basically the same players, Pagano's D improved almost immediately when he took over. It hasn't improved since then because the players haven't been better, and, last year, with the decline of Weddle, it got worse. People keep bringing up Liuget as a talent, but I don't see how he's anymore "talented" than any other defensive end. He's just a guy that AJ Smith and Telesco fucked up on. I give Smith a little less shit for it because all he did was take a guy that was highly rated coming out of college. Telesco had actually seen this dude suck as a pro and decided to give him a contract extension. ... And, even if Liuget is talented and would somehow be a good player under a different coordinator, he's only one player. Quick - name me the other defensive ends who have played alongside him. Any good ones? A nose tackle before this year? An outside linebacker? An inside linebacker? A safety besides Weddle? A corner besides the games Verrett suited up for? Have any of these dudes who have left our defense improved after working under some other defensive coordinator? Pagano has had dogshit to work with and, with the exception of the first half of last season, has got this unit to add up to more than the sum of its parts. If we switch coordinators, we all just better hope we're not the worst defense in the history of ever.

Clary was horrendous at right tackle. A lot of right tackles are horrendous; that's why they aren't left tackles. Barksdale isn't horrendous. Considering all the other players who play on our offensive line, this isn't the dude to complain about.
        Last edited by Guest; 09-02-2016, 05:53 AM.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
          SLAM DUNK!
          • Jun 2013
          • East County San Diego
          • Bolt fanatic
          • Send PM

Supporting his right to do so doens't mean squat. I don't see anyone saying he should be physically forced to stand or thrown in jail. There is nothing noble in supporting his right to protest. The 49ers could do whatever they want to him but they are cool with it, I don't have a problem with them allowing it. I wouldn't have held it against them one bit if they released him either simply because they didn't want the distraction. Being a distraction is partially what caused Tebow his career and he wasn't doing anything offensive.

I find it offensive that he won't stand. I acknowledge I don't have the right not to be offended. I have heard his reasoning and I don't agree with it. Racist police brutality is not a a policy of this country and even if some of it goes on holding the country responsible to the point you hate your country enough to do this kind of protest is disgusting in my view. I generally support the police and think plenty of police brutality videos don't show the whole story, just the consequences. Sure their are bad shootings and they are a tragedy, but I don't agree in turning them in to a divisive race issue...unless you can show racism you can't assume racism just because the vicitim is a different race. I definitely disagree with sowing hatred against the police and think this is basically what Krapernick is doing, calling attention to himself to say police suck. I think he is an immature misguided spoiled brat douche bag even more so now than when he was just going around flexing his biceps.
          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• KNSD
            Registered Charger Hater
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Man I miss Joe Pascale.
            Prediction:
            Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
            Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
            Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Our defense must have been protesting football last night.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420
                What kind of a douche waits 'til we get the goal line and then benches his best runningback? Norv was that kind of a douche.
                Doesn't that make Mike McNorv a douche also since none of his starting rbs ever play in goal line situations? (Whiz used Ronnie Brown a lot on goal to go plays, and Reich doesn't even bother with running plays)

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                  Doesn't that make Mike McNorv a douche also since none of his starting rbs ever play in goal line situations? (Whiz used Ronnie Brown a lot on goal to go plays, and Reich doesn't even bother with running plays)
                  Do we have a best back?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420 View Post
                    Do we have a best back?
                    If he gets a hole, Gorgon will beast a mothafucka.
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                      If he gets a hole, Gorgon will beast a mothafucka.
                      I think he's going to be great if we don't quit on him like Norv did with Matthews. And the only way that is going to happen is if he stays healthy and stops fumbling.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

I support his right to free speech. And, as with all free speech, I reserve the right to think he's an asshole or not. But I'll take him over David Dukes any day
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I thought of something that might enhance or diminish my argument that we shouldn't blame Pagano for defensive woes.

People keep blaming him for his players not getting better.

Let me ask this. Have any of Pagano's players who have left the Chargers got any better?
                          Last edited by Guest; 09-04-2016, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X