• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

I support Kaepernick's right to express himself in a way that will bring the most visibility to the issue. The thing that I am waiting to see is if he is trying to push the 49ers buttons to get them to release him.

Chip Kelly has already done his bit to distance himself from it by pointing out that Balke has final discision on the roster. The problem with the 49ers is they don't have another viable backup, and they still owe Kaepernick a ton of money, so they don't seem inclinded to release him, which is what makes me think that is what this is really about.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      This thread got lame. lol

I try to understand both sides. Because there's always 2 sides. And its probably why im an Independent. I lean a little right however.

But I just wonder about team rules. Because if im a coach i want all my players standing. And when one sits....how do all the other black players feel? Do they now feel like they are not supportive? Do they feel guilty? Are they thinking about it and what hes doing? Shouldn't they be 100% focused on winning?

Because while it may be good to raise awareness for it...it can also be a distraction for the team and its players right before they go to war on the field. And thats what would concern me as a coach. I want my players....players who make millions....to have their heads in the game. To be talking about the game. Protest after the game. Shit go take action. How about spending some of those millions to help raise awareness?

Focus on the game. I understand the right to protest...but if it in any way causes a team to be distracted then i would not agree with it. And i think you can protest while also showing unity with your teammates prior to battle.

This is an expensive sport. Millions are on the line every week. I want my players focused on the game. Not a protest. I dont even want to witness the game as a fan that will be all about booing and shit talking Kaep while the game is played. Why should he get all the attention at a game?

I respect Kaep for speaking his heart. And for trying to bring awareness for his beliefs. But i almost feel like hes being selfish by being a possible distraction for his team right before they step on the field of battle.

I in no way am saying that im anti protest. And this would apply to protesting anything.
      Good point. I support Kaepernick (spelling?) speaking his mind, but I wouldn't if he were a San Diego Charger.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

From what I have seen, nobody seems to be paying much attention to his message at all and just reacting to the poor mechanism he chose to put it out there.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

I support his right to be a self serving douchebag.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Hard Charger
            Chargers fan since 1977!
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Kaepernick has the right to think, feel and say what ever he wants. He also has the freedom to live some where else... If he don't like it here, no one is making him stay.

HC

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Yeah actually he does have the right to think, feel and say what he wants.......and the freedom to STAY HERE......because you know, freedom, that's how it works
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

And everyone has the right to rip the shit out of him if they disagree with the way he delivered his message.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  And everyone has the right to rip the shit out of him if they disagree with the way he delivered his message.
                  But what if they're not even black?
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by B.V.W.S.B.GM View Post
                    I support what Kapernick (spelling?) is doing. If he feels that strongly about something, as long as he is not calling for violence, then he should do it.
                    I never understood why we sing the national anthem before football games anyway - it has always felt like cheap patriotism to me.
                    Mad respect and sorrow for those who have killed, died, and suffered for this nation - me mangling our national anthem with my nails-on-a-crack-pipe voice does not add on to their greatness. As far as I am concerned, I and most NFL fans are not worthy enough to sing that song. It should be left to the military.
                    agree
                    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                      Wat?

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                        What if they are?

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          I support Kaepernick's right to express himself in a way that will bring the most visibility to the issue. The thing that I am waiting to see is if he is trying to push the 49ers buttons to get them to release him.

Chip Kelly has already done his bit to distance himself from it by pointing out that Balke has final discision on the roster. The problem with the 49ers is they don't have another viable backup, and they still owe Kaepernick a ton of money, so they don't seem inclinded to release him, which is what makes me think that is what this is really about.
                          There is plenty of visibility on this issue already. Don't need a spoiled millionaire, who lives in the greatest country in the world, was adopted and loved by people of a different race, and who has benefited from the freedoms and opportunities this country offers to EVERYONE to tell us about the issue.

I would have far, far more respect for Kapernick if he used his money, fame, position and gifts to get directly involved in solutions for those who are suffering as opposed to just telling us about the problem (that we all know about already).

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X