• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    And thats fine and we do need a return man but you said it at the start of your mock. We lost games on the lines. Our OGs suck and this is a strong class. I dont see where a 7th round OT is going to help anytime soon after getting one in the second. Id rather have an OG early and get a return guy later. Tuerk may or may not be ready to go start which moves Slausen to one OG spot but Franklin is shit and Fluker aint much better. In a strong OG class when ours suck, you have to get one and not miss out like we did on the strong WR class which is biting us in the ass.
    I absolutely understand your concern. And skipping an OG early in the draft was something I thought about a lot. As was taking a tackle versus a guard. I took the OT late as a development project because I like his feet, his height and his arm length. The Bolts need to have tackles with OLT feet at both tackle spots to deal with speed rushers on both ends of the line.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

7 picks, probably 12 holes. If we could get 3 picks for our #1, I'd have to seriously consider it. A 1st, 2nd and 2nd next year would be tempting. Trade next year's 2nd for a 3rd this year. Hopefully get Ramczyk later in 1st.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Dane Brugler has seen the light and is now mocking Thomas to the Bolts.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock answered questions about the 2017 NFL Draft for more than two hours on a teleconference Monday, and suggested various prospects as strong potential fits for a number of NFL clubs. College Football 24/7 compiled a quick look at some of the connections Mayock made between a dozen clubs and their potential draftees.

Los Angeles Chargers

Ohio State safety Malik Hooker "fits the Chargers like a glove," Mayock said. And with the No. 7 overall pick, either Hooker or LSU safety Jamal Adams would represent good value for the club at a position of need. Mayock noted that both the New York Jets (No. 6) and the Chargers need help on the offensive line, but there isn't an offensive lineman who would represent good value for either club that early in the draft.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

D'Onta Foreman visits with Broncos, Chargers at NFL Combine
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

San Diego Chargers
              Antony Auclair, TE, Laval (EW)
              Erik Austell, OT, Charleston Southern (EW)
              Zach Banner, OT, USC (SR)
              Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio (SR)
              Chunky Clements, DT/3-4DE, Illinois (EW)
              Marcus Cox, RB, Appalachian State (EW)
              Dion Dawkins, OT, Temple (SR)
              Jaleel Johnson, DT/3-4DE/NT, Iowa (SR)
              John Johnson, S, Boston College (SR)
              Forrest Lamp, OT/G, Western Kentucky (SR)
              Jonathan McLaughlin, OT, Virginia Tech (EW)
              Taylor McNamara, TE, USC (EW)
              Avery Moss, DE, Youngstown State (EW)
              Storm Norton, OT, Toledo (EW)
              Dare Ogunbowale, RB, Wisconsin (EW)
              James Onwualu, OLB, Notre Dame (EW)
              Ethan Pocic, G/C, LSU (SR)
              Jalen Robinette, WR, Air Force (SR)
              Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech (SR)
              Jordan Sterns, S, Oklahoma State (SR)
              Channing Stribling, CB, Michigan (EW)
              Trent Taylor, WR, Louisiana Tech (SR)
              Sam Tevi, OT, Utah (EW)
              Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado (EW)
              Dalvin Tomlinson, DT/NT, Alabama (SR)
              Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, DT, USC (SR)
              Eddie Vanderdoes, DT/3-4DE/NT, UCLA (SR)
              Jordan Willis, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Kansas State (SR)
              Deatrich Wise Jr., DE/3-4OLB, Arkansas (EW)
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

. Antony Auclair, a tight end with Vanier Cup-champion Laval, will suit up for the East squad headed up by Brentson Buckner, an Arizona Cardinals assistant coach.

The six-foot-six, 254-pound Auclair, of Notre-Dame-des-Pins, Que., is the second-ranked prospect for this year's CFL draft
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Report: Browns considering Mitch Trubisky with No. 1 pick
                  Posted by Zac Jackson on March 2, 2017, 4:27 PM EST
                  CHAPEL HILL, NC - SEPTEMBER 24: Mitch Trubisky #10 of the North Carolina Tar Heels drops back to pass against the Pittsburgh Panthers during their game at Kenan Stadium on September 24, 2016 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images) Getty Images

The Browns are “strongly considering” taking former North Carolina quarterback Mitch Trubisky with the No. 1 overall pick in this year’s draft, Cleveland.com reported Thursday.

Trubisky grew up in the Cleveland area and is one of the top quarterbacks in this year’s draft class. He gave up his final college season to enter this year’s draft despite being North Carolina’s starter for just one season.

Trubisky measuring in at a shade over 6-foot-2 on Thursday was news for a couple of reasons. Browns Coach Hue Jackson said in his Thursday talk with reporters at the NFL Scouting Combine that he believes being 6-foot-2 is an important threshold for NFL quarterbacks, and earlier in the week NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said he had heard whispers that Trubisky would be closer to 6-foot-1 than Trubisky’s listed height of 6-foot-3 at North Carolina.

Jackson told reporters the Browns haven’t finalized any decisions or their rankings of this year’s quarterbacks.

“Obviously [Trubisky] is a tremendous player,” Jackson said Thursday. “There are a lot of good players in this draft. It’s just so early for us to determine exactly where we are. All those things will be discussed and thrown around as we continue to move forward.”

Jackson said he’s aware that Trubisky has been quoted as saying he’d love to play for the Browns and said his hometown roots will be discussed when the Browns meet with Trubisky throughout the process.

“Some guys play better when they’re at home, some guys don’t,” Jackson said. “We’d have to know all those things. And we’ll do the digging on all these guys that way.”
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

SF wants a qb at 2 and Chicago has to have a qb at 3.

I read rumors last month about the 1st 3 picks being QBs. And there's more press about the QBs right now than anyone else. So I don't discount it from happening.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Rugger05
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I stand by my statement earlier that 3 QB's will go in the top 10. I think at least 2 get taken before the Chargers are on the clock.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Absolutely 2 will be gone because Chicago has to roll the dice.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

This is the worst case scenario

Bucky Brooks mock draft 2.0: Year of the quarterback slide?

By Bucky Brooks
                          NFL Media analyst
                          Published: March 2, 2017 at 08:32 a.m.
                          Updated: March 3, 2017 at 01:11 p.m.
                          0 Likes | 0 Comments

My first mock draft of 2017 came right after the conclusion of the Senior Bowl, which helped solidify, in my mind at least, the first-round statuses of a few players, like LSU CB Tre'Davious White, Alabama TE O.J. Howard and Temple pass rusher Haason Reddick.

While not a whole lot has transpired since then, you'll notice player movement from my first mock to this one, including the absence of a quarterback in the top half of the first round. That's because I've had a chance to watch a lot more tape on this draft class and also speak to many within the league to get a better understanding of where the prospects are starting to slot onto draft boards.

With that said, we are entering a two-week period with two events that might have the biggest impact on the first round. The NFL Scouting Combine and free agency will further re-shape how the first 32 picks of the draft could unfold. For now, this is how I see it.

RANK

BROWNS

Myles Garrett - DE, Texas A&M: Browns opt for the best player available instead of reaching for a QB at the top of the draft. Garrett gives them a Julius Peppers-like edge rusher to build around.

RANK

49ERS

Malik Hooker - S, Ohio State: John Lynch resists the temptation to reach on a QB to select a dynamic centerfielder with outstanding instincts and ball skills.

RANK

BEARS

Jamal Adams - S, LSU: Adams is exactly what the Bears need between the hashes -- a "pack leader" with a versatile game and a knack for playmaking.

RANK

JAGUARS

Solomon Thomas - DE, Stanford: Tom Coughlin puts his personal touch on the Jaguars' transformation with the selection of Thomas. The ultra-athletic defender checks off all of the boxes (smart, tough, fast) on Coughlin's character sheet.

RANK

TITANS

Marshon Lattimore - CB, Ohio State: The Titans need a legitimate CB1 to hold up in a division with a number of speedy pass catchers on the perimeter.

RANK

JETS

Jonathan Allen - DT, Alabama: Allen might not make sense on paper but his arrival could allow the Jets to trade Sheldon Richardson to acquire more playmakers on both sides of the ball.

RANK

CHARGERS

Jabrill Peppers - S, Michigan: The Michigan standout would add some juice to the Chargers' secondary as a versatile playmaker. He will remind Chargers' fans of four-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle.

RANK

PANTHERS

Derek Barnett - DE, Tennessee: Despite ranking near the top of the charts in sacks, the Panthers need a legitimate pass rusher off the edge to alleviate some of the stress on the back end. Barnett might be the best pure pass-rushing threat in the 2017 class.

RANK

BENGALS

Corey Davis - WR, Western Michigan: Finding a playmaker opposite A.J. Green should be a priority for the Bengals. Davis is an ideal WR2 with the size and route running skills to destroy cornerbacks on the backside.

RANK

BILLS

Sidney Jones - CB, Washington: With Stephon Gilmore set to depart as a free agent, the Bills could turn their attention toward finding an ideal CB1. Jones is the cleanest cover corner in this draft.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞