• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
    I'm assuming we're going to be picking in the 10-15 range so tried to set my wish list to that range. Looking at next year I think our biggest need once we get people back from injuries is at S, luckily that's a position of strength in this draft. In the first I would love a guy like Adams or Desmond King. King plays CB at Iowa but doesn't have the top end speed to be an elite cover CB in the NFL. However he has outstanding instincts, is great at attacking the ball while it's in the air, has pretty good hands, is a very sure tackler, has experience as a returner, and takes really good angles on tackles. He's usually best when the play is in front of him so putting him at FS/Nickle CB would really maximize his skill set (think a less aggressive Mathieu). Adams is more of a SS type obviously and as such is more of an in-the-box presence than King but still can cover pretty well and is more of a vocal leader than King.

In the second I think we can add a quality OLB prospect such as Ryan Anderson of Bama or Takkarist McKinley of UCLA. Jerry has been a huge disappointment this year and Emanuel should be relegated to a backup. McKinley is the more athletically gifted of the two and may fly up draft boards after the combine because of it but his game needs a lot more work. Anderson has been outstanding, like pretty much every other player on Bama's defense this year, and really beat up on USC's Banner (one of the better OT prospects in the country) to start the year. Better against the run than McKinley but not as explosive of a pass rusher. He may be the better compliment to Ingram.

In the third I would really love to add an offensive playmaker. If Samuel is still on the board he definitely deserves mention but I think he'll go mid- to late-2nd. Cooper Kupp or Darren Carrington are both guys that can line up inside or outside and can run the whole route tree. Kupp comes from FCS, but absolutely dominated at that level. He lacks top-end speed but is very sure handed and isn't afraid to run over the middle. He's one of those guys that can really gain a QB's trust and become a security blanket. Carrington is the more explosive athlete and has the size and speed to really stretch the field. He also has experience returning kicks and punts.

Haven't done enough research to go further in the draft right now but that's how I'd like to see it play out.
    Wait, Darren Carrington has a son?

Comment

• madcaplaughs
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Taco Charlton - given, or nickname?

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

First round we need either OL, S, CB, don't reach get best player available.

I guess the Chargers knew what they were doing going for the best player available in last year draft. The thought was we need help at CB and S so pencil in Jalen Ramsey who was available, and a need, but best player available Joey Bosa, and Bosa missed the first 4 games of the season and who the hell is Jalen Ramsey any way!
        Last edited by OhioBolt; 11-16-2016, 09:18 AM.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
          First round we need either OL, S, CB, don't reach get best player available.

I guess the Chargers new what they were doing going for the best player available in last year draft. The thought was we need help at CB and S so pencil in Jalen Ramsey who was available, and a need, but best player available Joey Bosa, and Bosa missed the first 4 games of the season and who the hell is Jalen Ramsey any way!
          ESPN picked Ramsey as defensive rookie of the year in their midseason awards for what that's worth.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            ESPN picked Ramsey as defensive rookie of the year in their midseason awards for what that's worth.
            Unless Ramsey is a shutdown corner which I did see when we played them and Rivers had 4TD three of them to the wide recievers

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
              Unless Ramsey is a shutdown corner which I did see when we played them and Rivers had 4TD three of them to the wide recievers
              I dunno, I don't really follow Ramsey but I was surprised to read that. The article did say that Bosa hurt himself with his holdout, otherwise he might be the mid season DROY.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

IMO, a dominant DL is more valuable than a shut down corner. I think a dominant lineman can help cover up the weaknesses of the secondary but the secondary can't really make up for the weaknesses of the DL.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I like the Bosa pick better than Ramsey too.

Comment

• Faded blues
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2013
                    • Send PM

I think the chargers should do an all Aztec draft!

Munson
                    Kazee
                    Pumphrey
                    And

Guerrero

Serious note

Kazee Munson and pumphrey have outside shots at being all Americans

End of my fluffer statement.

Carry on

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                      I think the chargers should do an all Aztec draft!

Munson
                      Kazee
                      Pumphrey
                      And

Guerrero

Serious note

Kazee Munson and pumphrey have outside shots at being all Americans

End of my fluffer statement.

Carry on
                      Looks pretty good to me!! What about Rashard Penny?
                      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• MakoShark
                        Disgruntled
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Alabama
                        • Send PM

Anybody ever considered a road trip to the combine?
                        sigpic

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
                          Looks pretty good to me!! What about Rashard Penny?
                          He's a junior...I doubt that he'll come out unless he is assessed as a high draft pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X