• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

WalterFootball's Charlie Campbell reports that the Jets and Browns have discussed a trade scenario that would allow Cleveland to move from No. 12 to No. 6 to take a quarterback.

Cleveland would presumably be targeting North Carolina quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. If Trubisky goes in the top-three, Cleveland may still be motivated to leap ahead of Buffalo to take Clemson's Deshaun Watson. Because Cleveland's interest is prospect-specific, Campbell doesn't believe a trade would be consummated until the Jets are on the clock. To drop six slots in Round 1, the Jets are reportedly asking for the No. 33 overall pick (second round) and the No. 108 overall pick (fourth round). In turn, Cleveland is reportedly offering its other second-round pick, No. 52 overall, along with the No. 145 pick (fifth round).

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

And that would be how we trade down: if the first QB goes at 6, guessing there'll be a bum rush for Watson.

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
        • Send PM

Let the dealing begin. Come on down to Tommy T's QB's and Title Pawn

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

I think Mixon has a legit chance to be a Bolt.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            I think Mixon has a legit chance to be a Bolt.
            If this is true then Gordon must have lasting injury issues we don't know about. Could his microfracture surgery be catching up with him? Is he facing suspension for roids?

I think something is up.
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
              If this is true then Gordon must have lasting injury issues we don't know about. Could his microfracture surgery be catching up with him? Is he facing suspension for roids?

I think something is up.
              I dont think a RB in the 3rd or 4th necessarily means that the #1 is an issue. Especially when the coach is most likely aiming to be the top rushing team in the league. Thats what Buffalo was last year however they did have a mobile QB.

Still I could see us shooting for 475-500 attempts or close. Stop relying on Rivers to carry us. It also really keeps the D fresh when you can run at will. If you want to keep Gordon fresh you keep him around 16-17 carries a game. Mixon would see around 12. The key is not skipping a beat when Gordon comes out. Im simply not an Oliver fan despite him being a fan favorite. Hes a decent 3rd down back but imo Williams is probably better suited for early down work.

The problem is the OL. Clearly we need to upgrade the interior blocking in order for this to all work. With that said i just watched a piece on Mixon and it sounds like teams wont hesitate to draft him in the 1st. Where he belongs based on skill. But if for some reason he made it to the 4th it would be a huge value pick. You never know. He may tumble because teams dont want the negative PR. But what better way to attract LA fans than to draft a thug? lol

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Yeah, with LT in his prime, Sproles was a 4th rounder, Turner a 5th. Hopefully no big deal.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Guys, is there a thread buried somewhere that lists our Chargers Day One prediction?
                  Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 04-20-2017, 05:16 AM.
                  For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
                    Guys, is there a thread buried somewhere that lists our Day One selections for the Chargers? I'm assuming they still have two rounds on Day One.
                    Round 1 on Thursday
                    Rounds 2-3 on Friday
                    Round 4-7 and UDFA Derby on Saturday

I think you may have to google the actual selections. First day used to be on Saturday for 1-3.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

I'm sorry. I meant round one predictions for the Chargers pick.
                      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
                        I'm sorry. I meant round one predictions for the Chargers pick.
                        Oh!

Since it is an entire forum, maybe it's time for a prediction thread!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          I dont think a RB in the 3rd or 4th necessarily means that the #1 is an issue. Especially when the coach is most likely aiming to be the top rushing team in the league. Thats what Buffalo was last year however they did have a mobile QB.

Still I could see us shooting for 475-500 attempts or close. Stop relying on Rivers to carry us. It also really keeps the D fresh when you can run at will. If you want to keep Gordon fresh you keep him around 16-17 carries a game. Mixon would see around 12. The key is not skipping a beat when Gordon comes out. Im simply not an Oliver fan despite him being a fan favorite. Hes a decent 3rd down back but imo Williams is probably better suited for early down work.

The problem is the OL. Clearly we need to upgrade the interior blocking in order for this to all work. With that said i just watched a piece on Mixon and it sounds like teams wont hesitate to draft him in the 1st. Where he belongs based on skill. But if for some reason he made it to the 4th it would be a huge value pick. You never know. He may tumble because teams dont want the negative PR. But what better way to attract LA fans than to draft a thug? lol
                          I get that however I have herd tail Mixon is still going to go in the first or second round. If that's the case I'm agian the pick unless something is up with Gotdon
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X