Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Tokyo, Japan
    • University English Lecturer
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    You now own this city.

Do something with the opportunity.
    I know we probably disagree, but I really like the direction they're heading. They've made a lot of really good moves, and they've got an owner who doesn't mind spending money, and he has the money to spend. We've got a small budget this year, but the majority of our players are young, and it's the time to find out if they can play at this level or not. There wasn't really any starting pitching to be had in FA, and I wouldn't have paid for it either, because we're still trying to find out how the kids are going to work out. I say give it another two to three years, and the kids in the lower minors will be ready to move up and the current group will either be playing well or will have been sent packing.

I really like Preller, and I like Seidler as well. I think he has a true plan for the team, and he's like the Wizard of Oz sitting behind the screen pulling all the right levers. I could be wrong. I've been wrong about this team before, but I really like the recent moves.

Comment

• HoneDogNoglet
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

im good with playing kids, wish we had a staff that gave fans a little hope. always preferred baseball and wanted this team to win more than the one that left.

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Padres are probably....10 years away.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

I like the direction the team is headed also. But the players are so young it's going to take years before we see anything worthwhile. And who knows if injuries take over our better arms. But at least Preller is building up our chances with hordes of young and talented pitchers. I'm guessing he'll add another stud in this years draft. We have the 3rd pick so we're likely to get someone similar to Cal Quantrill's talent - this year. Quantrill only fell to us by virtue of having had TJ surgery. I would be happy with another top of the line SP. This time without the TJ surgery.

I think we're more like four or five years away. Basically whenever we get these three starting pitchers in San Diego - Adrian Morejon, Anderson Espinoza, and Cal Quantrill. That's when our chances of contending go way up. But other SP's like Paddack, Lamet, Nix, De Los Santos, Lauer, Lawson, Wingenter, Thompson, Lucchesi, and Dallas can also be difference makers. There are a few others I can't think of at the moment but we definitely have some talent at starting pitcher...at least in the minor leagues. I mean big time talent.
          Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 01-23-2017, 04:44 AM.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Holy shit, Alex is back! Good to see you, we were hoping you were ok.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

I couldn't get back in! And the football team news was (IS) so damn depressing so I wasn't sweating it as much as usual.

FLEET has this place more secured than Ft Knox. ha

I love you, Fender...platonically!!!!
              Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 01-23-2017, 05:24 AM.
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Working...
              X