• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

So I Understand That Multiple Forums Is Most Likely An Issue

We have been a "one forum" place for many years. When we first started up we added just a couple other forums for off topic and news etc. But now i am in a situation where members are split. And will not post in the main forum as it is a place to support the Chargers. Some members will become fans of other teams. We are a forum divided. And in order for me to make an attempt to keep this community together as much as possible i have created Support and "No Support" forums for the Chargers. I have created a forum for NFL Discussion. I also have created an Aztec forum for those who will only support them going forward. I needed to make this place all inclusive.

I know many of you will not like it at first. And yes it will make the main forum look dead or less busy. Thats just the way it has to be imo. I think many will learn to go to the main index and enter forums that way. Or simply use the "New Post" feature and save that as your new bookmark. That way you are always seeing an active up to date all in one forum.

So with that i have added a new draft forum. Instead of just lumping everything into one thread we will now have a place where we can discuss individual prospects as well as anything related to the draft. We will still keep the Chargers specific draft thread pinned in the main forum. But for just a more in depth draft discussion we wanted to add a separate forum to do that. Many of us are draftniks and i think that one main thread in the main forum is sort of weak and keeps us from having a more in depth discussion about players.

Cheers
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Sounds fine to me. I plan on still following the chargers and participating here on those discussions.

Comment

• vinabolt
      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
      • Feb 2015
      • Send PM

I visited the hater forum once and done for good, reading those topics hurt my eyes. But the thing is the haters that's no longer a Chargers fans probably won't stay in their place and will keep go to the "Support" forums and post negative, destructive stuff about the Chargers. Promoting to kill off the Chargers or to trade Rivers away or happy with whatever negative with this team, or wish for the failure of the team and Lynn and the players and coaches etc.. I think this will cause problems down the road.

Right now it's easier to put up with it because of the understanding that they're hurting right now. But over time it's going to be problems and there will be some big fights going on between Chargers fans and Chargers haters, if the non-support haters just go to the Support forums and trolling around.
      Last edited by vinabolt; 01-17-2017, 02:02 PM.
      Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
        I visited the hater forum once and done for good, reading those topics hurt my eyes. But the thing is the haters that's no longer a Chargers fans probably won't stay in their place and will keep go to the "Support" forums and post negative, destructive stuff about the Chargers. Promoting to kill off the Chargers or to trade Rivers away or happy with whatever negative with this team, or wish for the failure of the team and Lynn and the players and coaches etc.. I think this will cause problems down the road.

Right now it's easier to put up with it because of the understanding that they're hurting right now. But over time it's going to be problems and there will be some big fights going on between Chargers fans and Chargers haters.
        I think you may be newer. This community has been together for almost 15 years. Maybe longer. I think you may have things wrong. We are a family here. Members are hurt. You are in the Phillipines or some far away land. You dont know us. You have been here a year. You need to stop stating things as facts around here. Dont you worry about how things play out. This forum will be just fine. This is a community of friends first and foremost. Many from the city of SD. And most of us are hurt about this. You make it sound like we are making a big deal about nothing. I think you need to learn to appreciate this community for how long we have been together. I got the back of everyone here.

Comment

• KNSD
          Registered Charger Hater
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Longer than 15 years. And the multiple forums has been a great way to let off some steam without completely trashing these forums. Thanks Fleet!
          Prediction:
          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Thank you Fleet for everything. You've made the best of a situation out of your (and our) control. Thanks brother.

Comment

• vinabolt
              Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
              • Feb 2015
              • Send PM

IMO, I just feel that there are just so much negative going on right now when talks about the Chargers. I can feel the hatred, the negativity, the wishful for the team to failed and failed miserably in LA. It's really a new experience for me here because I was lurking round here for 2 years and we support the same team. And it's no longer the case.

I'm not saying the forums is bad or anything. Just for me, the enjoyable experience is not there anymore. It best for me to find a different forums that show more support of the team and a more positive atmosphere.

Thanks Fleet for your building of this great forums for many years. You and Steve and coachmarcos and some guys here are the main reasons that I joined the forums. I like most of your takes. See you around man.
              Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Good luck finding a Chargers forum that doesnt have people speaking negatively about the team.
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Take care man. You do what you gotta do.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    Good luck finding a Chargers forum that doesnt have people speaking negatively about the team.
                    Shhhhh

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

I think the expanded focus on the draft is exactly what we need for a stronger board.
                      Always go with your best strengths Fleet.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Did Vina just Spanos out of here?
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X