Hoffman misses...

Hall of Fame, by 5 votes. Oh well.
  • RobH
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Tokyo, Japan
    • University English Lecturer
    • Send PM

Kind of hard to believe that he didn't make it, but sportswriters are a bunch of little people with little souls. I would hope that he'll make it within the next three years, when the little people have decided that he's earned his place there by being a good boy and not saying any thing negative and saying all the right things.

I bet a $100 bucks Rivera gets in on the first vote. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, because he does, but Hoffmann was the same calibre pitcher in my mind.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I think Rivera is a first ballot as well, but it will certainly test those who will not vote a closer at all costs. Trevor will get in, there was only one guy who got 70% or better who didn't get in during eligiblity, and that guy got in via the veterans committee anyway (Jim Bunning).

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Rivera deserves to get in on the first ballot, he's the best reliever ever who was a proven commodity in clutch situations. I expect Hoffy to get in next year but with both Bonds and Clemons inching closer, it might affect the votes Hoffy would get.

Comment

• Savage Lizard
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Big Bear
          • Self-employed property manager.
          • Send PM

Rivera was the best, no question. But Hoffman wasn't far off. Rivera was a Yankee, Hoffman a Padre, so they will be viewed differently.

Comment

Working...
          X