• Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    They will if they win. LA is a fickle town and the Clippers draw well after years of being the worst team in the league.
    Look at the history under the Spanos family. 10 winning seasons in 30+ years.

They don't care about winning and that's why they don't spend money outside of what they have to and cut corners at every possible instance. They just care about the bottom line and that's not going to cut in LA.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
      Positive remarks belong on the other forum.

It took the clippers 3
      Decades to even sniff good crowds.
      Took em that long to win lol.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• FiftyFive
        Dean Spanos is a traitor!
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

One thing i dont agree with.......Calling the Chargers the JV team to the Rams varsity. The Chargers are a better team than the Rams.
        That's questionable at best on the field, especially with the Rams finally getting the Fisher stench off of them and landing Wade to run their loaded defense. Off the field, it's no contest, the Rams are easily the more popular team and always will be.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
          That's questionable at best on the field, especially with the Rams finally getting the Fisher stench off of them and landing Wade to run their loaded defense. Off the field, it's no contest, the Rams are easily the more popular team and always will be.
          Don't agree. I think the Chargers as a team is much better. Nobody cares about off field comparisons.
          If the Chargers win, they will come, simple as that.
          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
          181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
          225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• KNSD
            Registered Charger Hater
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

They're both poorly run organizations and I'm kind of glad Los Angeles is stuck with both.
            Prediction:
            Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
            Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
            Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Don't agree. I think the Chargers as a team is much better. Nobody cares about off field comparisons.
              If the Chargers win, they will come, simple as that.
              That's not just an "if". That's a very unrealistic "if".

10 winning seasons in 30+ years and half of them was with Rivers (when he was in his prime).

The best thing that can ever happen for that franchise is for Deano to sell the team. And I do believe that is what this move to LA is all about. It's the only thing that makes any remote sense about this whole debacle.

We can only hope that the new owner wants to be the hero that brings the team back to SD.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

UT guy could be right. The Lakers suck and have fans because they have legends they can still sell to non-diehards. The Clippers have only the right now bandwagon, and their games are a place to be. If the Chargers got hot they might be able to capitalize a little on being the it place or team of the moment. Actual Terd and lamb fans of old won't support them, and it's easier to be a casual fan, or supporter of the terds now that they're good and conveniently out of town so all you have to do is get a jersey and say "Raiders, homes", and you're good. Chargers will be practicing for games with a lot of crowd noise being directed at them all year as opponents' fans out-number them at snub hub. Maybe they are just waiting for the old man to kick so they can cash out with a higher franchise value. My only question then is if the Bolts new Ballmer moves them back, tries to go to some place like Anaheim to be the anti-LA team, or just bails on SoCal and re-brands.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by obvious_idiot_bolt View Post
                  UT guy could be right. The Lakers suck and have fans because they have legends they can still sell to non-diehards. The Clippers have only the right now bandwagon, and their games are a place to be. If the Chargers got hot they might be able to capitalize a little on being the it place or team of the moment. Actual Terd and lamb fans of old won't support them, and it's easier to be a casual fan, or supporter of the terds now that they're good and conveniently out of town so all you have to do is get a jersey and say "Raiders, homes", and you're good. Chargers will be practicing for games with a lot of crowd noise being directed at them all year as opponents' fans out-number them at snub hub. Maybe they are just waiting for the old man to kick so they can cash out with a higher franchise value. My only question then is if the Bolts new Ballmer moves them back, tries to go to some place like Anaheim to be the anti-LA team, or just bails on SoCal and re-brands.
                  The likely scenario if this comes to pass. Why would someone pay Balmer money and not make LA work?

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                    The likely scenario if this comes to pass. Why would someone pay Balmer money and not make LA work?
                    He may pay to get into the exclusive club of owners, but the new owner may have no choice but to move to make it work.
                    If Chris Paul trade doesn't happen, or better yet, the NBA didn't step in and kill the CP3 deal to the Lakers in the first place, would Ballmer have kept the Clippers in LA, or would he be trying to Bennett his way to another market, like back to Seattle for example? I'm not convinced now that when they don't win with their current line-up and the bandwagon begins to dwindle or die if they blow it up, he won't explore other options like SEA or ANA. This situation could be similar, only there's a Rams already taking up some fan space in addition to the regional lore of the terds. So for a new Chargers owner, he buys no fanbase in LA, has to be a tenant bitchboy in LA like the Spanii. I don't see how that works in the long term.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by obvious_idiot_bolt View Post
                      He may pay to get into the exclusive club of owners, but the new owner may have no choice but to move to make it work.
                      If Chris Paul trade doesn't happen, or better yet, the NBA didn't step in and kill the CP3 deal to the Lakers in the first place, would Ballmer have kept the Clippers in LA, or would he be trying to Bennett his way to another market, like back to Seattle for example? I'm not convinced now that when they don't win with their current line-up and the bandwagon begins to dwindle or die if they blow it up, he won't explore other options like SEA or ANA. This situation could be similar, only there's a Rams already taking up some fan space in addition to the regional lore of the terds. So for a new Chargers owner, he buys no fanbase in LA, has to be a tenant bitchboy in LA like the Spanii. I don't see how that works in the long term.
                      Orange County.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                        Positive remarks belong on the other forum.

It took the clippers 3
                        Decades to even sniff good crowds.
                        Dont tell people how to post. We are all here to have a discussion. Agreement can be boring as hell

Time to FU this Spanoses
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Faded blues
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                          Dont tell people how to post. We are all here to have a discussion. Agreement can be boring as hell

Time to FU this Spanoses
                          I should have posted my wink emoji.

I was trying to be sarcastic and failed.

Comment

Working...
                          X