• Show
Clear All
  • Wheels
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
    Everyone lectures municipalities about what a great investment NFL Stadiums are yet Sachs and a billionaire investor say NO THANKS....WTF?
    You're just being small minded. Can't get out of the small city mindset. Oh, but the library, what a waste.

Comment

• boldarblood
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
      Fuck those greedy ownners.. they are all the same, they want their brand new stadium to earn more money or simply fuck off city that has supported you for years...

In my mind there is no difference among them, fuck'em all with a cattle prod.

Yep. Spanos is no different than any other owner, they are all goons and greedy AF.

In the last 20 years, 29 teams have received public funding for stadiums. With everyone already proclaiming how cheap Spanos is, and that he is the least rich owner. I am not quite sure why anyone thought Spanos was ever going to pay for it himself. And in all honesty, there is no motivation for Owners to build there own stadiums as long as other cities are willing to fund stadiums.

Spanos was never going to be the one owner to break that tradition. I don't see the motivation for them to pay for it themselves.

And it is absolutely despicable. NFL and owners have enough money to build stadiums on their own. Fans and cities should not have to pay for it. But unfortunately that is the current business model - almost any other owner would have done the same in Spanos shoes.

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post
        Yep. Spanos is no different than any other owner, they are all goons and greedy AF.

In the last 20 years, 29 teams have received public funding for stadiums. With everyone already proclaiming how cheap Spanos is, and that he is the least rich owner. I am not quite sure why anyone thought Spanos was ever going to pay for it himself. And in all honesty, there is no motivation for Owners to build there own stadiums as long as other cities are willing to fund stadiums.

Spanos was never going to be the one owner to break that tradition. I don't see the motivation for them to pay for it themselves.

And it is absolutely despicable. NFL and owners have enough money to build stadiums on their own. Fans and cities should not have to pay for it. But unfortunately that is the current business model - almost any other owner would have done the same in Spanos shoes.
        Thats why I said... "Fuck them all with a cattle prod..."

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

headline should have been "Adelson pulls out of Davis before shooting his wad"
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

LOL....perfect, Force Spani to trade team names, if Spani are sandwiched between San Diego Raiders and LA Rams they will get crushed , with LA Raiders he at least has a fan base and can compete with Kroenke

And the topper, Al Davis's devil spawn saves the San Diego Chargers!!
            What would happen to the LA Span-terds though? Since a turd by any other name stinks as sweet, they'd probably become the popular team in town. Would Kroenke be cool with that, or could he boot out his tenant even if he had to pay a fine (which would probably be in his best interest in that scenario)?

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Kroenke would shit.....LA Raiders would dominate Rams....so yeah won't ever happen

But I'm still praying
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Kroenke would shit.....LA Raiders would dominate Rams....so yeah won't ever happen

But I'm still praying
                SD Raiders could be a problem too though... or at least more competition for the entire SoCal market. Even if the Terds went to San Antonio and it was Jags who came to SD, or even if no other team came to SD, wouldn't it be in Kroenke's interests to dump Spanos as soon as he can, or as soon as he can afford to (if he faced some kind of lawsuit, league sanctions)? I just wonder what the penalty is that would prevent him from dumping Spanos ASAFP going forward so he can have it all to himself.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by obvious_idiot_bolt View Post
                  SD Raiders could be a problem too though... or at least more competition for the entire SoCal market. Even if the Terds went to San Antonio and it was Jags who came to SD, or even if no other team came to SD, wouldn't it be in Kroenke's interests to dump Spanos as soon as he can, or as soon as he can afford to (if he faced some kind of lawsuit, league sanctions)? I just wonder what the penalty is that would prevent him from dumping Spanos ASAFP going forward so he can have it all to himself.
                  Kroenke can't legally force Dumbo out if there was a signed lease. They're gonna have to frame him with a dead hooker ala Senator Geary in "The Godfather Part 2".

"...and all you have left is our friendship..."

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                    Kroenke can't legally force Dumbo out if there was a signed lease. They're gonna have to frame him with a dead hooker ala Senator Geary in "The Godfather Part 2".

"...and all you have left is our friendship..."
                    Wait ,, I thought Luca Brasi put the horse head in Senator Geary's bed??

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Wait ,, I thought Luca Brasi put the horse head in Senator Geary's bed??
                      No, that was Woltz, the movie mogul.

"Johnny Fontane never gets that role!"

Geary was the guy who tried to strong arm Michael when he moved to Vegas.

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Oh yeah

My final offer is this: nothing

I think that's what Kroenke said to Deano

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Oh yeah

My final offer is this: nothing

I think that's what Kroenke said to Deano
                          you know what's funny/sad? Deano NEVER NEGOTIATED ANY DEAL ANYWHERE! The NFL brokered the deal with Kroenke and handed it to Deano on a Silver platter. And if you look back, that was Deano's legacy- the Silver Spoon baby who couldn't negotiate a deal in his entire life. He couldn't cut a deal with AEG for Farmer's field DT LA, he couldn't broker an easy deal with Roski in a shovel ready and fully approved stadium in City of Industry, he couldn't cut a deal in numerous tries with Kroenke, and he couldn't even negotiate in good faith with SD officials in "15 years of trying".

The guy is a LOSER, period. I hope he wakes up every single day of his life knowing he could never measure up to his father's expectations for him and what a failure of a businessman he is on his own.
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡