• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faded blues
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
    you know what's funny/sad? Deano NEVER NEGOTIATED ANY DEAL ANYWHERE! The NFL brokered the deal with Kroenke and handed it to Deano on a Silver platter. And if you look back, that was Deano's legacy- the Silver Spoon baby who couldn't negotiate a deal in his entire life. He couldn't cut a deal with AEG for Farmer's field DT LA, he couldn't broker an easy deal with Roski in a shovel ready and fully approved stadium in City of Industry, he couldn't cut a deal in numerous tries with Kroenke, and he couldn't even negotiate in good faith with SD officials in "15 years of trying".

The guy is a LOSER, period. I hope he wakes up every single day of his life knowing he could never measure up to his father's expectations for him and what a failure of a businessman he is on his own.
    Don't forget that he never won a Super Bowl either.

Just a complete loser.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
      Oh yeah

My final offer is this: nothing

I think that's what Kroenke said to Deano
      And I'd appreciate it if you put up the $650M relo fee, personally.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

you know what's funny/sad? Deano NEVER NEGOTIATED ANY DEAL ANYWHERE! The NFL brokered the deal with Kroenke and handed it to Deano on a Silver platter. And if you look back, that was Deano's legacy- the Silver Spoon baby who couldn't negotiate a deal in his entire life. He couldn't cut a deal with AEG for Farmer's field DT LA, he couldn't broker an easy deal with Roski in a shovel ready and fully approved stadium in City of Industry, he couldn't cut a deal in numerous tries with Kroenke, and he couldn't even negotiate in good faith with SD officials in "15 years of trying".

The guy is a LOSER, period. I hope he wakes up every single day of his life knowing he could never measure up to his father's expectations for him and what a failure of a businessman he is on his own.
        He also came up with the Inglewood idea only to have Kroenke steal it away from him. Kind of like Jerry (William H. Macy) in "Fargo" - Wade: "well you won't mind if we just move on it, right Jerry?". Jerry: "it's my deal, Wade!"

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Also there are folks who actually still believe that it is completely Faulconer's fault the Chargers left as he "chased them out". While there is no disputing that he is a slimeball politician, he in no way "chased them out", it's been documented pretty extensively how Spanos refused to even negotiate in good faith all along.

Comment

• Faded blues
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            Also there are folks who actually still believe that it is completely Faulconer's fault the Chargers left as he "chased them out". While there is no disputing that he is a slimeball politician, he in no way "chased them out", it's been documented pretty extensively how Spanos refused to even negotiate in good faith all along.
            You have to be either dumb or dumber to get out smarted by Kevin falconer, scott Sherman and chris cate.

These clowns are heros becuase dean fucked up cooking "frozen burritos."

All he had to do was agree to mv and when that vote fails, he could have moved to la with a clear conscious.

Hell. I would have supported the move then.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
              You have to be either dumb or dumber to get out smarted by Kevin falconer, scott Sherman and chris cate.

These clowns are heros becuase dean fucked up cooking "frozen burritos."

All he had to do was agree to mv and when that vote fails, he could have moved to la with a clear conscious.

Hell. I would have supported the move then.
              I wouldn't say that is necessarily true. Spanos had Fibs plotting strategy for him, and while I hate Fibs I will acknowledge the dude is tops in creating controlled chaos with an end game. But Faulconer stayed toe-to-toe with him, which tells me he's a formidable political force and will probably go far in his career.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The city spent 15+ years kicking the Chargers out with their actions whilst saying "Stay! Stay!" with their words. And in the end got what they wanted.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I wouldn't say that is necessarily true. Spanos had Fibs plotting strategy for him, and while I hate Fibs I will acknowledge the dude is tops in creating controlled chaos with an end game. But Faulconer stayed toe-to-toe with him, which tells me he's a formidable political force and will probably go far in his career.
                  He'd make a fantastic President, yeppers. :thumbsup:

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

The city has only ever cared about the $600 mil per year revenue stream created by having an NFL team - NOT the Chargers, or their fans. As their recent wooing of the fucking-almighty Raiders aptly demonstrates. Not sure that I blame them, but SD has wanted nothing to do with the Chargers for a long-ass time.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      The city spent 15+ years kicking the Chargers out with their actions whilst saying "Stay! Stay!" with their words. And in the end got what they wanted.
                      You say tomahto...

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                        Also, you are (again) keeping a slanted narrative here. The Chargers never sincerely made any proposals except for two: the original MV deal which they pulled, and Prop C. The city could never "kick them out" when they wouldn't even engage. They also had been looking into LA back to the early 2000s. You keep trying to spread your rose colored pixie dust but it's all a bunch of BS.

Comment

• Faded blues
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2013
                          • Send PM

Also, you are (again) keeping a slanted narrative here. The Chargers never sincerely made any proposals except for two: the original MV deal which they pulled, and Prop C. The city could never "kick them out" when they wouldn't even engage. They also had been looking into LA back to the early 2000s. You keep trying to spread your rose colored pixie dust but it's all a bunch of BS.
                          Pixie dust. Hmm...

Blueman is the yang to knsd ying.

Spinners unite

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎