Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
    Pixie dust. Hmm...

Blueman is the yang to knsd ying.

Spinners unite
    Obviously a lot of blame to go around on both sides. I've always said that. But the city offered MV and the Chargers could've taken it and they'd still be here. Them is the facts.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      Also, you are (again) keeping a slanted narrative here. The Chargers never sincerely made any proposals except for two: the original MV deal which they pulled, and Prop C. The city could never "kick them out" when they wouldn't even engage. They also had been looking into LA back to the early 2000s. You keep trying to spread your rose colored pixie dust but it's all a bunch of BS.
      Enjoy them home Raider games.

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        The city spent 15+ years kicking the Chargers out with their actions whilst saying "Stay! Stay!" with their words. And in the end got what they wanted.
        The city made some bad moves but ultimately Deano got clowned by everyone. Kroenke, the NFL, Faulconer, etc. I really liked the downtown idea because it would have solved a lot of problems facing San Diego but Deano throwing up his hands and "giving up" when everyone in the world knew 2/3 was impossible proves it was all a ruse.

There was a deal to be made in MV but Deano couldn't go down that route because 50% just might have passed. I'm convinced that this is all a ploy to sell the team after the increase in value in LA. Yeah, there's that 15 year rule but I think they're going to try to find a way around it. It's the only explanation that makes any sense out of all this because they're going to fail miserably in LA. Every time they do anything, it's a complete f-up.

When's the next logo change?

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Enjoy them home Raider games.
          You mean like the past few seasons?

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
            The city made some bad moves but ultimately Deano got clowned by everyone. Kroenke, the NFL, Faulconer, etc. I really liked the downtown idea because it would have solved a lot of problems facing San Diego but Deano throwing up his hands and "giving up" when everyone in the world knew 2/3 was impossible proves it was all a ruse.

There was a deal to be made in MV but Deano couldn't go down that route because 50% just might have passed. I'm convinced that this is all a ploy to sell the team after the increase in value in LA. Yeah, there's that 15 year rule but I think they're going to try to find a way around it. It's the only explanation that makes any sense out of all this because they're going to fail miserably in LA. Every time they do anything, it's a complete f-up.

Don't try to reason with him, the pixie dust is working it's magic.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I really liked the downtown idea because it would have solved a lot of problems facing San Diego but Deano throwing up his hands and "giving up" when everyone in the world knew 2/3 was impossible proves it was all a ruse.
              Funny how the real problem - not enough Charger fans in SD - gets a free pass. Regardless of Faulconer being a slimeball and Deano being a dick, if there were simply enough people in SD who valued Chargers football staying SD, that downtown stadium (paid for by effing tourists!) would've been a slam dunk. I dunno if LA is gonna eventually warm to the Chargers, but not seeing how it could be much worse than recent years (as 6205 points out).

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Funny how the real problem - not enough Charger fans in SD - gets a free pass. Regardless of Faulconer being a slimeball and Deano being a dick, if there were simply enough people in SD who valued Chargers football staying SD, that downtown stadium (paid for by effing tourists!) would've been a slam dunk. I dunno if LA is gonna eventually warm to the Chargers, but not seeing how it could be much worse than recent years (as 6205 points out).
                It's 6025, or are you a blueman idiot? I think I'll refer to you from now on like that if you keep it up.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                  It's 6025, or are you a blueman idiot? I think I'll refer to you from now on like that if you keep it up.
                  I tend to be dyslexic when dealing with trolls, sorry.

But seriously, is there an owner in the league who isn't a dick, or a mayor in the country who isn't a slimeball? Am I missing some alternate reality wherein politicians only do things for altruistic reasons, and millionaires sincerely care about all the little people who made them rich? Amazingly enough, most municipalities can actually vote for or against many types of projects they want in their region, they just have to do it. SD didn't. Was the convadium too late in the game to win a big vote? Maybe, but all parties involved share the blame for the Chargers leaving town. But only SD will be on the hook for letting the Raiders in.

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I tend to be dyslexic when dealing with trolls, sorry.

But seriously, is there an owner in the league who isn't a dick, or a mayor in the country who isn't a slimeball? Am I missing some alternate reality wherein politicians only do things for altruistic reasons, and millionaires sincerely care about all the little people who made them rich? Amazingly enough, most municipalities can actually vote for or against many types of projects they want in their region, they just have to do it. SD didn't. Was the convadium too late in the game to win a big vote? Maybe, but all parties involved share the blame for the Chargers leaving town. But only SD will be on the hook for letting the Raiders in.
                    Lol, I'm no more a troll than you are.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Well at last we can agree on something, lol. :beer:

Comment

• Faded blues
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2013
                        • Send PM

This.

They are playing in a soccer stadium for 2 years.

Not leaving Murphy canyon until June 1.

Have no place to practice in la.

Don't even have where they are going to have training camp.

Looks like 1 dumb move after another.

The only consistent mantra is how much money is this gong to save us.

Comment

• bonehead
                          Undrafted
                          • Jul 2013
                          • TBD
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                          This.

They are playing in a soccer stadium for 2 years.

Not leaving Murphy canyon until June 1.

Have no place to practice in la.

Don't even have where they are going to have training camp.

Looks like 1 dumb move after another.

The only consistent mantra is how much money is this gong to save us.
                          So they will have mini camp at Murphy Canyon?
                          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                          X