• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gwynning_Spirit
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Foxbatkllr View Post
    Put down the drugs. Those other leagues aren't looking to expand right now. MLS is not going to play in a 60,000 seat stadium. Only way we get MLS is with FS Investor plan. NFL will just use us as leverage for 20 years while our fancy new stadium (or upgraded Q) rots aside from the Aztecs, which still won't sell it out when they play.
    NHL may expand again soon since there will be an odd number of teams and 1 short in the Western Conference. KC has the open AEG stadium, and then there's Quebec City in the east who want one, but AZ and Carolina don't seem to be on the steadiest of ground either, despite what Bettman says.

Comment

• Wheels
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • San Diego
      • Send PM

My son has been playing hockey for about 2 years now and he's starting to get really into it. We went to a few Gulls games as well. The pace of the game is incredible live. It's very entertaining. I feel there's an under current of enthusiasm for hockey in SD that could potentially be tapped. The ice rink that my son plays at is booked much of the day until well after 10pm with hockey games and practices (and open ice skating). I've always enjoyed even watching NHL on tv, but never stick with it because I don't identify with any particular team. That would change quickly if the NHL came to SD.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

I'm all in favor of a new arena, but not as part of the mission valley site. Money shouldn't be spent building an arena/stadium on a hypothetical franchise. If the FS investors plan is approved we get an MLS team and space for that hypothetical NFL team. Since an arena doesn't cost that much or take up that much space it could be built nearly anywhere. Approving the FS investors plan doesn't shut out a new arena. Rejecting that plan shuts out the MLS and guarantees no new franchises.

Comment

• Little_Charger
          Ex-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Chula Vista, CA
          • CO
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
          My son has been playing hockey for about 2 years now and he's starting to get really into it. We went to a few Gulls games as well. The pace of the game is incredible live. It's very entertaining. I feel there's an under current of enthusiasm for hockey in SD that could potentially be tapped. The ice rink that my son plays at is booked much of the day until well after 10pm with hockey games and practices (and open ice skating). I've always enjoyed even watching NHL on tv, but never stick with it because I don't identify with any particular team. That would change quickly if the NHL came to SD.
          Replace hockey with soccer/ NHL with MLS and times it by 10
          Mission: Valley.

Comment

• Wheels
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • San Diego
            • Send PM

I don't really think it's either / or. I'd love to see both.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Raiders now saying they have funding from Bank of America for their Vegas venture.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

B of A? They will probably be charged a $4 fee every time anyone swipes their key card to open a door.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X