• Send PM

Scott just said that these guys don't like dean

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
      Scott just said that these guys don't like dean
      I remember he said that in the first podcast before they mentioned Manchester. So why is the offer being extended to the Chargers too? And why now instead of several months ago? Stupid game of chicken, if Manchester is really serious (which I'm skeptical) he should've done what he could to avert this fiasco.

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        I remember he said that in the first podcast before they mentioned Manchester. So why is the offer being extended to the Chargers too? And why now instead of several months ago? Stupid game of chicken, if Manchester is really serious (which I'm skeptical) he should've done what he could to avert this fiasco.
        Manchester becomes hero to Spanos's villain?
        Everyone knew Spanos wasn't liked here but it took the move to LA for everyone to let us know just how they REALLY felt. This is turn makes Manchester look EVEN the bigger hero.
        If it's real, well played Doug.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
          Manchester becomes hero to Spanos's villain?
          Everyone knew Spanos wasn't liked here but it took the move to LA for everyone to let us know just how they REALLY felt. This is turn makes Manchester look EVEN the bigger hero.
          If it's real, well played Doug.
          But the price paid was losing the Chargers.

Comment

• Faded blues
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2013
            • Send PM

Dean left becuase he choose to.

There were multiple deals on the table.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
              Dean left becuase he choose to.

There were multiple deals on the table.
              No proof of anything on the table other than the city's "final offer". Manchester is executing a land grab, otherwise why wait until the Chargers leave before making this too-good-to-be-true offer?

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

No proof of anything on the table other than the city's "final offer". Manchester is executing a land grab, otherwise why wait until the Chargers leave before making this too-good-to-be-true offer?
                you're not getting it, really? It wasn't waiting for the Chargers to leave, it was waiting for Spanos to leave. Spanos is a fucking LOSER, and horrible excuse for a business man. He had to be out of the way completely before anyone else that IS competent with a track record of getting things done would enter the picture. He wasn't going to sell, and refused to work with the powers that be- so why would anyone with a clue jump in the middle of that clusterfuck where Deano ultimately holds veto power over everything? Moores/JMI put on a big presentation for redeveloping MV last year too- was he only interested in a land grab?
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• captaind
                  Cook This Pork Chops
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Mars
                  • Ball Holder
                  • Send PM

I know I don't live there, but....what exactly did we lose? The Chargers have zero chance of ever winning a Super Bowl as long as Spanos is the owner. It's a waste of time to even be a fan anymore. I just hate that it took me this long to realize it.

The only way to ever win is to start over with another franchise run by someone not named Spanos.

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                    you're not getting it, really? It wasn't waiting for the Chargers to leave, it was waiting for Spanos to leave. Spanos is a fucking LOSER, and horrible excuse for a business man. He had to be out of the way completely before anyone else that IS competent with a track record of getting things done would enter the picture. He wasn't going to sell, and refused to work with the powers that be- so why would anyone with a clue jump in the middle of that clusterfuck where Deano ultimately holds veto power over everything? Moores/JMI put on a big presentation for redeveloping MV last year too- was he only interested in a land grab?
                    So why mention working with the Chargers in the letter? Spanos is not going to sell.

Comment

• TTK
                      EX-Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • America's Finest City
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                      Also, didn't Deano/Fibiani specifically call out the mayor to not include Manchester to join CSAG?

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                        Also, didn't Deano/Fibiani specifically call out the mayor to not include Manchester to join CSAG?
                        I think it was Steve Cushman. Manchester wouldn't volunteer for the CSAG anyway... too much effort required on a voluntary committee.

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          I think it was Steve Cushman. Manchester wouldn't volunteer for the CSAG anyway... too much effort required on a voluntary committee.
                          On another note I was sad to see you close the epic LA stadium thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X