Clear All
  • RobH
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Tokyo, Japan
    • University English Lecturer
    • Send PM

Final roster

Some interesting decisions made on the roster. The biggest one is sending Spangenburg to AAA. Also keeping 4 catchers is weird. All the rule fivers are staying as well. Lots of guys on the 10 day DL. So more changes coming. It's going to be an interesting year. I'm looking forward to it.
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Yeah, still not going to be a very good team though. Schimpf will be a good offensive player if he can cut down on his strikeouts and hit at least .260.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Betancourt is probably listed as a Catcher but will start out being a Pitcher?

Comment

• RobH
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Tokyo, Japan
        • University English Lecturer
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Betancourt is probably listed as a Catcher but will start out being a Pitcher?
        He'll probably see more time as a pitcher but he's a true jack of all trades.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Betancourt is an odd experiment that I'm very interested in watching unfold. It's one of those genius/dummy decisions depending on which way it goes. I hope it's the former and not the latter.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
            Some interesting decisions made on the roster. The biggest one is sending Spangenburg to AAA. Also keeping 4 catchers is weird. All the rule fivers are staying as well. Lots of guys on the 10 day DL. So more changes coming. It's going to be an interesting year. I'm looking forward to it.
            Not only Spangenberg but Blash was sent down too to make room for all the Rule 5 guys. No reserve outfielders on the roster though I suppose Betancourt will see time there. They can always put Myers out there and move as Schimpf or Betancourt to first but my preference is to leave Myers alone at first - last year he was injury free and I'm thinking playing first was a big reason.

Comment

Go Pads. I would be happy with fourth place, I think. Just don't move or demand another downtown stadium.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍