• Show
Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Beating the Steelers to make the Super Bowl.

and, LT breaking the TD record.

Those are the top 2.
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Gibson. Any play Means broke to the outside lol.

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

LT TD record with AJ jumping up was just awesome. Gibson second. Sproles was incredible too. Rivers td to come back 21 points on Cincy. Allen manhandling Denver for his td in Denver. Miami 81 game for sure...getting to work with Eric Sievers in my day job and here about that game. Too many great moments to pick from...still more to come.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
          SLAM DUNK!
          • Jun 2013
          • East County San Diego
          • Bolt fanatic
          • Send PM

Being at the Stadium when the team came back from Pittsburgh victorious in January of 95. That was more magical than any game and even more magical than watching the play live on TV. This town lost it's shit in a good way.

That's the type of thing only the Padres can bring this town now. Even celebrating any future Charger victories will not be as sweet as we have lost so many Bolt fans and LA clearly wouldn't care all that much for even a SuperBowl victory as much as SD cared during Bolts playoff runs. Sports is at it's best when it electrifies an entire city.

Now winning the Superbowl for me will be like beating a challenging video game, I may get excited but I won't have people to share it with anymore except for you fools on the internet. All my personal Charger fan friends have abandoned the team.
          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
            Being at the Stadium when the team came back from Pittsburgh victorious in January of 95. That was more magical than any game and even more magical than watching the play live on TV. This town lost it's shit in a good way.

That's the type of thing only the Padres can bring this town now. Even celebrating any future Charger victories will not be as sweet as we have lost so many Bolt fans and LA clearly wouldn't care all that much for even a SuperBowl victory as much as SD cared during Bolts playoff runs. Sports is at it's best when it electrifies an entire city.

Now winning the Superbowl for me will be like beating a challenging video game, I may get excited but I won't have people to share it with anymore except for you fools on the internet. All my personal Charger fan friends have abandoned the team.
            We'll have a big TPD party in Vegas if that happens. I'll make sure you remember it and it means something.

Comment

• KAllen17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
              Watching the epic game against the Dolphins with my dad as a kid

Watching Gibson deflect the 4th down pass

Drafting Ryan Leaf over Manning (This was only on draft day of course)

Sproles TD

I don't care what day it was. Taking Leaf over Manning should be a sports memory doomed to eternal hell not just for Chargers fans, but for all of humanity.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

They didnt draft Leaf over Manning. Indy had the first pick, we had the second pick and they drafted Manning.

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  They didnt draft Leaf over Manning. Indy had the first pick, we had the second pick and they drafted Manning.
                  Hello McFly
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• UtahBolt
                    Did we win?
                    • Jun 2013
                    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                    • Send PM

One of my favorite memories (aside from the obvious Gibson knock down and LT record breaker) was the opener in Denver in 94. It was Sunday night football (when it was on TBS, right?) and the Chargers won when Seau nailed Elway and forced him to fumble at the end of the game. We were there in the old Mile High, the 10th row behind that end zone and Denver fans true to form, were throwing shit at us and talking trash all game long. In fact, someone threw a cup at us and missed and hit the little old lady in front of us who had those same seats since Mile High opened. I got pissed and stood on my chair, turned to the crowd behind me, held up the cup and yelled to everyone who were all looking right at me, "who threw that?" No one said a thing, so I grabbed my camera and took a picture of the whole crowd up to about 15 rows behind us and yelled to them that is so I could show everyone at home what pussies everyone in Denver is...yeah, there may have been some beer involved. Not proud of that moment, just part of the whole experience. Anyway, I still have that photo and it is the funniest thing, there is probably a hundred faces in it and all but just a few are either hiding their face or looking away. Damn, that was dumb. That old Mile High stadium was so loud it would hurt but when Elway fumbled and we recovered and iced the game the crowd was just silent, shocked and we just went nuts. What a fun night that was. Mark Seay caught a long touchdown pass to the end zone we were sitting in and pointed and yelled to us as he was spiking the ball down. My early twenties self thought that was pretty darn cool.
                    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                      One of my favorite memories (aside from the obvious Gibson knock down and LT record breaker) was the opener in Denver in 94. It was Sunday night football (when it was on TBS, right?) and the Chargers won when Seau nailed Elway and forced him to fumble at the end of the game. We were there in the old Mile High, the 10th row behind that end zone and Denver fans true to form, were throwing shit at us and talking trash all game long. In fact, someone threw a cup at us and missed and hit the little old lady in front of us who had those same seats since Mile High opened. I got pissed and stood on my chair, turned to the crowd behind me, held up the cup and yelled to everyone who were all looking right at me, "who threw that?" No one said a thing, so I grabbed my camera and took a picture of the whole crowd up to about 15 rows behind us and yelled to them that is so I could show everyone at home what pussies everyone in Denver is...yeah, there may have been some beer involved. Not proud of that moment, just part of the whole experience. Anyway, I still have that photo and it is the funniest thing, there is probably a hundred faces in it and all but just a few are either hiding their face or looking away. Damn, that was dumb. That old Mile High stadium was so loud it would hurt but when Elway fumbled and we recovered and iced the game the crowd was just silent, shocked and we just went nuts. What a fun night that was. Mark Seay caught a long touchdown pass to the end zone we were sitting in and pointed and yelled to us as he was spiking the ball down. My early twenties self thought that was pretty darn cool.
                      Rep for that.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                        SLAM DUNK!
                        • Jun 2013
                        • East County San Diego
                        • Bolt fanatic
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                        This was the first game I watched after getting my own place for the first time after moving out of my parents house. My room mate was not a football fan but he promised before the game that if they won that game he would root for them all season. That was a magical way to start that season, I think we were down 17-0 or something in the first half and Stanley Richard took an INT to the house right before half. And Seau didn't hit Elway to make him fumble, he was pressuring him and Elway did sort of pumpfake that just floated out of his hand in to air and right in to Seau's grasp. Not sure what the official ruling was but that was an INT more than a fumble recovery.

I missed most of the Seahawks game that year doing something stupid instead but the Bengals homegame was blacked out and that was the one game I went to in person that year.
                        migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• UtahBolt
                          Did we win?
                          • Jun 2013
                          • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                          • Send PM

^^ You're right, I remember now...the ball did slip out of Elway's hands and Seau recovered/caught it. Hahaha....thanks for the reminder.

I remember the pick six right before half and if I remember right Carrington had a big pick in the game too?
                          I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡