• Show
Clear All
  • KYBoltsFan
    THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
    Generous Donor
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
    One of my favorite memories (aside from the obvious Gibson knock down and LT record breaker) was the opener in Denver in 94. It was Sunday night football (when it was on TBS, right?) and the Chargers won when Seau nailed Elway and forced him to fumble at the end of the game. We were there in the old Mile High, the 10th row behind that end zone and Denver fans true to form, were throwing shit at us and talking trash all game long. In fact, someone threw a cup at us and missed and hit the little old lady in front of us who had those same seats since Mile High opened. I got pissed and stood on my chair, turned to the crowd behind me, held up the cup and yelled to everyone who were all looking right at me, "who threw that?" No one said a thing, so I grabbed my camera and took a picture of the whole crowd up to about 15 rows behind us and yelled to them that is so I could show everyone at home what pussies everyone in Denver is...yeah, there may have been some beer involved. Not proud of that moment, just part of the whole experience. Anyway, I still have that photo and it is the funniest thing, there is probably a hundred faces in it and all but just a few are either hiding their face or looking away. Damn, that was dumb. That old Mile High stadium was so loud it would hurt but when Elway fumbled and we recovered and iced the game the crowd was just silent, shocked and we just went nuts. What a fun night that was. Mark Seay caught a long touchdown pass to the end zone we were sitting in and pointed and yelled to us as he was spiking the ball down. My early twenties self thought that was pretty darn cool.
    My ex-wife and a buddy of mine took a ridiculous weekend road trip from our college in KY out to Colorado, up to Mt. Rushmore and back that weekend (ah, youth). Didn't even think of going to the game, but remember thinking it was cool to be in Denver area w/the Chargers in town. I thought for sure were going to get killed, and in fact I think we were down quite a bit and came back (?). Anyway it was a big surprise when we got home that we had won, actually think I heard the news driving through Chicago. Great start to the season.
    NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

^^ You're right, I remember now...the ball did slip out of Elway's hands and Seau recovered/caught it. Hahaha....thanks for the reminder.

I remember the pick six right before half and if I remember right Carrington had a big pick in the game too?
      The Broncos took a 24-0 lead early but Stanley Richard's INT for a TD right before halftime put them in the lead. Great game.

Comment

• Lightnin'
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Gonna Cheat:
        '61-first game I ever watched-v-New York Titans. Down 13-0, we came back behind Lowe/Lincoln/Kemp to win 49-13.

'79-First in person game in Cinci. Beat the Bungles w/very late Fouts-Artie Owens TD pass after trailing entire game.

'80's-San Diego 41-Miami 38

'90's-AFC Championship game.

'00's-In San Diego w/KYBoltsFan for '04 game-v-Titans; Brees to Caldwell TD turned season around
        and trajectory of franchise for years.

Still waiting for the '10's...
        San Diego Chargers

1961-2017

Comment

• chargerkdb
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
          • Send PM

2018 AFC Championship Game. Chargers come from 10 down in the 4th to beat the Titans and League MVP Marcus Mariotta 30-27 bolstered by two Gordon TD runs and Rivers tossing one each to Mike Williams and Hunter Henry. Super Bowl less than exciting as Bolts destroy Cowboys by 35 after jumping out to 28-0 lead in 1st Quarter. Bosa named MVP after 3 sacks a forced fumble and batting a pass that was intercepted

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

^^ You're right, I remember now...the ball did slip out of Elway's hands and Seau recovered/caught it. Hahaha....thanks for the reminder.

I remember the pick six right before half and if I remember right Carrington had a big pick in the game too?
            That play got me in trouble with my wife because I broke the couch in half while jumping around the room.
            Beer may have been partially involved too.
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Hotter than hell, Georgia
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              We'll have a big TPD party in Vegas if that happens. I'll make sure you remember it and it means something.
              Can you make it Atlanta?

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Steelers game obviously, but I also loved when we beat all the teams in the NFC east in 2009. Still remember VJs TD against the Giants. I think we won lik 12-13 games that year before choking (what else) against the jets.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                  Steelers game obviously, but I also loved when we beat all the teams in the NFC east in 2009. Still remember VJs TD against the Giants. I think we won lik 12-13 games that year before choking (what else) against the jets.
                  13-3, that team was better than the 2006 team in my opinion. Better passing game with a more experienced QB that had a tougher schedule and had a winning record vs playoff teams. Stupid Kaeding missed 3 Fieldgoals
                  migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

Working...
                  X