• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Tuerk could play RT. I know its not discussed much. But he is a very mobile lineman. And very smart. I think we are actually waiting to see what happens in the draft. If we dont get good value i could see us going back into free agency. We have entered the era of 1 year contracts. Maybe a guy like Clady cheap for a year to play RT?

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Tuerk could play RT. I know its not discussed much. But he is a very mobile lineman. And very smart. I think we are actually waiting to see what happens in the draft. If we dont get good value i could see us going back into free agency. We have entered the era of 1 year contracts. Maybe a guy like Clady cheap for a year to play RT?
      At this point Pulley must be way ahead of Tuerk for C, just on playing time. Tuerk getting actual practice time at RT I think would have probably gotten out as news by now, but yeah, that would be a real coup if he was actually ready to go this year at that position. Still, he is a complete mystery, a rookie all but in name.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        At this point Pulley must be way ahead of Tuerk for C, just on playing time. Tuerk getting actual practice time at RT I think would have probably gotten out as news by now, but yeah, that would be a real coup if he was actually ready to go this year at that position. Still, he is a complete mystery, a rookie all but in name.
        Im not sure hes practicing at RT or not. Im just saying hes played that position. He is known for his versatility. And with his feet and IQ i dont think RT is out of the question for him. I also think they really liked Clark whom they drafted last year. Guys TT takes in the later rounds likely have 3rd round or better grades on them by our staff. Team draft boards are so different than guru boards.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Yeah Clark is also a great unknown. Ideally TT is picking on best player available in all rounds, but having those two guys as contributors will reduce the need to draft OL in the later rounds. No OL is worth picking at #7 or in the second.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            Yeah Clark is also a great unknown. Ideally TT is picking on best player available in all rounds, but having those two guys as contributors will reduce the need to draft OL in the later rounds. No OL is worth picking at #7 or in the second.
            Except we need OL bad. TT needs an OL in his top 3 picks.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Rugger05
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
              Except we need OL bad. TT needs an OL in his top 3 picks.
              Well he did get get OL in two of his first three picks

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
                Well he did get get OL in two of his first three picks
                SCORE. And that's what makes this a great draft.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                  Bolts looked at 3 Center prospects that will be UDFA-late picks. With Slauson, Pulley, and Tuerk, I wonder if Tuerk my be dukeing it out in preseason for backup roster spot.
                  Why would you think they won't give Teurk every chance to win a starting job? Look how many chances they gave Watt even with all his injuries. Seems to me after the late signing of Slauson last year they had the luxury of redshirting Teurk while starting experienced vets to give Rivers the best chance to succeed. This year the competition should be more wide open?
                  Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Maverick
                    (Coryellian)
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Point Loma
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                    Why would you think they won't give Teurk every chance to win a starting job? Look how many chances they gave Watt even with all his injuries. Seems to me after the late signing of Slauson last year they had the luxury of redshirting Teurk while starting experienced vets to give Rivers the best chance to succeed. This year the competition should be more wide open?
                    I just hope they don't get rid of Slauson. I felt like he was far & away our most dependable OL last season.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Practice days are coming up. We'll see then what Tuerk can do.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Tuerk is essentially a rookie this year. My fear is that you have 3 interior rookies on the OL starting. Not a terrible thing but i would expect some growing pains. I wouldnt be shocked if this is how it played out. Despite TT saying that his new OGs will start out at guard. I think we will end up using our best 5. And this could end up being the best fit.

Okung - Feeney - Tuerk - Slauson - Lamp

Lamp said in an interview at the Senior Bowl that he is so much more comfortable at OT than OG. But that he is willing to do whatever. He will most likely make it a point to show hes the best OT on the roster. Even better than Okung. Who i dont think is dominant by any means. I know hes getting paid a lot of money but he may end up at RT so we can keep our 2 stud rookies at their natural positions. I dont care about the short arm theory. I fully expect Lamp to show he is an OT. Hes that good.

Lamp - Slauson - Tuerk - Feeney - Okung

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Barksdale was horrible last year so I wouldn't mind Lamp at RT.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X