Clear All
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
    For everyone that wants defense at #7...what IF both Hooker and Adams are gone...what IF both Allen and Thomas are gone...what IF Lattimore is gone? No Garrett either. Then who do you go after at #7?
    Barnett or Davis

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      This is why im leaning McCaffrey. Id prefer we trade back. But if the Safeties are gone....im not sure what i would do. Im concerned about Allen. Many are expecting him to drop. I sighted Bamas poor record for DL. Thomas will be gone. And if the other option is QB i pray we take McCaffrey instead. I think hes just a safe productive pick that checks off a bunch of boxes.

Id rather have Barnett than Allen.
      Both are proven production guys. Both will potentially have better careers that Garrett, who is more of physical skills, might be great, guy. I'd take either.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

TT is always talking about things like speed.....playmakers and hammers etc. I just think he has this idea that you alternate trenches and playmakers in the first round. Hes gone Trench, skill, skill, Trench in his last 4 drafts. I would not be surprised if hes targeting a skill player in the 1st. Safety or WR. Especially with how deep the defense is in this draft.

Id rather have others over McCafrey...but based on the kids production and playmaking ability coupled with the character and work ethic i have no doubt that TT loves him as a player.

So i wouldn't be shocked if it were him. We have been very quiet on the McCaffrey front. Which is something you do to keep teams from trading up ahead of you for him. Its really hard to project a kid like him...but i wouldn't be shocked if he was the most liked player in the draft next to Jamal Adams. From what ive heard scouts love these guys and consider them extremely safe picks.

His 3 cone was smoking. I think he might have had the best time in the draft. Which means his lateral agility is off the charts. That lateral speed mixed with precise routes is a nightmare to cover. Hes not the strongest kid so he could have problems getting jammed. But his ability to get around guys with such great speed and perfect routes could mean he will almost always be sitting safe in underneath routes. With Allen drawing a CB and a Safety a guy like McCaffrey and his after the catch abilities would do well in our system. Woody was a sign of that. Now hes gone. Losing Allen last year hurt. Losing Woody while it was good for Gordon....had a big impact on Rivers. Imagine if Woody would have been able to stay on the field while Gordon was in the backfield? You have 2 checkdowns. Huge on a team that cant block for shit. Trips wing..trips left...all sorts of empty looks with double (H) and other 21 personnel alignments probably have coordinators salivating over the 2 RB potential he brings. But im viewing him as a WR in addition to all the ways you could use him as a RB. Teams are having to scheme for Gordon now. Hes that good. Then you have to worry about Allen. Throw in a guy like McCaffery and its a nightmare.

Most sims ive done i draft a WR and a RB in the middle rounds. Ive been drafting McCaffrey over the last few days and its amazing how easy it is to draft once you knock out those 2 positions with 1 stone. If there was ever a draft so deep with talent and so many positions to spend a 1 on a versatile guy like McCaffery...its this one.

Again im not trying to sell McCaffery to you guys...im just trying to lay out the pros and cons and how he fits in our system. Im not so sure now thats hes a reach with how much he could potentially bring to this offense. You have an Edelman type at WR...and a serious RB threat spelling Gordon. And probably one of the best PR/KR in the game. Not that guys return kicks all that much anymore. Hes just not a reach now that i think about it. And im obviously changing my opinion on him lately now that ive spent a lot of time watching his film and projecting where he fits in our system. Even Adam Rank said the other day the Chargers and Rivers are the best fit for him from a fantasy perspective. Means nothing i know...but i think we would really maximze this kid before we ultimately put him on IR. lol

1. Christian McCaffrey WR/RB/PR
        2. Charles Harris DE
        3. Taylor Moton RT
        4. Delano Hill FS
        5. Rasul Douglas CB
        6. Jeremy Sprinkle TE
        7. Cam Tom C

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

I like Barnett's consistency through college right from his freshman year. 10 sacks each season for him. I'll take that!
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
            For everyone that wants defense at #7...what IF both Hooker and Adams are gone...what IF both Allen and Thomas are gone...what IF Lattimore is gone? No Garrett either. Then who do you go after at #7?
            Impossible..... that means no QB,s were taken
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Will McCaffrey sit out preseason to prepare for the regular season?
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                • Send PM

Tyreek Hill punched and strangled his pregnant girlfriend. Piece of shit

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  This is why im leaning McCaffrey. Id prefer we trade back. But if the Safeties are gone....im not sure what i would do. Im concerned about Allen. Many are expecting him to drop. I sighted Bamas poor record for DL. Thomas will be gone. And if the other option is QB i pray we take McCaffrey instead. I think hes just a safe productive pick that checks off a bunch of boxes.

Id rather have Barnett than Allen.
                  I know it's a bit of a reach...but not really. Guard/Tackle Forest Lamp at #7. I'd be fine with that.

Comment

• Big Dog
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Assuming you can't trade down and all the defensive guys you like are gone, and you have to go offense ..

Do you go WR, OT, OG, RB, TE, QB ?

Is #7 too early to go OG or TE ? Probably. And none of the OT seem worth picking this early.

So that leaves RB, WR and QB.

Now McCaffrey looks possible, or Mike Williams, or Cory Davis or QB Watson?

Which is the better weapon for us ?

PS - if TTvalued Safety he could have kept Weddle.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

I wouldnt throw OJ Howard out at #7. Hes a major mismatch and with teams like us who use a lot of 2 TE sets he would be a nice addition. Hes being projected high. MJD drafted him for the Jags today in the NFL mock. Hes a big WR playing TE. Completely misused at Bama. He was going to come out last year and they begged him to come back saying he would put up monster numbers in an offense that would be built around him. Then they didnt go through with that. A gross misuse of him. But he has the potential to be one of the most dominant receiving threats in the league. Certainly from this draft class. I recently spent more time on Howard and hes a beast. I just figured TE was out of the question so i didnt put any time in the top tier. As much as i am a trench builder this is the year it makes sense to take one of the playmakers. There are a few on D and O at the top.

I wouldnt hesitate on studs like McCaffrey and Howard. Its way to early for what OL is available in this draft. Id prefer just go best athlete and if its offense it wont be a QB or OL. It will be WR and TE. And i view McCaffrey as a WR. If Fournette and McCaffrey are there at the same time you dont take Fournette over McCaffrey. Im not looking for redundancy. Im looking for a dominating slot WR that can line up in the backfield and run between the tackles as well as line up outside. Like i said 21 personnel is becoming big in the NFL. Not to mention finally having a real threat at PR. Oliver is on a one year contract. That just screams "we are looking to upgrade" the back up RB spot and you get that bonus with a swiss army knife type of player in McCaffrey. The target is 90 receptions 1000 yards receiving with McCaffrey. I draft him with that goal and purpose. And make it happen. Let him carry the rock 8 times a game as well.

Thomas
                      Adams
                      Hooker
                      Barnett
                      McCaffrey
                      Howard
                      Allen

This is probably going to be my desired group. I like Allen im just concerned about the Bama factor. 1 top DL player drafted in 20 years or so. Nobody else really panned out. I just keep hearing how he may fall. Maybe he wont but it feels like something may be off with him. I wouldn't be pissed with Allen though.

Comment

• pigskin
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Southern Oregon
                        • Send PM

So Fleet (or anyone) would you rather go McCaffrey in the 1st or C. Samuel in the 2nd?

I see them having a similar skill set. McCaffrey may be a better inside runner and more polished in his route running, but that is going to be(or supposed to) be the difference between a day one pick and a day two pick at any position.
                        Last edited by pigskin; 04-24-2017, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

I would love Howard too. That would be awesome having two young studs at TE for us. Real sweet!

FLEET, reason I threw Forest Lamp's name out is because - one - Mayock absolutely loves the guy inside at Guard and - two - I heard the Good Morning Football folks (I think it was Nate Burleson) say that a scout told him that when it comes to the top o-linemen in a draft you always draft them one round earlier than you think you need to. Lamp will probably be gone within the first round. So if you like a guy you go get him...even if it seems a bit of a reach at first glance. Wouldn't a dominant Guard be a great thing for Melvin Gordon?

Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 04-24-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X