• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Grilling

Just bought a new Traeger smoke grill. Anyone use these BBQ's? I had no idea they existed. I am easily the worse gas grill cook i know. I light everything on fire. And just stopped using one altogether a couple years ago.

Cant wait to use an outdoor grill this summer.
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    Just bought a new Traeger smoke grill. Anyone use these BBQ's? I had no idea they existed. I am easily the worse gas grill cook i know. I light everything on fire. And just stopped using one altogether a couple years ago.

Your life is about to change...
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        Your life is about to change...
        Sweet. Im just gonna use it like an oven. Pizzas. Just about anything i bake can go in this thing. But im really looking forward to slow cooking roasts and whole chickens.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Sweet. Im just gonna use it like an oven. Pizzas. Just about anything i bake can go in this thing. But im really looking forward to slow cooking roasts and whole chickens.
          I look forward to all the updates.

I worked on BBG/Smoking competition shows for the last 4 years. It never got old.

Good luck. Even the failures will be amazing
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

I had chicken legs last night. I think i should marinate those next time. They were still great. I also think i need to get the grill hotter than 160 for the legs. It was such a long slow cook.

Put steaks on the grill tonight. Set at 450. Smoked them for 10 minutes and then put them on the high heat. They were amazing. I felt better about the steaks because when i grill i like to cook off some of the fat. I felt like all the fat stayed in the chicken and im not a chicken fat guy. lol

I just need to learn how to do it. It may make more sense for me to go way up in temperature when i cook chicken for the last 10 minutes or so.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

I had chicken legs last night. I think i should marinate those next time. They were still great. I also think i need to get the grill hotter than 160 for the legs. It was such a long slow cook.

Put steaks on the grill tonight. Set at 450. Smoked them for 10 minutes and then put them on the high heat. They were amazing. I felt better about the steaks because when i grill i like to cook off some of the fat. I felt like all the fat stayed in the chicken and im not a chicken fat guy. lol

I just need to learn how to do it. It may make more sense for me to go way up in temperature when i cook chicken for the last 10 minutes or so.
              My best bud Miguel is the Bolt Pride grillmaster. He won the Bob Golic award on Discovery channel a few years ago.
              We see a few shows at the Belly Up here and there, and I know you are close by. Maybe we can set up something in the next few weeks? Let me know.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

In my second year with the Traeger, Fleet. It is awesome. I don't have much free time, so the 'set it and forget it' aspect is great for me. And my grilling prowess sound very muck like yours. I stink! Burgers come out perfect every time, no flipping or messing. 375 for 45 min and they are well done, smoke ringed, juicy. In fact, I am such a poor griller that my kids thought there was something wrong with the Traeger burgers (Dad, these have juice that runs out when you eat them and the meat is soft) vs the charred hockey pucks I usually provide

Have done chicken, pizza, pork tenderloin, pork chops, London broil, pork shoulders, all come out great. The wood pellets seem to make no difference to me (have tried cherry, apple, mesquite, maple, mix) in terms of flavor so buy whatever is cheapest. But I did notice that non-trager pellets don't heat as well. Good luck and have fun!

On chicken you do need to increase the temp to 450 for the last 10-15 min to crisp it up

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Haha thats funny Heat. I did a rack of lamb last night.

Ive been doing pork tenderloin at least once a week now for sandwiches. Even bought a meat slicer. Epic

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Perfection.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Very nice! Pork tenderloin is the filet mignon of the pig, if you ask me. Nothing better.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        oneinchpunch commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ribeye. You need the fat.
                    • Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      Very nice! Pork tenderloin is the filet mignon of the pig, if you ask me. Nothing better.

TG
                      I agree. Thats actually a roast though. Just had the juiciest roast beef sandwiches. Mayo, onion, lettuce, tomato and red onion in a gluten free kale wrap. Mind blown.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍