• Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    I think many of us are expecting him to address the OL in day 2. And we just singed a LT. We could be potentially losing 2 or 3 WRs next year. And this is a tough offense to grasp for WRs. Allen is fragile. Feels right to me. We needed to draft a WR this year. I was a little surprised we went after the top tier. But if we protect Rivers we are looking at a Falcons type scenario. Maybe better WR core.
    You're probably right. But I just get more excited when we use our best assets( high draft picks) on guys that can make an impact regardless( defenders, QB's, OL) WR's impact is TOTALLY dependent on your QB and OL.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
      You're probably right. But I just get more excited when we use our best assets( high draft picks) on guys that can make an impact regardless( defenders, QB's, OL) WR's impact is TOTALLY dependent on your QB and OL.
      Well i wouldn't be surprised if we are just trying to get the offense complete. What are we missing other than maybe 1 or 2 OL? TE? RB? Very deep draft at those spots. We are 14 million under the cap. We could potentially cut Liuget and free up 7 million or so. I like Reid anyways. But we have money to fill in some spots after the draft. Id be looking at a couple 1 year deals. Maybe Mangold at Center. And move Tuerk to RG. Slausson at LG. Franklin goes back to RT. Draft a guy like Robinson and let him compete for RT. We still have depth at OG with Franklin if he gets beat out. Or draft Lamp and Tuerk plays Center. Then bring in Clady on a one year deal.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Wow watching his game film hes a beast as a blocking TE.
          Woah. Chess piece.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• RTPbolt
            Charger Fan till the end
            • Jun 2013
            • North Carolina
            • Send PM

I think TT was going for best impact player. Williams was big against top cbs in the big games. With Allen a perenial ? every year now I think it was definitely a need to shore up the WR with a true #1. Yah Id love me some help on defense and OL but I think we will see a safety or OL in the next pick...Budda Baker or Lamp?

Rivers has a nice stable of receivers to scare the shit out of defenses...he needs protection and getting the run game to consistentency. Im still a huge Gordon fan and think we now have outstanding skill positions on our O. Shore up the trenches TT. Make it so.

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Hotter than hell, Georgia
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
              Good to know. Are you in pain?
              Not anymore. 8 weeks post surgery. Feel much better

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

This may be Tryell's last year. He will want to get paid. This pick my have been forward thinking a little bit. Also Tyrell may end up getting a big enough contract to maybe net us a comp pick.

Edit - Hes a RFA. Thats good. We may be able to get a pick for him. 2nd round tender? Id rather he stay and we cut Benjamin. But this most likely will be Inmans last year.
                Keep him if they can. He is still developing. As for Williams, I like the pick. Now get at least one solid OL then go defense.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-28-2017, 05:53 AM.
                11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  Thomas was gone, Allen may not make it to a 2nd contract with that shoulder and TT doesn't value safeties high. Not sure how much Spanii are influencing anything.
                  They are influencing EVERYTHING. The more control John and AG were given, the worse results on the field have gotten and the more the team has become a doormat in the NFL.
                  Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• UtahBolt
                    Did we win?
                    • Jun 2013
                    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                    • Send PM

I have to disagree with you here Paul, I don't think the personnel decisions have been the issue with the win-loss record. In fact, I think they have landed a number of quality young players to build around both in the draft and in the UFA market. Guys like Allen, Verrett, Gordon, Bosa, Oliver, Henry, Williams, Brown, Pulley, Inman, Philon, Emanuel, etc. Sure they have missed on a few but every team does. It's the inability to stay healthy and the ho-hum coaching style that has cursed this team the past few years. I would argue that they have at least wild card talent on this team if they could just freaking stay healthy.
                    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Maverick
                      (Coryellian)
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Point Loma
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                      I have to disagree with you here Paul, I don't think the personnel decisions have been the issue with the win-loss record. In fact, I think they have landed a number of quality young players to build around both in the draft and in the UFA market. Guys like Allen, Verrett, Gordon, Bosa, Oliver, Henry, Williams, Brown, Pulley, Inman, Philon, Emanuel, etc. Sure they have missed on a few but every team does. It's the inability to stay healthy and the ho-hum coaching style that has cursed this team the past few years. I would argue that they have at least wild card talent on this team if they could just freaking stay healthy.
                      This!
                      Utah = voice of reason!

Comment

Is it a requirement, if your name is Mike Williams, that you play wide receiver?

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                          This!
                          Utah = voice of reason!
                          Yeah, I'll take a few more drafts like last year's.

Comment

Working...
                          X