• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

For you Mc Caffery lovers, Curtis Samuel is still there. Talk about being overloaded with skill players. The Bolts would be flush. Trade up from the 3rd to get Dawkins?
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

I like Dorian Johnson, Feeney, Dawkins, Robinson, Lamp. One of those will be there at 6. Lamp and Johnson my preferred. Johnson and Bisnowaty were money for the left side of Pitts line

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Maybe no on Dalvin Cook. Just heard he has always had trouble with ball security. And has had three shoulder surgeries dating back to his high school days.

Just get an OL with pick #2.
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Best remaining draft prospects for Day 2

Running back Dalvin Cook tops PFF's list of the best remaining NFL players heading into Day 2.
          PFF Analysis Team | 23 mins ago
          Dalvin Cook

(Brett Carlsen/Getty Images)

With Day 1 of the 2017 NFL Draft in the books the Pro Football Focus analysis team takes a look at the top remaining players on our draft board. Running back Dalvin Cook (FSU) and edge defender Carl Lawson (Auburn) are among the highest-ranked prospects headed for Day 2.

1. Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State

Big Board Rank: 9

Position Rank: 1

Cook has outstanding vision and patience to allow blocks to develop in zone-blocking schemes. His acceleration when he makes a decision is elite, and he is one of the best at making defenders miss. Cook is capable of overcoming poor blocking, and he led the nation with 99 total missed tackles forced last season. He needs to vastly-improve his ball security and in pass protection, but his big-play ability outweighs those enough to keep the top spot. — Matt Claassen, @PFF_Matt

2. Carl Lawson, Edge, Auburn

Big Board Rank: 14

Position Rank: 4

(Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

The pass-rushers in the SEC last season kept a good number of quarterbacks up late on Friday nights. Lawson registered nine sacks, 13 hits, and 42 hurries in 2016 on only 364 pass-rushing snaps. Lawson wins the edge on offensive tackles as much as anyone in this class and makes them worry about getting out of their stance quickly with his first step. He pairs that up with some of the strongest hands I’ve seen in the class that keep him in control of interactions. — Mike Renner, @PFF_Mike

3. Jordan Willis, Edge, Kansas State

Big Board Rank: 15

Position Rank: 5

As owner of the highest overall grade of any edge player in the country a season ago, Willis absolutely dominated the Big 12. Then he went to Indianapolis and put up the most impressive combine performance of any edge prospect in the class. So if you’re looking for a player who checks the production and athleticism boxes, Willis is your guy. His biggest issue was level of competition faced. The Kansas State defensive end looked far more pedestrian in one-on-one’s at the Senior Bowl, but come actual game time in Mobile, and Willis registered two sacks and three hurries. — Mike Renner, @PFF_Mike

4. Malik McDowell, Defensive Interior, Michigan State

Big Board Rank: 21

Position Rank: 2

McDowell is somewhat polarizing as a prospect. In conjunction with having to address some off-field concerns, McDowell does not always appear ideally suited to a position on the interior. His desire to mix it up with multiple blockers against power running schemes appears minimal at best; his skill-set is pure finesse. Players with McDowell’s athleticism, however—capable of shutting down plays deep into the backfield—are always in high demand. Additionally, he possesses the kind of refinement essential to succeeding in the NFL, displaying excellent hand placement and a fully-stocked pass-rush repertoire. McDowell’s capacity for collapsing the pocket will likely see him selected on Day 1. — John Breitenbach, @PFF_John

5. Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan

Big Board Rank: 24

Position Rank: 3

Regarded as undersized by a lot of people, Lewis has been one of the top cornerbacks in the nation over the past two seasons. Versatile enough to be a starter either on the outside or in the slot, he has allowed just four touchdowns from the 186 passes thrown into his coverage over the past three seasons, coming away with six interceptions and 28 pass breakups in that span. — Gordon McGuinness, @PFF_Gordon

6. Tim Williams, Edge, Alabama

Big Board Rank: 26

Position Rank: 7

On a snap-for-snap basis, Williams has been the most effective pass-rusher in the nation over the past three seasons. The issue is that even over those three seasons, he’s only accumulated 685 snaps (485 as a pass-rusher). While he’s notched a ridiculous 22 sacks, 19 hits, and 83 hurries on those plays, it’s still concerning that he couldn’t see the field more. While Williams looks like one of the most athletic edge rushers in the class on tape, his combine performance was lackluster. — Mike Renner, @PFF_Mike

7. Forrest Lamp, G, Western Kentucky

Big Board Rank: 27

Position Rank: 1

Maybe the cleanest prospect in the draft, Lamp has multiple years of top-notch grading at left tackle to back it up. While level of competition is always a concern, Lamp allowed one total QB pressure against the ferocious pass-rushing threats from Alabama in Week 2. — Mike Renner, @PFF_Mike

8. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt

Big Board Rank: 30

Cunningham has the combination of athleticism, size, and physicality needed to be an excellent every-down linebacker in the NFL. He excels at taking on blocks, and finished fourth among all FBS inside linebackers in 2016 in run-stop percentage despite missing 13 tackles. He also displays impressive skills in man coverage, as he has the speed and strength to stay on the hip of tight ends even on downfield routes. He should also be selected before the end of Day 1. — Josh Liskiewitz, @PFF_Josh

9. Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut

Big Board Rank: 32

Position Rank: 3

(Jared Wickerham/Getty Images)

Much more than just a combine and Senior Bowl-wonder, Melifonwu’s film largely backs up his outstanding draft-prep season. He flashes impressive range for a player his size, but is also excellent against the run in the box because of his ability to square up and finish tackles consistently (ninth among all FBS safeties in 2016 in run-stop percentage). He is a matchup-breaker because of his size, speed and physicality in coverage, and gave up just 40 total receiving yards in his final five college games. — Josh Liskiewitz, @PFF_Josh

10. Sidney Jones, CB, Washington

Big Board Rank: 33

Position Rank: 5

Jones would be even higher on this list were it not for the injury that ruined his pro day. At his best in press man, Jones didn’t allow a single touchdown on throws into his coverage in 2016. He plays the ball well in the air, too, with nine interceptions and 16 pass breakups over the past three seasons. While the injury will push him down draft boards, someone is likely to get a steal once he recovers. — Gordon McGuinness, @PFF_Gordon

24. Taylor Moton, G, Western Michigan

Big Board Rank: 54

In 2015 it was Moton, not fellow teammate and fourth-round pick Willie Beavers, who was worthy of being an All-Conference offensive lineman in the MAC. Moton then made the switch from guard to tackle as a senior with stellar results. He didn’t allow a single sack and only eight total QB pressures all year long. Some may still even see Moton as a tackle at the next level. — Mike Renner, @PFF_Mike

25. Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama

Big Board Rank: 55

At a position defined by consistency, the number of mental lapses from Robinson are concerning. Whether it’s penalties (23 the past two seasons), missed assignments, or lethargic reps, Robinson has a good deal of issues to shore up. That being said, he has a blend of power and athleticism that resembles All-Pro-caliber players at the position. Maybe the most encouraging sign for the true junior is that he went from seven sacks allowed in 2015 to only one in the 2016 season. — Mike
          Last edited by Formula 21; 04-27-2017, 09:17 PM.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

The Bears, Jags, and Seahawks all have clear OL needs. And all are picking before us in the 2nd round unless we trade up. hmm

Lamp will be drafted before our sixth pick comes up. Guaranteed!
            Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 04-27-2017, 10:42 PM.
            For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

Too many good defenders to reach if there's an OL run.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Beerman its good to see you bro. You have been quiet.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

I love Lamp
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• TTThunder
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

No trade up, please...

Stay where we are and draft the best OL/S or S/OL...

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoDak
                      • Technology Director
                      • Send PM

ce95bef30f0fe1b77135991cac5dfb3c402688c5d18f0cfa90d467ab901ca9c2.jpg

But I doubt he's there.

Maybe take King, and move him to Safety... or Baker? (I just love Baker, every time I saw Washington play, he made plays)
                      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Geezbolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Sun Valley, ID
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]1201[/ATTACH]

(I just love Baker, every time I saw Washington play, he made plays)
                        I agree. I watched the Huskies play quite a bit and Baker was always around the ball. Maybe a bit undersized for a safety, but he makes things happen.

Comment

• Maverick
                          (Coryellian)
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Point Loma
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1201[/ATTACH]

But I doubt he's there.

Maybe take King, and move him to Safety... or Baker? (I just love Baker, every time I saw Washington play, he made plays)
                          King is more intriguing to me, esp as a big CB.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍