• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandiego17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    Jeanie Buss: "Any free agent that would be afraid to play w/Kobe Bryant is probably a loser and I’m glad they wouldn’t come to the team."
    Actually heard that interview. I try not to listen to Cowhead, but was flipping through during a Radio Disney commercial to see if there was Bolt talk and heard Jeanie. Stayed on to the dismay of a couple monkeys. She's great and cowmanure is a turd. Another case of east coast bias by ESPN, subjecting the west coast to Cowturd during drive time while nobody on the east coast has to listen to him.

Buss' made a point to tell the clown she will always back Kobe as the interview ended.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Sure wish she had the reins instead of her loser brother.

VIDEO LOADING
      WE'RE SORRY, BUT THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE.
      WATCH MORE VIDEOS
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

I actually like Colin. He calls it like he sees it. And doesn't back down, and will say he's wrong when he's wrong. No backpedaling from him.

Plus I like that he does a show by himself.

I love Jeannie. The Lakers will eventually turn it around as long as she's in charge.
        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
          I actually like Colin. He calls it like he sees it. And doesn't back down, and will say he's wrong when he's wrong. No backpedaling from him.

Plus I like that he does a show by himself.

I love Jeannie. The Lakers will eventually turn it around as long as she's in charge.
          I've listened in the past and I think a lot of time he just takes positions for the sake of the position (it was years ago, but one of his arguments was the it was more fun to watch amare studamire, amongst others, than LeBron James...) I'm just getting older and don't like listening to most of the talking heads, seems like they just want to get a rise out of people. I understand why, just no longer that interested.

Jeannie made it clear that she was the one person in charge and that her father wanted her to handle the business side and Jim the basketball side, but that Jim would NOT have an unlimited time to accomplish his goals. Granted, it would be longer leash. Hopefully Jim can get it done, but was still good to hear.
          Last edited by sandiego17; 10-24-2014, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Wow.

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

So now its Melo and Paul George (!). Ya, I know, everybody is lying and Abbott ("dish it to Kwame!") is the beacon of truth. Kobe haters are funny.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                So now its Melo and Paul George (!). Ya, I know, everybody is lying and Abbott ("dish it to Kwame!") is the beacon of truth. Kobe haters are funny.
                Quit calling me a Kobe hater and a Lakers hater. I mean, seriously, stop. I'm not at all. I've always liked Kobe as a player and recognized him as an all-time great. I've always acknowledged the Lakers' position in the league, their historical contributions and certainly enjoyed watching them during the Showtime era. So just stop saying something that has already been addressed multiple times. It's just blatantly untrue.

I just disagree with you about the stewardship of the Lakers and I certainly wasn't impressed with Jeannie. In fact, I thought she was kind of an empty suit and I was frankly expecting a better performance based on everything I'd heard about her over the years. You guys saw that interview as a good one...so your assessment was quite different than my own. That's what 'wow' was about.

Maybe she's limited in what she could actually say about the situation ($$,TV deal), so she was was in defensive/spin mode. Maybe in that sense she accomplished the franchise's limited objectives. But I didn't find her particularly confident or polished. I was underwhelmed. The comment had nothing to do with the the Abbott article.

You're entitled to your homer opinions. Enjoy the season.
                Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 10-27-2014, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• sandiego17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                  Quit calling me a Kobe hater and a Lakers hater. I mean, seriously, stop. I'm not at all. I've always liked Kobe as a player and recognized him as an all-time great. I've always acknowledged the Lakers' position in the league, their historical contributions and certainly enjoyed watching them during the Showtime era. So just stop saying something that has already been addressed multiple times. It's just blatantly untrue.

I just disagree with you about the stewardship of the Lakers and I certainly wasn't impressed with Jeannie. In fact, I thought she was kind of an empty suit and I was frankly expecting a better performance based on everything I'd heard about her over the years. You guys saw that interview as a good one...so your assessment was quite different than my own. That's what 'wow' was about.

Maybe she's limited in what she could actually say about the situation ($$,TV deal), so she was was in defensive/spin mode. Maybe in that sense she accomplished the franchise's limited objectives. The comment had nothing to do with the the Abbott article.

You're entitled to your homer opinions. Enjoy the season.
                  I was talking about Abbott as the hater, not you, it wasn't even a response to the 'wow' comment? Saw Melo's comments today, so posted it. I like Jeanie, never had a problem with her at all and I don't really care how others view her coming off an interview with Colin Cowherd. Not sure I disagree with you on the stewardship of the Lakers. Jim has a ton to prove and whoever made the billboard decision should be suspended.

'Homer' opinions? I don't think the Lakers are good and, honestly, it doesn't even bother me that much that they won't be good, for now. I simply do not accept Kobe as the reason they aren't good. There are multiple factors and a lazy article by a guy who has been hating on Kobe for years doesn't change my opinion nor do I view it any sort of evidence. Its just a very simpleton, easy opinion that fits into a chosen narrative. You may not care that Abbott is a hater, but he is and that does cloud his perspective much more so than any 'homer'.
                  Last edited by sandiego17; 10-27-2014, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

it might be kobe's fault if he put a bunch of 50lb weights in nash's luggage

Comment

• sandiego17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I guess nobody wants to be known as the wuss that got scurred away by that meanie Kobe. The guy that loves pressure (and fart jokes, you listening SC?) chimes in:

Dwight Howard said Tuesday that Kobe Bryant's presence with the Los Angeles Lakers had nothing to do with his decision to leave the team and sign with the Houston Rockets last year.

"I didn't leave L.A. because I was afraid of Kobe Bryant," Howard said Tuesday, according to the Houston Chronicle. "I went to a good situation for myself. I can't change people's opinions, but I did what I had to do for myself."

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I'd like to see Davis start.

Also, Randle should be seeing more minutes
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013