Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

College Hoops!

My Jackrabbits are in you guys neck of the woods tonight.

It will be interesting to see how the play since Nate Wolters has moved on to the NBA.
    (an aside...Nate Wolters is 6'4" not 6'0 as mentioned in the article)
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

not many college hoops fans, I guess.

Comment

Probably not. Hell, I work for OSU, and they're on fire right now, but not many people in Oklahoma even care about that. The only time
      I care about basketball is during the NBA finals, and even then, I don't care that much. It's too repetitive for me.

Comment

• KarlC
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

First of all, I'm the dumbest person in the world cbb-wise,

But that said...

I had to say something here at Powder Blues, simply because of the fact that the 2 most
        (imho) ignored teams this year are WSU and SDSU. My original hometown (SD), and my
        current shit-home-town (Wichita).

Bizarre. Dunno enough about BBall teams to grade them better than the mediots who say
        both of them are punk bitches who never play decent teams, but I know for sure the WSU
        coach spent all offseason calling these so-called BIG TEAMS asking them for games and they
        all refused. Don't know how it went with the Aztecs, but that sounds like pussying out
        regardless of what the big team's boosters post online in comment sections.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

Witchita State has a very good team. They made some good noise in the tournament last year, and return almost the whole group.

There's a reason the big conference teams don't want to play them.

I don't know much about San Diego State, except that Steve Fisher is their coach...and he is an outstanding recruiter. I also know they have a good team, but I couldn't name any of their players.

I pretty much follow my Jackrabbits during the season, because I'm coaching too...but then it gets fun to watch when the season is over.

Comment

• KarlC
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

It's that time of year again. Shockers are going back to the tourney.

Anyone else either a CBB fan, or like me, just smothered with fandom due to geography?

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

Kentucky has a team for the ages, whether they complete the undefeated season or not.

I have to say at first, I was against Coach Cal and his approach of getting all these "one and done" guys, but now I'm actually supporting it.

If that's the rule...then they should be able to do it. I really think the NBA should be able to draft these kids, and bring them up in the D League.

Duke has a very good squad this year, Okafor looks like the closest thing to Anthony Davis since Anthony Davis. (but, no one is Anthony Davis)

Wisconsin and Virgina are both really good, and both play with enough defense and ball control, that they could give Kentucky fits.

Really looking forward to this year's tournament.

Comment

• KarlC
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

LOTS of B-ball today. Dunno what happened, but the local FOXSports is carrying the Shockers game.
                According to ESPN, it wasn't going to be on tv (well, ESPN3 and WatchESPN if you subscribed to E3), but hey, good news for local fans.
                I bet the local pubs are raking it in this weekend.

I don't really care for hoops, but I've seen some pretty good last 2 minutes of games this weekend while the tv was on in the background.
                If it was a full-contact sport, I might actually become a fan.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Illinois State is playing like madmen this MVC tourney. Hope they get a spot in March Madness, they deserve it.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoDak
                    • Technology Director
                    • Send PM

Jackrabbits lost a heartbreaker to our rivals up North, NDSU last night. Lost the Summit League Championship by 1 point.

I was there. It was a great, exciting game, but it was sad to go home with the loss.]

I don't see NDSU upsetting anyone in the first round this year, much different team than last season.

Comment

• KarlC
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

To anyone smarter than me: In conferences that are so huge that their Con-Tourneys have so many more games than smaller conferences, why do the Braket-makers pay so much attention to these games?

For Instance: In the MVC there is one champion who wins by record (This year WSU). Then, there is a "Tournament Champion" (This year ISU).

BUT!!! Then there are these conference tourneys that go on and on and frakking on for what- 2 weeks? - after the small con tourneys.

And guess what? The rankings change during these tournaments. Why? It's just inter-conference masturbation, really.

I guess I just don't understand. It's like if the NFL let something besides the record determine playoff seeds (and had a second playoff that had nothing-or everything- to do with seeds).

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Aztecs win! They're a lock for the tournament, but playing against a desperate Wyoming team for the MW Tournament champ.

You know that the tournaments are just money makers. MW shouldn't play in the Thomas & Mack because it gives UNLV home games, but they make more money there than say the MGM.

Comment

Working...
                        X