• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

The Denver Broncos set numerous offensive records last year. The Chip Kelly Eagles had a fascinating offense that was lethal for stretches. The Saints offense was its usual efficient self, and the Chicago Bears under Marc Trestman had one of the best offensive years in franchise history. Yet all of those teams had at l

Article on the offense.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
      I loved it. What will other teams do to defense against that strategy this year? One thing you would think they might do is blanket Woodhead whenever he's in there. If you take away Rivers' safety valve it could disrupt him significantly I would think. But then we run the ball and we run it very well.
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

They forgot the pythagorian analysis
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
          Is Rivers throwing passes with his left arm today?
          Am I misremembering, or does he not have an official left-handed attempt?
          Adipose

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
            I loved it. What will other teams do to defense against that strategy this year? One thing you would think they might do is blanket Woodhead whenever he's in there. If you take away Rivers' safety valve it could disrupt him significantly I would think. But then we run the ball and we run it very well.
            It's funny that you think taking away Woodhead would disrupt Rivers in any way, much less significantly. Just a couple of years ago he was considered the best deep passer in the game. Some QBs throw short because they haven't developed a deep game. We throw short by design. If a defense decides to take away the short game, Floyd, Allen, and Green will be wearing broad smiles as we exploit the deep stuff.
            Adipose

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              http://web.utsandiego.com/news/2014/...s-auburn-acee/

Easy to see why Davis could be a BoltHe's looking like he could perhaps make the Chargers' practice squad.
              Hoarse's Homer logo:
              sigpic

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Teams did blanket Woodhead. That was late in the season. Woodhead was not a very big part of the O late in the year, and it was because teams covered him like a blanket, but they couldn't stop everyone else. At various times they tried to take Gates and Allen out too. It is always better to have several good weapons then one great guy is that defenses can always stop one guy, but when you have a collection of options, then teams can't stop everyone.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                  Charger Fan till the end
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Carolina
                  • Send PM

Agreed.....we have too many weapons for most teams to manage to cover up. Allen was on fire with Matthews....throw in Gates and Woodhead and Green and now Floyd and possibly a Reese for a few plays and its going to be fun to watch. I think our big test will be Seattle in game 2 to see how we can dictate against a stout defense. I just hope we can get our offense back on track that early in the season, if not it could be a long game. Good thing is we kept 90% of our offensive team and added more depth/talent and Seattle did lose quite a bit of their defense so they may have more of a challenge with new players getting in sync.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

I don't think we need to quake in our boots though. I think we match up reasonably well against Seattle. The thing that Seattle uses to get people is you don't want to stay in a close game against them, and their D is good enough that they don't allow a lot of points. So, come the 3rd and 4th quarter, I think teams get away from what they do well to try and get a lead. I don't think we need to do that. Just hang in there and keep playing our game no matter what.

Also, not many SB teams come back the next season and don't struggle somewhat. Some of it is just the pressure of being a marked team, but some of it is that the guys who are playing feel like they have arrived and let up some.

It's too bad too, because a Seattle team on the top of their game would be a great early season test for us. And if we don't win, I don't think it destroys the season for us.

Comment

• MakoShark
                      Disgruntled
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Alabama
                      • Send PM

The jaw jacking between Rivers and Sherman could be epic. They should both be mic'd up.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Maverick
                        (Coryellian)
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Point Loma
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                        The jaw jacking between Rivers and Sherman could be epic. They should both be mic'd up.
                        Oh man...I'd pay money to see that!

Wait a minute, I AM paying money to see that. LOL

Can't wait!

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

http://utsd.us/1o8WHmThttp://utsd.us/1o8WHmT

Replied to 0 times
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X