• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdog View Post
    The only Padre I would put in the category as better than current Padres is Rizzo, who hit his 27th tonight for the Cubs. I thought they gave up on him way too quickly and Cashner in return was always a risk with his injury history--Plus he's not likely to give the team a discount when arbitration arrives. Ross has passed him up this season as our No.1--much more consistent than Cashner this season even when he was healthy.
    I'd give you a list, but Corey Kluber would suffice.

GP GS CG SHO IP H R ER HR BB SO W L P/GS WHIP BAA ERA
    25 25 2 1 171.2 148 54 47 10 36 187 13 6 102.0 1.07 .231 2.46

Comment

• RobH
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Tokyo, Japan
      • University English Lecturer
      • Send PM

We've just been bushwhacked by St. Louis and the Dugs, but damn, I feel sorry for Tyson Ross. He pitched a hell of a game tonight, but Kershaw was just that little bit better. Ross is just going to get better, and I like him to head our pitching staff next year.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Ross, Hahn and Cashner have all shown well at the ML level, which is encouraging. But all three carry significant injury concerns as well. Just hope they can shake that baggage.

Comment

• Boltdog
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Lunar Surface
          • Nutrition Consultant
          • Send PM

Ross and Hahn probably don't have enough starts yet in the Majors to assume they will be injury-prone from this point on. Given how Pads have rested Hahn in recent weeks, we can probably expect they will curtail Ross' innings soon. He has nothgin to prove at this point and Joe Wieland, among other pitchers, will be part of the Sept. call ups. ..
          Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:

Comment

• Boltdog
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Lunar Surface
            • Nutrition Consultant
            • Send PM

[QUOTE=ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR;99928]I'd give you a list, but Corey Kluber would suffice.QUOTE] Nice but how long are the Pads supposed to hold onto projects like Brad Brach, etc? Brach and Miklas had parts of 2-3 seasons up with the Padres and were out-performed by other Pads relievers year by year in our very good bullpen--The only pitcher in our BP I would have exchanged for the current version of Brach after 2013 is Dale Thayer. The vast majority of other teams passed on Brach too when they had the chance to acquire him, and most of them have worse significantly-BPs than San Diego. Our esteemed pitching coach and Bud Black would be at fault for letting Brach walk--The GM would not have gone against their opinions. But overall they have done a good job with other teams' castoffs.

Bottom line is that Padres are not hurting for more pitchers but hitters. They still lead the majors in ERA last I checked, even with all the injuries they've had. Bringing up gaffs by the litany of former Pads GMs serves little purpose at this point. Few of our position players other than Rizzo have succeeded after leaving here, which has wasted so many great pitching performances of late...
            Last edited by Boltdog; 08-27-2014, 07:10 PM.
            Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

[QUOTE=Boltdog;103112]
              Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
              I'd give you a list, but Corey Kluber would suffice.QUOTE] Nice but how long are the Pads supposed to hold onto projects like Brad Brach, etc? Brach and Miklas had parts of 2-3 seasons up with the Padres and were out-performed by other Pads relievers year by year in our very good bullpen--The only pitcher in our BP I would have exchanged for the current version of Brach after 2013 is Dale Thayer. The vast majority of other teams passed on Brach too when they had the chance to acquire him, and most of them have worse significantly-BPs than San Diego. Our esteemed pitching coach and Bud Black would be at fault for letting Brach walk--The GM would not have gone against their opinions. But overall they have done a good job with other teams' castoffs.

Bottom line is that Padres are not hurting for more pitchers but hitters. They still lead the majors in ERA last I checked, even with all the injuries they've had. Bringing up gaffs by the litany of former Pads GMs serves little purpose at this point. Few of our position players other than Rizzo have succeeded after leaving here, which has wasted so many great pitching performances of late...
              This misses more than one point. But the main ones are value and assets. This franchise doesn't have enough of either. In the case of Kluber, he's better than anyone we have and certainly worthy of more than Ryan Ludwick.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                Go Aztecs and Pads
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

If we never lose another game this year, we can make .500.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

I see TJ surgery in Tyson Ross's future.

STATUS
                  Day-To-Day
                  Ross (elbow) was able play catch Friday but it's still undetermined if he'll be able to start again this season since he continues to have soreness in his forearm, U-T San Diego reports. (about 1 hour ago)
                  Data Provided By

View the profile of Texas Rangers Starting Pitcher Tyson Ross on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.
                  For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Dont even say it.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Do the Padres know what they're doing with pitchers?

I really have to wonder why Ross wasn't shut down way before his forearm/elbow tightness. He went way beyond his previous years innings total and we clearly didn't need him as we were out of the race a while ago. Black (I do love the guy...He gets more out of crap than anyone else) left Cashner in that no-hit game vs Houston a couple years ago and what happened? Cashner reported soreness in his lat or shoulder and he missed the rest of that season (or the majority).

How many TJ procedures will this be for the Padres (organizationally) in the last three years if Ross gets one too?
                      Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 09-22-2014, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                        Do the Padres know what they're doing with pitchers?

I really have to wonder why Ross wasn't shut down way before his forearm/elbow tightness. He went way beyond his previous years innings total and we clearly didn't need him as we were out of the race a while ago. Black (I do love the guy...He gets more out of crap than anyone else) left Cashner in that no-hit game vs Houston a couple years ago and what happened? Cashner reported soreness in his lat or shoulder and he missed the rest of that season (or the majority).

How many TJ procedures will this be for the Padres (organizationally) in the last three years if Ross gets one too?
                        Do you just mean pitchers or are you including position players? LOL

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                          Do you just mean pitchers or are you including position players? LOL
                          The Padres need to go back to their roots...PCL.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞