• Show
Clear All
  • mikec
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by KarlC View Post
    Deutschland 83.

Another great episode, except for the part where they reminded me that albino chimp Billy Idol exists.

I wonder if they're going to include the false alarm at the Sov early warning site that almost started WW3.
    The Soviet early warning failure happened on Sept 26th, Able Archer started Nov 2nd, so if they stick to the real time-line, no. But this is a docu-drama, so who knows what they'll do.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Just a reminder, Tonight is the end of the The Daily Show with John Stewart.

Then, it's going to be re-runs for a few weeks, until they get the new host in there.

I'm going to miss him. Honest truth...it's my favorite show for politcal news...because I can actually laugh at the obsurdity of the whole thing.

Losing him and Colbert in the same year, I believe will be a pretty big blow to CC, and their "news" shows. I've actually watched the "Nightly Show", which replaced Colbert, and it's pretty good...but it's going to take them a long, long, time to build the audience like they had.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post

Then, it's going to be re-runs for a few weeks, until they get the new host in there.

I'm going to miss him. Honest truth...it's my favorite show for politcal news...because I can actually laugh at the obsurdity of the whole thing.

Losing him and Colbert in the same year, I believe will be a pretty big blow to CC, and their "news" shows. I've actually watched the "Nightly Show", which replaced Colbert, and it's pretty good...but it's going to take them a long, long, time to build the audience like they had.
        I'm with you man.I think my favorite Daily Show moment ever was in the last show - with Sen. McCain showing up with his puppet and calling Stewart a jackass.

I tried watching the Larry Wilmore show, but it's only funny to me when there's a funny guest - and that's only the last part of the show.

I'm not really interested in seeing the real version of Colbert. I'm a big fan of Bill O'Reilly impersonations.

I was kind of interested in seeing the new Daily Show with the South African guy, but he said he's not going to be making fun of Fox News. That pretty much ruined it for me.

The show I like now is the English dude who used to be on the Daily Show. He's got an HBO show that I see clips of on Youtube. It's hilarious. Oh, and I still like Bill Maher.
        Last edited by Guest; 08-08-2015, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• KarlC
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post

Colbert: "I'm going to ask you, Jon, to address me as Mr. President."

Stewart: "Stephen, you can't just assume the office of President."

Colbert: "George W. Bush did..."

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Back to the action...

catching up on The Last Ship, Mr. Robot, and Deutschland 83's finale.

Good stuff, Maynard. Harsh, but good.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Defiance S3 ep 09.

Ah, Season 3. Where every decent character either gets whacked or subjected to Ragnar's Vikings Season 1,
              and every waste of protoplasm lives forever.

Not liking the writers this season.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Mr. Robot 09.

"I think this is the PERFECT F**KING VOLUME!" :lmao:

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Mr Robot ep 09.

Wait, what about all those scenes w/ Christian Slater and other people w/o Elliot?
                  Who were those people talking to?

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Fear the Walking Dead was kind of a let down. I hope it gets better.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                      SLAM DUNK!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • East County San Diego
                      • Bolt fanatic
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                      Fear the Walking Dead was kind of a let down. I hope it gets better.
                      It should get better as the zombie and body count increases
                      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                        Fear the Walking Dead was kind of a let down. I hope it gets better.
                        I worked on the Pilot. Kind of meh...
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                          It should get better as the zombie and body count increases
                          I agree, and I realize that they were going for character development in the pilot (sorry Hoarse), it was just too much character development as it was really long.

Comment

Working...
                          X