• Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

San Diego Chargers RG Jeromey Clary placed on PUP list

by Ernie Padaon 15s ago
    TWEET

0

The San Diego Chargers have placed RG Jeromey Clary on the PUP list to start out training camp. While Clary is on the PUP list, he is ineligible to practice with the rest of the team. He has been dealing with his offseason shoulder surgery and is recovering.

Clary is projected to be the starting right guard during the year, but with him sitting on the sideline to start training camp, other players will get the opportunity to make an impression. Rookie Chris Watt will get his chance to get some action with the first team.

Clary is a tough player and gets a lot of crap from San Diego fans. He will work his booty off in order to get back on the field.

Here is what the offensive line coach said via UT San Diego.

“He’s tough as the day is long,” offensive line coach Joe D’Alessandris said this year. “He’s dependable. He’s honest. He’s fair. He’s a competitor, and he’s productive. I can’t give you any better words than the words I just told you. I think the guy’s got a lot going for him, and he’s good for our team.”
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
      Next thread up - CYA Keiser.
      not likely. His court case ended in basically a slap on the wrist and he's a good backup and ST guy. TC just started and there's gonna be injuries so no need to cut guys like Keiser at this time.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Keiser has shown himself to be a bad character guy. And looking at the guys TT brings in, they're guys you root for because they have such high character.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

I'm fine letting them battle it out. I do think Tourek Williams has the most upside of the bunch (at least until I see Law play firsthand). I want Law to win the spot though since he can potentially be the best pure pass rusher of the bunch. Who knows maybe we keep 6 OLB. Injuries could ultimately end up making the decision simple for the coaching staff.

Comment

• UtahBolt
            Did we win?
            • Jun 2013
            • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
            • Send PM

I think 6 OLBs is a real possibility because of injury potential. Face it, does anyone really think Dwight Freeney will make it through the season unhurt? Really? In addition, JJ is getting up there and last season may have started the injury trend for him as well. There is no reason to cut Keiser right now, he has made plays in actual NFL games and at the very least will give you solid reps in TC and PS.
            I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Man, we wasted a 2nd round pick on a guy who ended up with 1 tackle and 5 snaps played. Not sure what happened to AJ's drafting prowess from the early days towards the end but sheez what an awful pick.

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                definitely AJs worst pick. Even worse than Buster and Larry. Literally nobody had Mouton going in the 2nd except AJ. That draft sucked. Who the hell prioritizes an entire draft on special teams?
                This!

Comment

• Big Dog
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Off the field Keiser showed poor character, but we have kept players who did worse and so have othe teams ... On the field Keiser has shown a knack for making a big play at big times, shocking the heck out of me because I didn't think much of the guy, so I hope he stays ... that said I'm getting a wiff of PED's from Keiser but that may just be Merriman flashbacks ...

Speaking of that without steriods I have no talent piece of shit, they have him on the NFL Network and my hatred for that lying sleaze ball has eased a little bit down to hostile dislike because on occasion he has said something nice about the Chargers ...

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

The sad part about Merriman is that he probably would of had a decent career if he took care of his knee when it was first diagnosed. It was a giant downward spiral after that.
                    Last edited by Beerman; 07-24-2014, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• MakoShark
                      Disgruntled
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Alabama
                      • Send PM

Well, I hope Clary isn't headed for the "designated to return list". Will TT bring in more TC bodies to fill these slots or does he stand pat and let the TC competitions play out as is? It should be a very interesting TC.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

Mouton was just a wasted pick. I remember when we picked him, I was like? Who?

I feel bad the guy got injured, and never really bounced back, but the NFL is a tough business.

How long is Clary out for? Do we have any idea?
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Hell, the talking heads on TV were like "Who?"
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X