Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
      Aliens was an awesome movie. 5 stars

Sigourney was a badass in it.
      I really hope we don't get the aliens that call human stomachs their home.
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Time to not get this aliens
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Screeme
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

To think that we are the only life in the Universe is pretty dumb. There are so many different worlds and planets out there.. and we are only just starting to discover tthese things. Somewhere out there, who knows where, who knows when we'll find it... there is other life. I am sure of it... even if it is life in a way that at this moment, we can not possibly conceive of it... I'm positive its out there.

Aliens visiting earth, on the other hand... I too would like to believe that there are millions of witnesses as opposed to millions of crazies, but I think millions of crazies is probably closer to the truth. An Alien visiting earth, at this point undetected by humans.. without getting onto twitter and becoming, INSTANTLY a worldwide sensation... seems an impossible feat. *If* aliens were visiting earth.. there ability in space travel would demonstrate that their technology is so hugely superior to us.. I just don't see what all the secret secrecy would be all about. Do we make ourselves invisible to the insects were study? (I think their technology to ours would be a good comparison of us to insects) Do we even care about them in any way?

I'm pretty skeptical about most of these things, but I try to keep an open mind. There are things that are unexplainable. Its just far far more rare than we are led to believe.

Comment

• sandiego17
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post
            To think that we are the only life in the Universe is pretty dumb. There are so many different worlds and planets out there.. and we are only just starting to discover tthese things. Somewhere out there, who knows where, who knows when we'll find it... there is other life. I am sure of it... even if it is life in a way that at this moment, we can not possibly conceive of it... I'm positive its out there.

Aliens visiting earth, on the other hand... I too would like to believe that there are millions of witnesses as opposed to millions of crazies, but I think millions of crazies is probably closer to the truth. An Alien visiting earth, at this point undetected by humans.. without getting onto twitter and becoming, INSTANTLY a worldwide sensation... seems an impossible feat. *If* aliens were visiting earth.. there ability in space travel would demonstrate that their technology is so hugely superior to us.. I just don't see what all the secret secrecy would be all about. Do we make ourselves invisible to the insects were study? (I think their technology to ours would be a good comparison of us to insects) Do we even care about them in any way?

I'm pretty skeptical about most of these things, but I try to keep an open mind. There are things that are unexplainable. Its just far far more rare than we are led to believe.
            Agree pretty much word for word. I would be incredible if there weren't life on some plant out there.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I thought I saw one in that Te'o thread. In fact, I am sure I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Screeme View Post

A possible explanation is "perceptual blindness". Our eyes can take in billions of bytes per second of information from our immediate environment. However, our brains can only process a small percentage of that information. So, anything
                that doesn't immediately "make sense" to our brains is discarded by the brain. I believe that this could be at play in situations regarding not only aliens, but ghosts as well. We're programmed our whole lives to believe that ghosts and aliens
                aren't real, so we immediately discard that - even if we're looking right at it. Here's another example of this:

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Roswell Rock. Never knew this existed until I watched this...

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Some good docs on this site.

Comment

• KarlC
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                      A possible explanation is "perceptual blindness". Our eyes can take in billions of bytes per second of information from our immediate environment. However, our brains can only process a small percentage of that information. So, anything
                      that doesn't immediately "make sense" to our brains is discarded by the brain. I believe that this could be at play in situations regarding not only aliens, but ghosts as well. We're programmed our whole lives to believe that ghosts and aliens
                      aren't real, so we immediately discard that - even if we're looking right at it.
                      Another point is that Human brains have adapted to recognize patterns. When wild animals will be susceptible to hunting, when weather will be favorable for habitation or hunting, how the stars move across the sky. This "Pattern Recognition" is both a boon and a bane.

A few years back I saw a presentation by a neuroscientist or physicist that played Stairway to Heaven backwards. The first time nobody guessed any words matching the sounds. The second time, he played the exact same soundtrack, but with words on a screen that "might" have matched the backwards masking. Literally everyone said it sounded like those words after seeing that pairing. This not only showed how much we "will" pattern recognition" , but also our susceptibility to suggestion.

I like the show Ancient Aliens insofar as it includes historical facts about places like Gobekli Tepi and the ancient ruins across so much of South America When it gives admitted frauds like Erik F.D. a mouthpiece, I tune it out.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                        This might interest some...

http://allmyvideos.net/fsmedub5px4v

This is better...

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Are aliens shutting down our nuclear arsenal?

Comment

Working...
                          X