• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blahblahblah
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
    The padres have like 19 players only meetings each season... Suck is suck regardless as to accountability.
    Yeah, but normalized against number of games per season, that's like one meeting in the NFL.

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

On Mike and Mike this morning they were talking about Rex Ryan. He does some radio show every Monday and, yesterday, when he was pressed about a QB change he basically said the decision to make a QB change is not his alone to make. He said a QB change would be a "Jets decision".

Looks like its Geno Smith or bust for now.
      sigpic

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

If the Jets commit to ground and pound, and they should, I think we can still match up well. Our run D has been pretty good this year, outside of the long run by Harvin and a couple of missed tackles. Let them slowly plod the ball down the field. I have no faith that the Jets can put together 10 and 15 play drives on offense, which is what it is going to take unless they can break some long runs. Any play that stops them for a short gain, loss, or any penalty is going to kill their drives. Plus, add in how we did on 3rd and 4th downs vs the jags, we are going to win some of those short yardage situations.

They may average 4 to 4.5 yards per carry, but they need to do a lot better then that, or they aren't going to score many points against us, unless we turn the ball over against them. I think they are going to have to score more then 20 to keep up with our offense.

Remember the jets have allowed 864 passing yards and 7 TD in the last 3 games. And no int in that period. They keep letting WR and TE get deep on them when they try and jump the short routes, and when they don't jump the short routes, teams dink and dunk on them. That sounds like a secondary who is ripe for our offense to me.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
          On Mike and Mike this morning they were talking about Rex Ryan. He does some radio show every Monday and, yesterday, when he was pressed about a QB change he basically said the decision to make a QB change is not his alone to make. He said a QB change would be a "Jets decision".

Looks like its Geno Smith or bust for now.
          A coach that is not empowered to make a qb change is a coach not long for his job.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The JETS main problem has been their lack of offensive play makers. How do they expect Geno to succeed when he has one gimpy target of Decker, who is not a top flight WR IMO. They have crap for other receivers, and crap for TE, which is a young QBs security blanket. The same thing for EJ in Buffalo. Aside from the fact that I have no IDEA how they thought EJ was a top 15 pick, when all he did was underachieve with consistently the best talent in CFB during his tenure. They have a rookie WR as their best talent, and they can run the ball. When these guys are forced to throw, they have nobody to throw to. Cam has one rookie receiver, crap group of overpaid RBs, and a solid TE. Seriously mismanaged assets. The best thing to have with an inexperienced QB is a good running game and a good TE.

The JETS pass on play makers in every fricking draft, and seemingly spend all of their top 3 rds on D every year, even when their D is the strength of the team. Then they go out and get retreads in FA. Recipe for disaster.... I LOVE IT!!!!

Comment

• KarlC
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Not too worried as this game is during the regular season, but it's still another possible trap game against an inferior opponent.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• TABF
                Por debajo del promedio
                • Jun 2013
                • SoCal
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
                Yeah, but normalized against number of games per season, that's like one meeting in the NFL.
                True true... I meant to say that the Padres have like 67 players only meeting....suck is suck!

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Point spread dropped to 6.5 points.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Norv struggled vs the Jets and so did Marty. Norv because his system vs sexy Rexys defence, and Marty's because the run game would get shut down and we had not the skill players to come back.
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• floydefisher
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • siberiacuse, ny
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                      A coach that is not empowered to make a qb change is a coach not long for his job.
                      I don't think he's powerless.....more like clueless and prefers to let the offensive coaches coach the offense.

Not a bad idea if he had a good offensive coordinator, which I doubt he does.
                      sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                        Disgruntled
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Alabama
                        • Send PM

I think what Rex was alluding to is that the starting QB decision has been taken out of the coaching staffs hands and is now a FO decision.
                        sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
                          Go Aztecs and Pads
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                          Norv struggled vs the Jets and so did Marty. Norv because his system vs sexy Rexys defence, and Marty's because the run game would get shut down and we had not the skill players to come back.
                          Because Kaeding.

Comment

Working...
                          X