• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Mid-Season Grades, Surprises & Disappointments: the Offensive Line

Coming into the year the Chargers had plans on being more athletic. It’s also clear they wanted to do a better job of keeping Philip Rivers upright. We’ll go over how that plan has worked out so far this year and grade each of the offensive linemen. We'll also give a surprise and a disappointment.
    Ridiculous Russell
    When Russell Okung signed on March 9th I thought that he would be an upgrade. I knew he would be good. I had no idea he’d be this good. Okung has added a much-needed level of toughness to the offensive line that’s been missing for years. He’s easily one of my favorite players to watch. He buries guys on a weekly basis. Whether it’s against the run: or the pass: For comparison’s sake, last year running off the left end the Chargers averaged 2.82 yards per carry. This year it’s up to 4.91. I’d say he’s making a difference. They trust him in pass protection as well. Leaving him on an island against some high-level edge rushers so they can help out other guys. It’s hard to complain about much of

More...
Working...
X