• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Philip Rivers Is the One Player the Chargers Cannot Afford to Lose

Each Wednesday, the SB Nation NFL team sites explore a special theme. This week's theme is: “Who is the one player you can't afford to lose?”

Matthew Stanley: Philip Rivers. He won't be, but he should be in the conversation as an MVP candidate. He is so important to this team, and his replacement, Kellen Clemens is a huge drop off in talent and performance. I don't think this team scores more than 6 points a game without Rivers at the helm this season.
    Jason Michaels: I think that Philip Rivers is the obvious choice. He’s been back up toward his career best in this latest winning streak. The drop off after him would be a death sentence, while the loss of anyone else would be a mere challenge.
    However, similarly important would be Coons. Finally having a kicker going 7 of 8 and 4 of 4xp correlates perfectly with the win streak. There is no doubt that they’ll need a trusty leg down the end of the season.
    Ryan Doyle: I️ think Philip Rivers is the far and away most obvious choice, but I️ think Russell Ok

More...
Working...
X